Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

I'm switching from cookiecutter build. Is this the best way to level? I have a nice 1400dps 5.6lS 334dex skorn that i am going to use for the TR.
Reply Quote
I'm switching from cookiecutter build. Is this the best way to level? I have a nice 1400dps 5.6lS 334dex skorn that i am going to use for the TR.
Reply Quote
There are many ways to lvl fast.

This is certainly one of them. :)

Not sure what the cd on that skorn is but the stats look nice. Should use that.
Reply Quote
174cd 1423dps i think
Reply Quote
Man, I am getting a lot of the same kinds of legendaries. I think I've had three BAoS, Ageless Might, Promise of Glory, and Tormentors now. I've only found about five legendaries that have even had the potential of being good (Skorn, DML, Tal Amulet, Inna's Pants, Inna's Helm), unfortunately they weren't. I did find some pretty good Str, Vit, AR, and life % shoulders, hope they end up selling for something.

I think any short TR just to reposition has a good chance of rubberbanding you back to where you started. If I instead TR around for a bit before starting th EP cycle I get better results. Anyone else notice the same?

I've noticed I've been rubberbanding like crazy, and its annoying as hell. I never had this kind of problem in the past at all when TRing. Something they did with 1.0.8 made it worse instead of fixing it.

06/20/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Troglodyte
I would like to throw in the possibility of no SoJ for this build bcs the only thing you really benefit from is the spirit regen. You can get your CC from a normal Ring and a lot more EHP to make you viable for higher MP. Elite bonus is useless, since were going trash-hunting. Even if you try to kill elite, the only thing that will accomplish this are EP explosions which aren't boosted by your SoJ.

Yeah, I tried doing this with a SoJ for a bit, but I dropped it for a ring with crit and a boatload of EHP on it. Right now Im using my Hellfire (4.5 crit) and my Unity (for some extra IAS since I can still get by with it). I skip just about all elites in FoM, and only kill easier to kill ones that follow me in Decaying Crypts if it spawns.

edit: Hells yes, just sold the shoulders I found for 175M pre tax. Probably could have gotten more since I went lower than everything else on the AH, shoulders were 251 base armor 210 Str, 146 Vit, 73 AR, 12% life. Probably gonna kick myself if I ever decide to play a barbarian.
Edited by Toprem#1136 on 6/20/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was just looking at your original TR compilation, and there are so many different variations, hard to chose one!

Any recommendations for a beginner TR'r?

So let me clarifiy this, I do not need AIS? Just want real high CC/CD?

^ Is that for all TR variations or only this one?
Reply Quote
Hey druin I watch your vid and it was super helpful thank you. But I was wondering if you could light mobs up like that in MP 10, with a full game with your friends in it?
Edited by Calus#1758 on 6/21/2013 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Druin

i try some test about used rubi or emerald in weapon MH, this is base d3up when i change from rubi to emerald in MH weapons

Stat Diff % Old New
DPS +6,456.85 3% 189.1k 195.6k
DPS vs Elites +8,264.78 3% 242.1k 250.4k

so, what you suggest about it. thanks
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@Druin

i try some test about used rubi or emerald in weapon MH, this is base d3up when i change from rubi to emerald in MH weapons

Stat Diff % Old New

With the spec that I showcase in this guide, I HIGHLY recommend using an Emerald because the entire point is to do enough damage to just ONE of the monsters with EP on them. This generally requires critting that mob with WoL and that means CHD > average damage as long as your paperdoll goes up.

There is basically no argument for the effectiveness of a ruby over an Emerald for 2h weps.

For dual 1h weps users, a Ruby in the mainhand weapon and emerald in the offhand weapon will provide a much higher total damage bell and should always be used IMO.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 6/28/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow this built look awsome for monk, might get some 2hander to try it out
Reply Quote
Just geared my monk and followed this guide for skills. Running a skorn and I'm melting the whites in fom mp10 faster than my doc and much faster than my demon hunter who I stole the gear from.... now if monks had perms gloom too.....
Reply Quote
@Druin

Stat Diff % Old New

With the spec that I showcase in this guide, I HIGHLY recommend using an Emerald because the entire point is to do enough damage to just ONE of the monsters with EP on them. This generally requires critting that mob with WoL and that means CHD > average damage as long as your paperdoll goes up.

