Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

My god can you lose the attitude?

I used all these builds long time ago. What will you say then?

If you like a nice viable build, just share it with otger monks. Dont try to title it its your build.
Reply Quote
Just what we needed - Guide Wars! ^_^

My money is on Druin's Doom Hammer.
Reply Quote
My god can you lose the attitude?

I used all these builds long time ago. What will you say then?

If you like a nice viable build, just share it with otger monks. Dont try to title it its your build.

I have already stated I'm sure others have used the build or are using it. I call it my build in the sense that it is the build I am using. Not that I created it. The way I use the build and my play style, as far as I know, is unique to me. I have played with many monks and have never come across someone who uses "my" build or plays the way I do.
Reply Quote
First off I would like to apologize for getting a little worked up earlier. From my perspective it seemed as though I was getting ripped off in a sense.

I posted a thread with a video showing a similar build to druins guide. Druin commented on the video in that thread and a couple days later posted his guide and video which was very similar to the build I showed.

That was my perspective. I was not aware of other factors and I apologize to druin for any wrong doing.

That being said I would really like to pit our builds against each others.
Reply Quote
Hey Druin

Really nice video guide. The really amazing amount of effort you put in to the making and editing of your videos (especially compared to mine...) really pays off.

Its pretty interesting that you're getting a rate of 700 kills/leg. I've been compiling a lot of data from me and some other barbs and so far its around 494k kills and 634 legendaries but that might be from the fact that we have a much lower kill rate of the beasts and trees.

You might want to consider some optimization of your fields pathing though. I averaged around 6% better by using the checkpoint at the top right of the map and clearing towards the bottom right so that you don't have to guess where you're starting off. You can either use talk to alaric and you'll get Leah with you, or if you use death in Wortham you can do it too, but watch out for the checkpoint just north of the new tristram waypoint. I uploaded a quick vid of the path here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJJ_tJe_cw.

Btw. I think it's time for you to come out of retirement from streaming. Would you be interested in doing a 6 hr legendary farming competition on the 23rd of June? So far I got Ziss (440k CM) Todd (790k Archon) Dutch (345k soj skorn CoB) and I'm going to try to get Modz as well.
Reply Quote
I think you should note that you are getting 700kills/1 legendary rate based off of 550% mf? 100 paragon + mp10.

Not all of us are paragon 100.
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 6/7/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Druin, really enjoyed this latest spec/youtube vid. Much gratitude to you and everyone else who contributed to theory craft the spec and shared the knowledge with the public.

I had quite honestly for all intense purpose stopped playing my monk out of boredom, but I just tried this out tonight for the first time (I was skeptical at first, my gear is a notch below yours) and holy dying mobs was this a lot of fun...I found myself yelling out at the laptop (boom as each WoL would melt down 40 plus monsters)...also found at least 1 legendary each FoM run (I did 3 total).

I'm gonna mess around a bit with my gear but I will follow your advice, staying close to 1.3 APS...and I tried my full Inna's (which isn't bad 199K unbuffed), but then later switched to my Mempo/WH and things died a lot faster and I still had no issues using TR from mob to mob....

Thanks again for all you do for the monk community.
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Druin
Note: I am dedicating this video/guide to TianZi.

I watched your video even though I'm not even playing D3 now.

EP/Bells/TR Best Spec :)

Miss you guys <3. Probably won't be back till 1.1, hope to see you guys in game again then.
Reply Quote
View profile
TIANZI!!!
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing! Really cool build.

I wonder how I could potentially adapt this for Hardcore... Problem is there's only so much room for trial and error in testing new builds :) (wish the PTR was always up!) Any suggestions Druin?
Reply Quote
its fun, but only really works when u are solo... that's no fun :o

inspired by strong spirit, my current build is working well in a 4 person party. you can tag ALOT of demons and the explosion makes up for health scaling
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing! Really cool build.

I wonder how I could potentially adapt this for Hardcore... Problem is there's only so much room for trial and error in testing new builds :) (wish the PTR was always up!) Any suggestions Druin?

Test in SC?
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Bukkfrig
Test in SC?

Good idea, but that would require me leveling a monk to 60 and finding the same gear as my HC monk... easier to ask :)
Reply Quote
hey druin .. is rising tide better than quickening in every case? for instance i spam bells
Reply Quote
few things:

1. Thank you for this, the spec is a lot of fun to play!

2. My gear seems pretty garbage for doing mp10, but even mp8 I am dying a lot. Nearly 600 AR, 46k life and a low 3.4 armor (can't use seize the armor). Cows pretty much one shot me, usually 95% of my life and Tauren smacks me in the head.

3. I get REALLY bad lag with this game as is, for some god damn reason (internet, not video) but when I TR around the map, I rubber band like a mad man. This normal?
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Daliwoo
hey druin .. is rising tide better than quickening in every case? for instance i spam bells

Rising Tide is better when you are surrounded or if you're depending on Cyclones for life stealing.

Quickening is better for your more average playstyle, say, fighting just an elite pack.
Reply Quote

2. My gear seems pretty garbage for doing mp10, but even mp8 I am dying a lot. Nearly 600 AR, 46k life and a low 3.4 armor (can't use seize the armor). Cows pretty much one shot me, usually 95% of my life and Tauren smacks me in the head.

Yep, you just need more EHP. Probably easier to get in the form of Vitality. I do MP10 with similar/less damage to you, but a lot more HP.

3. I get REALLY bad lag with this game as is, for some god damn reason (internet, not video) but when I TR around the map, I rubber band like a mad man. This normal?

Yeah, TR will occasionally rubber band everyone. If it's particularly bad for you (you think it's worse than everybody else is getting), try Dashing Strike.
Reply Quote
thanks bukk, i'll try both and see whats working best with the new mob density.
Reply Quote
I just want to point out to people who are having death issues like me at mid-level gear.

I have started using a shield and it is making the world of difference. It probably helps my 1 hander is practically ideal for bells (high damage), but I actually prefer using a shield I think for this, I was dying 3-4 times a run, now maybe once. Sure the time spent not dying, the shield is actually faster haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]