Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

~7500 Mobs/hour rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEDR7ZFfqg

-----

Running a no spirit generator EP/Bells spec. TR+DS for high mobility/positioning. High mobility is especially needed since I die easily with only 310k eHP if I don't run out of stuff. ~_~

Have only been playing the spec for like a day, so will probably be a while until I can really clean up the gameplay. I feel my skill must have dropped or something, I keep miss-targeting EPs now. Maybe still in the StarCraft mood, lol.

Someone else with better gear should try it, I'm losing lots of kills on mobs at like 5% HP because it isn't worth throwing another bell at them. Had to stack a ton of AR just to not die since my DPS is too low to give me enough sustain.

Oh yea, the rubberbanding is terrible, LOL. I think DS+TR rubberbands a lot more than just TR :(
Reply Quote
Fking AWESOME!

Love your style man.

Show us more!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KimSulki84-1308/hero/34056934

Just looked through my mules again and geared one up like yours. Gonna try out the build tonight. Looks fun! Never used the no generator build before. Super excited.
Reply Quote

Just looked through my mules again and geared one up like yours. Gonna try out the build tonight. Looks fun! Never used the no generator build before. Super excited.

Takes a bit to get used to having DS instead of a generator on Left-Mouse button, but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
Reply Quote
~7500 Mobs/hour rate.

-----

Running a no spirit generator EP/Bells spec. TR+DS for high mobility/positioning. High mobility is especially needed since I die easily with only 310k eHP if I don't run out of stuff. ~_~

Have only been playing the spec for like a day, so will probably be a while until I can really clean up the gameplay. I feel my skill must have dropped or something, I keep miss-targeting EPs now. Maybe still in the StarCraft mood, lol.

Someone else with better gear should try it, I'm losing lots of kills on mobs at like 5% HP because it isn't worth throwing another bell at them. Had to stack a ton of AR just to not die since my DPS is too low to give me enough sustain.

Oh yea, the rubberbanding is terrible, LOL. I think DS+TR rubberbands a lot more than just TR :(

Glad your back dude. This why you were sorely missed. Great stuff!
Reply Quote

Takes a bit to get used to having DS instead of a generator on Left-Mouse button, but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

Have to say thanks again. I practiced the build last night doing FoM runs myself.

It's awesome. Super fun. TR-ing @ 74% MS feels like I'm flying.

Still gotta get used to the playstyle and upgrade couple stuff to really make this work properly, but yes, I will get there soon! Thanks.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 09:56 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Have to say thanks again. I practiced the build last night doing FoM runs myself.

Glad you found some use from it. Making and testing builds is what's fun for me. It's my second visit to no-generator builds since the one(s) I used for Arreat Crater farming prior to 1.0.8.

If it wasn't for people like Druin making threads like these, I probably wouldn't have even gone to get a new account for a pretty long time anyways. Plus Cayzer gave me the sick Skorn, and gold to buy pretty much all the gear I'm wearing :P

-----

The only real drawback from the build is lack of ability to kill elites at MP10. Aside from that I really like it, though playing other specs afterwards really feels "slow". haha.
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 06:27 PMPosted by TianZi

Dude this play style is just Incredible man , love the video and the set up definitely going to give it a try.
Reply Quote
tried this build for a few days now and im loving it. haha
Reply Quote
Hi Druin,

Do you mind taking a look at my monk and give me some advise on how to improve my monk?

I am having some issue with sustain..probably first thing I should swap my helm ruby out for for life.
Will using SW-F better off?

Please ignore my build on my profile, as they are not updated. i am using ur guide's except using FOT-Q instead of CW-RT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
~7500 Mobs/hour rate.

-----

Can't believe I missed this video! So wonderfully done TianZi.

It is fantastic to have you back. Monkdom just isn't the same without you! :D

Which passives were you running to make that work? I really like the concept as TR+DS is something I have wanted to make work for quite some time.

I have been doing GP+FF+ES but I don't know if that would be enough spir/sec to sustain zero-gen. Also, were you using 4x Inna's?

Mind if I add your video to the main guide for people to look at? It is not the kind of amazing playstyle that deserves to be sitting on the 9th page imo. :P

Hi Druin,

Do you mind taking a look at my monk and give me some advise on how to improve my monk?

I am having some issue with sustain..probably first thing I should swap my helm ruby out for for life.

Please ignore my build on my profile, as they are not updated. i am using ur guide's except using FOT-Q instead of CW-RT

Hello Xander,

I am actually a bit surprised that you are having trouble surviving. Your gear looks fine, you have phys-res on at least one piece and 440 all-res and you are sporting double-LS.

My guess would be that you are not using MoE:Backlash as your aura? If this is the case, switch to MoE:Backlash until you feel reallllly comfortable with the build.

The only benefit that MoC:Overawe has over Backlash is the ability to kill elites. For now, due to the relatively medium quality of your gems and your need for xp, I think skipping elites is fine.

Just play the spec, get some paragon levels and you can eventually get a better ammy and some other upgrades (chest) and then, when you have ~550k eHP (according to D3Up) you should be able to tank MP10 FoM without MoE:Backlash and you can go back to killing elites if you want to.