There is basically no argument for the effectiveness of a ruby over an Emerald for 2h weps.

For dual 1h weps users, a Ruby in the mainhand weapon and emerald in the offhand weapon will provide a much higher total damage bell and should always be used IMO.

hi Druin

yes, for 2h weps more powerfull with emerald, no question!!

I try for dual 1h weps but still emerlad win in the MH Weapons but need more test again for fix it. WOL so amazing damage like Barb's hammer, for hammer need weapon with almost the same average damage and high CD maybe WOL almost the same like hammer... still need more test again lol. thks Druin
Reply Quote
Hey Druin!

I checked your Video etc. and this Build rocks need a bit trainign for me but yeah.

I also have very crappy gear so that I can't do MP10 I think stuck arround 130k DPS so far =/

But as I checked your Profile you have such other Gear + Specc now so what you preffer us? Same like you use now or stuck at the Specc from Guide?

I allways try to buy gear that is simlar to your one just a bit lower due the lack of costs.

A item that fits you nearly cost arround 2 Bio >.<

So would be nice if you can tell me which spec is better right now? And if I maybe also should stuck at Cookie Builder with actual gear if I want farm MP10
Reply Quote
@Druin

Rubi in MH Weapon more strong than Emerald for used WOL.. you absolutly RIGHT :-P

BTW, do you see my SOJ WOL in My profile Monk? lol not great SOJ but nice :-D
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey Druin!

I checked your Video etc. and this Build rocks need a bit trainign for me but yeah.

I also have very crappy gear so that I can't do MP10 I think stuck arround 130k DPS so far =/

But as I checked your Profile you have such other Gear + Specc now so what you preffer us? Same like you use now or stuck at the Specc from Guide?

I allways try to buy gear that is simlar to your one just a bit lower due the lack of costs.

A item that fits you nearly cost arround 2 Bio >.<

So would be nice if you can tell me which spec is better right now? And if I maybe also should stuck at Cookie Builder with actual gear if I want farm MP10

Hey Raffi,

I am glad that you are enjoying the spec! :D

My current gear is 100% designed to farm MP7 Vault of the Assassin for Demonic Essences.
This is a very different goal than farming Fields of Misery for legendaries or xp and it requires different gear.

You can see my VotA setup here:
http://d3up.com/b/476188/pve-vota-mp5-6

@Druin

Rubi in MH Weapon more strong than Emerald for used WOL.. you absolutly RIGHT :-P

BTW, do you see my SOJ WOL in My profile Monk? lol not great SOJ but nice :-D

Yup, Ruby ftw! :D

Nice ring as well. I am searching for a 6/2.3/30/7 one ... but I think it will take a while to find!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link! Do you also have a Tipp for Elite Packs? They not die for any reason :X

And how many you Pull Max. because sometimes I have 6 Charger and yeah can'T interupt all because in the time when I try to interupt I can'T cast the EP or maybe I am just to nooby
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks a lot for this build guide, Druin. I had not played my monk in months (was p-leveling my barb) and I was getting a little bored with leveling my wizard, so I decided to come and see what kind of changes had occurred with monks. Didn't go crazy on the new gear I purchased and just moved some things from my wiz and barb over to save on cost for now, but even with what I'm working with now, I'm having a blast. It took some time to practice on running this build efficiently since I had not played my monk in so long, but now that I've got a handle on things, I'm just blasting through my usual Act 1 run in no time on MP9 (festering,fields,cemetary,Halls 2) and getting more legendaries per run than I ever did with my barb, which is impressive. I just had 7 drop the last run! Most weren't great, as per usual, but still.

Anyway, thanks again. Each class forum has their most respected members who put in a great deal of effort to help others enjoy the game, and you are obviously one of those on this board.
Reply Quote
I came late to the party - but i'm back in TR to get my way to pLvl100.

I just want to say good work on dedicating this to TianZi. I miss that guy, he taught me so much.
Reply Quote
I'm totally amazed by your thorough and very helpful guides. Haven't had the chance to watch all of them. I read the entire TR compendium and this guide. This play style is new to me and I was wondering about your keyboard and mouse buttons setup.

So you have your spirit gen on "1" and the bell on your left mouse button? How do your mechanics work? Do you point your arrow on a mob and click "1" multiple times? Do you use Shift while doing that?
Also, I have trouble placing 3 EPs on 3 different mobs. It takes a while to see if the mob was marked. Do you have some suggestions for me? I keep dying when trying to place the EPs and once I'm hitting the Bell button I'm often OOM.

