Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

View profile
Dr. are you in?

I watched your charity stream and it looked like you were using a variant with backlash, inner storm and quickening?

It worked great for me!!! The backlash keeps your health pretty much full and the EP and Bell wrecks the crowd!

I haven't done MP10 yet but MP8/9 was butter. One thing I noticed was that the mob sometimes die before I even got the bell off :) That made me think of how to maximize that inefficiency. Maybe empowered wave instead of wall of light; that may help control spirit too.

So I came here to read though and get some more info and insight and saw you noted strong spirit rather than flesh is weak. This indeed may be the key!

I'm rambling, as I type this I'm thinking empowered wave may help not "waste" any dps when dealing with trash, but it's really all about elite kills...so maybe not :)

I need to form more cohesive thoughts before typing, but by now I did all this typing so I may as well hit submit, lol...i'm an idiot.
Reply Quote
i tried this build, man so good.. i leveled from 98 to 99 in just 3 hrs on mp10
Reply Quote
I should be getting a new D3 account in the next few days. Though due to not having as much time to game now, as well as lack of gear, it'll probably be quite a while before I can compete with your numbers again >_<
Reply Quote
I should be getting a new D3 account in the next few days. Though due to not having as much time to game now, as well as lack of gear, it'll probably be quite a while before I can compete with your numbers again >_<

yaaaaaaaaaay! :D
Reply Quote
Hey Druin, I just made an mp10 TR Monk , With the standard TR build , quickening, TR, inner storm, overawe, blinding flash, empowered wave, etc.. But my passive are STI , Exalted, and Guardians Path

Im at 191,000 dps with 500ar and native armor at 4200, 51khp is that enough native armor to run fleet footed?
Reply Quote
I am trying to understand how to gear for this spec, I have been building a DW monk and playing the Nirvana build, typically I run at 170K DPS unbuffed, sadly <400AR, depending on which weapon I use in my offhand (either a Won Khim with no LS, or my Sword I am currently wearing with LS on it, I also have a Skorn with 5.2% LS which would work but I have read that with most TR builds you want less +AS? Do I need to drop AS from my gear to make this work? I am looking for a build that has a drastic increase to my movement speed and efficiency since all I want to do at the moment is Paragon level, however if I swap out my Nat's ring for Leoric's i lose a ton of crit (which some builds recommend running Leoric/Hellfire for the exp while leveling). I do have 4 piece Inna's if that is suggested as well, kinda confused as to what I should change gear wise prior to giving this an honest shot, I loved EP while leveling back in the day but when I stopped playing for a bit EP just wasn't as good as it is now and would like to go back to a spec using it if I can.
Reply Quote
^ You look alright for the build. Should try to get a new ammy with ave dmg / cc / cd / dex and a new offhand with high dex/high cd/ls/socket. These will up your bell dmg by a lot.

You want your bell to hit hard enough that it can pretty much one shot the palm-ed mobs once they are palmed and hit couple times. It's the best if you don't really have to hit them.

I've been trying out different gear set up for this and I'm almost at the point where once I get into the middle of the herd, palm 3 -> overawe -> wall of light -> boom -> full spirit -> DS to other packs.

Something like that.

Have fun man. This is a great build for plvling.
Reply Quote
^ You look alright for the build. Should try to get a new ammy with ave dmg / cc / cd / dex and a new offhand with high dex/high cd/ls/socket. These will up your bell dmg by a lot.

You want your bell to hit hard enough that it can pretty much one shot the palm-ed mobs once they are palmed and hit couple times. It's the best if you don't really have to hit them.

I've been trying out different gear set up for this and I'm almost at the point where once I get into the middle of the herd, palm 3 -> overawe -> wall of light -> boom -> full spirit -> DS to other packs.

Something like that.

Have fun man. This is a great build for plvling.

Thanks, I mean like I said I have Skorn so I could switch to two hander with TR, however I can't really afford a high dex/CD/LS/Socket offhand, not to mention they seem to be a commodity on the AH, finding something with all of those over 1k DPS is hard especially for swords/fists, and the 1 or 2 I see are 2 billion which I can't afford.

Been trying for a new Ammy/Gloves etc etc but crappy crafts is all, no luck on getting one I want.

The other issue I have is I was looking at doing the Tempest Rush route rather then the Dashing strike, but I guess if I can learn to use DS then it could work too for Dual Wield...
Edited by Archangel890#1858 on 8/1/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The DPS on the offhand does NOT affect the bell dmg, so you can literally get a stat stick offhand with 50 DPS and still do eff ton of bell dmg. So, that opens you up to cheap offhand territory on AH. You can get a pretty good one for literally 10mil gold.

If you like to go with Skorn set up, you should try to get a bell soj with pretty good spirit regen and Inna's helm with spirit regen.

Both are fine spec. All depends on the preference. :)
Reply Quote
Kim I already have a Bell SoJ but then I give up my Hellfire ring which would defeat the purpose of Paragon leveling lol, would be a lot slower. I have a few Inna's in my stash not sure if any have spirit regen sadly.
Reply Quote
Then, just buy a cheap offhand and go have fun with the build. :)
Reply Quote
What 3rd passive would you use instead of Guardians path for DW? OWE or Fleet footed?
Reply Quote
Everything about my build is listed in the description on my Youtube sample video in the original post.

But, this is the spec I used.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WdSeVk!ZbX!bbcbZa

I've been testing out Fire Storm instead of Cyclone, and I like Fire Storm a little better for this. But if you die with Fire Storm, use Cyclone.
Reply Quote
Yeah was at work, don't have access to youtube sadly haha, thanks. I will give it a try.
Reply Quote
Hey Druin;
If you try Backlash, you should also try snapshotting it before cast. Theres a lot of damage, sth like 400k per mini-aoe.
Reply Quote
Ok so i like the build but the fields keep killing me repeatedly, the stupid big beasts keep just destroying me when the group is big because they decide they can "charge" from point blank range...
Reply Quote
You can avoid getting hit with DS or TR.
Reply Quote
Easier said then done when you are in a massive group and can't even see the animation if they are charging
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Archangel890
Easier said then done when you are in a massive group and can't even see the animation if they are charging

It's easy for me. No reason for it to be harder for you.

You will get used to it and be better at avoiding it soon.
Reply Quote
If I am doing the 2H Build with Skorn, should my spirit be going down at all when using TR?
Edited by Archangel890#1858 on 8/1/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]