Other than that, avoiding Cow charges is really the way to go! :D

Best of luck!
Reply Quote
NICE!
How do I subscribe to this thread?
Reply Quote
Seen a lot of SS EP monks lately... Was wondering why.

Very impressive DW build and it does pain me to say that to said monk.

Hey Druin,

if you get a moment could you list your PVP build?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Seen a lot of SS EP monks lately... Was wondering why.

Very impressive DW build and it does pain me to say that to said monk.

Hey Druin,

if you get a moment could you list your PVP build?

I am really glad to hear that EP:SS is catching on ... it is one of the best skills in the monk repertoire.

Because of the nature of PvP, I have very different setups depending on the class I am fighting.

For example, when fighting barbs, you need >24% movespeed because their shout snares you and having 36-48% movespeed will keep you are the 24% cap even when snared.
I also need FAR more dps when fighting barbs because of how tanky they are so I have to use my 2h wep and Inna's pants and such.

However, vs DH's I need the least DPS possible and simply stack eHP so that I can tank Impales.
Positioning is key in those fights and it all comes down to finally landing a single WoL for the kill.

You can see my general PvP setup here:
http://d3up.com/b/494165/druin-pvp-general

I am happy to list the specific changes I make in any given matchup if you have specific questions! :D
Reply Quote
I am happy to list the specific changes I make in any given match up if you have specific questions! :D[/quote]

Thanks boss. I bet that weapon does well in PVP. One of the few where LS may be viable as a return heal from kill.

Ahh, ya the generalized build is fairly close to mine. This is funny though, for all the crap I've given TR in my day, you're using DS:Q and I tend to go TR if there's more than one in game. No Root tho.

What are your thoughts on how this would change PVP:

Half the damage of Damage over Time Spells: (Rend + PB rule all from what I've seen)
Resource Shrines either always on or some other time of resource regen for melee classes:
(would allow more options at least, especially for us as far as passives)
Slightly Lower Crit Damage on Wave of Light ( I know.. Blaspheme! but I'm looking for balance.)
Make pets take 100% additional damage / Turrets can be broken/killed ?

When I played PVP I had no intention or assumption of enjoying it. By the end of the day I had spent 150m on new PVP gear. FR0G (wizard) convinced me to try, and p00ba *** name's off. Some WD with 4k LPS and 3k EHP helped me with gear.

Barbs are such a pain in the !@# to kill since they always run away.
Reply Quote

Hi Druin,

Hello Xander,

I am actually a bit surprised that you are having trouble surviving. Your gear looks fine, you have phys-res on at least one piece and 440 all-res and you are sporting double-LS.

My guess would be that you are not using MoE:Backlash as your aura? If this is the case, switch to MoE:Backlash until you feel reallllly comfortable with the build.

The only benefit that MoC:Overawe has over Backlash is the ability to kill elites. For now, due to the relatively medium quality of your gems and your need for xp, I think skipping elites is fine.

Just play the spec, get some paragon levels and you can eventually get a better ammy and some other upgrades (chest) and then, when you have ~550k eHP (according to D3Up) you should be able to tank MP10 FoM without MoE:Backlash and you can go back to killing elites if you want to.

Other than that, avoiding Cow charges is really the way to go! :D

Best of luck!

Hi Druin,

Thanks for your reponse. You are right, I am using MoC:Overawe as my aura. I will switch MoE:Backlash for now as what you have suggested. will focus on getting my paragon level up first. Thanks!

Kinda lost with upgrades. For chest piece replacement, what stats should I be more concern of? vit or all res? In your opinion should I stick to inna chest. If i change out of inna chest i am losing the melee reduction. is it worth to change rare chest/BT chest which gives me higher vit and all res?
Edited by Xander#1167 on 8/27/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can't believe I missed this video! So wonderfully done TianZi.

It is fantastic to have you back. Monkdom just isn't the same without you! :D

Which passives were you running to make that work? I really like the concept as TR+DS is something I have wanted to make work for quite some time.

I have been doing GP+FF+ES but I don't know if that would be enough spir/sec to sustain zero-gen. Also, were you using 4x Inna's?

Mind if I add your video to the main guide for people to look at? It is not the kind of amazing playstyle that deserves to be sitting on the 9th page imo. :P

I'm using all 3 spirit passives, and still using a 4p inna set as well. I also have less IAS than I used to run since I don't have the BOA trifecta gloves anymore.

And feel free to add it to the first page or wherever you like. Unfortunately I don't have the time to really write guides and stuff anymore lately, so I can't really share commentate my own builds or testing for now anyways ~_~
Reply Quote
With a 100m What MP can I do with a TR build?

What Equipment should I get replace?

Thanks
Reply Quote
when is the 200 mil exp per hour guide coming out? :)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/03/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Chinners
when is the 200 mil exp per hour guide coming out? :)

I do not like releasing content before I have had time to test it for leaks. While I have been able to steadily achieve >200m xp/hr, if I do not know the reasons why it is working, I will be unable to help anyone else get there.

Getting something to happen and knowing why it is happening are quite different! :D

So, for now, you will have to be patient and believe that I am working on it! <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]