If you explained the mechanics to total noobs like me before, you could also point me in that direction.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I'm totally amazed by your thorough and very helpful guides. Haven't had the chance to watch all of them. I read the entire TR compendium and this guide. This play style is new to me and I was wondering about your keyboard and mouse buttons setup.

So you have your spirit gen on "1" and the bell on your left mouse button? How do your mechanics work? Do you point your arrow on a mob and click "1" multiple times? Do you use Shift while doing that?
Also, I have trouble placing 3 EPs on 3 different mobs. It takes a while to see if the mob was marked. Do you have some suggestions for me? I keep dying when trying to place the EPs and once I'm hitting the Bell button I'm often OOM.

If you explained the mechanics to total noobs like me before, you could also point me in that direction.

Thanks again.

Hello there Pupsilein,

I am really glad you liked my guides! :D

I would be super happy to talk about my play mechanics because I am pretty aware they are definitely not the "norm."

So the very first thing that I think is important is I bind 1234 to qwer.
This is a fallout from playing years of LoL and I find qwer is a lot easier to manage than 1234.

I also bind "stand still and attack" to the spacebar as shift is extrmeely hard to hit at the same time as other buttons such as Q.

If space isn't an important button in your gameplay, you are losing 20% of your hand's functionality as your thumb is relatively useless for everything else.

I also have potion bound to 2 though I don't think that one matters much.

So you have three main questions:
1. FoT:Q bound to Q
This is my most "controversial" choice in keybinding and the one I am the most happy with.
My theory, and I argued like CRAZY this point with Gaps at one point, is that you should bind the skills that are most important to your build's success to your LMB.

FoT:Q is NOT this skill.

For all intents and purposes, FoT:Q is simply a "press me to gain spirit" button. It barely does any damage and I don't have a SW:C to proc. This causes me to de-prioritize it.

From a play-style perspective, I generally spam the Q button with my ring finger and intermittently tap the spacebar depending on whether the monster is moving around or not.

If I am in a large group, I will hold space, tap Q and target my mouse far away from monsters so I can "aim" the third hit of the combo to maximize its spirit/sec.

I move with TR bound to RMB most of the time so I rarely cast WoL when I don't mean to ... though that does happen and it sucks.

In the rare cases where I want to move but not left click (when there is TONS of loot on the ground) I will move via holding Q ... this is extremely awkward and I dislike it immensely.

2. WoL bound to LMB
This is my favorite personal touch as it so totally exemplifies the way I prefer to play D3. WoL is the most important skill on my bar and placing it EXACTLY where I need it to be is the key to my build.

I have said before and I still believe that one of the blessings of using a slow-2h build is that your skills, while more spread out, are more individually impactful. This means that missing one bell is devastating to my overall DPS and requires me to be spot-on with my WoL placement.

I ALWAYS "stand still attack" when casting WoL because it is simply better.

Another fun thing about using LMB with WoL is I can move with LMB then tap Spacebar to instantly cast WoL because LMB is already held down.

This isn't a common thing because I move with RMB-TR most of the time, but it feels good when it does come into play.

3. EP bound, in this case, to E
This is pretty normal. I have tried EP bound to LMB and it works fine for non WoL builds but because of the way EP functions, it is rarely a concern which monster you hit as long as it doesn't have EP on it already.

Which brings us to your main question. How to make sure EP doesn't re-apply to a target.

The easiest way to do this is to aim your mouse FAR outside the circle of monsters around you and then spin in a circle while casting EP with "stand still attack" held. This will cause you to cast EP on the farthest away possible mob in any given direction. This GREATLY reduces the "cast EP on mob directly in front of me = largest possible arc taken up by that mob" problem.

The farther a mob is from you when you cast EP, the less likely the next EP which should be x degrees to the right or left in a circle from that one will be the same monster. This is simply the way distance and arcs work. A mob at point blank is covering at least 90degrees of "target space" and large mobs can cover almost 180 degrees.

That same mob at max EP range is probably only covering 30 degrees and allows you to hit different targets more easily.

If this explanation didn't make sense, let me know because I am not entirely sure I conveyed what I meant to ... but I hope I did! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]