Diablo® III

Of Guppies and Sharks

Please note, recruitment is over.

For those of you who didn't catch it, back in April we ran a Skorn v Dual Wield Challenge involving some of the legends of the game.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569389721#1

Part of my motivation in starting the Challenge was to educate myself, and hopefully the community, about gearing and skills choices in creating a Barbarian from scratch able to kill the MP10 Ubers in the fastest possible time, and learn from the best of the best.

In this conclusion to the series, and before we start further Challenges, I am hoping to see how much "Average Joe" players learnt, or can learn from the original Challenge and its discussions and gear choices.

Team Guppy (Dual Wield)
Eclipse
IAmOmegaRed
twil
JoaquinFDT
Reserver: Kamui

Team Sharks
Aleas
Kluno
Vyktoria
L1keaboss
Reserve: Leit

We need one more player for each team and so are asking for volunteers.

Entry requirements?
Actually, for these two spots I'd probably prefer players who are relatively new to the game and who are keen to learn from the experience. But really, open to anyone who didn't participate in the original challenge. Also, your computer must be powerful enough to handle the video recording software.

What is the Challenge?
Two teams will be given 1B each to gear their teams and then kill the Ubers in the fastest time. Rules will be as per the original challenge.

What you win?
The winning team gets to keep both gearsets.

Sooooo.... any volunteers?
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 6/20/2013 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Me! Me! Me! Me!

I volunteer PhatPhoEater too.

Gl with the challenge looking forward to it :)
Reply Quote
You too Noob :)
Reply Quote
I'll volunteer for team Sharks...
Reply Quote
View profile
Me! Me! Me! Me!

I volunteer PhatPhoEater too.

Gl with the challenge looking forward to it :)

Thanks for the involuntary volunteer. I don't know anything about the ah anymore other than building 1mil sets. Playing self found for the past month has me out of touch with mid tier prices, but I flipped a 15k ammy for 1mil. I feel so dirty.
Reply Quote
I would like to be part of team dolphin.
Reply Quote
Rooting for team DW. DW4Life !! :)
Reply Quote
say whaaaaat I wan play!
Reply Quote
I wonder if the DW team will be less embarassed this time around with their defeat. :P
Reply Quote
They will have to gear for HotA/rend this time around. I'm thinking 3 slots of IAS or even less might very well be the way to go.
Reply Quote
View profile
No disrespect, but if the DW team has players that actually play the game in it's current state, they will probably do better.
Reply Quote
I'm interested .. just came back from a extended break.. I am "fairly" new
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 04:43 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
No disrespect, but if the DW team has players that actually play the game in it's current state, they will probably do better.

No way jose.... ;)

But in all honesty, if they gear right for hota as silverfire said, then they might do better, but at this budget, skorn will take it again I believe. With a limitless budget, DW would have an advantage, unless Death comes out to play. Then it's everyone's guess.
Reply Quote
Good to see the rivalry begin already :)

But I think, if the Teams are going to be competitive, they will need the input of the more experiencesd players and I'm hoping that that will be the case, that all you gentlemen help provide support and knowledge.

@ Noobs

Thanks for your interest and keep putting your hand up. I might extend the teams if we have enough players.

@ Phat
Nice flip. We'll be having you sell "essences" soon :)
Reply Quote
View profile
I guess it took some time for people to visit this thread :D good to see new contestants :D
Reply Quote
I completed your first challenge its time for the next one. Sign tom george cruise up please.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I enjoyed the second part of DW/ Skorn Ubers competition :D
Reply Quote
I'm fairly new barb and I am keen to learn the mechanics DW & 2H and experience from such event. I just came back to the game 2 weeks back and lost track of the theory/mathcraft of the game.
Nothing to lose and of course at the end hope to keep the gear since i can't really afford anything in the game atm
Reply Quote
Thanks to everyone for signing up!!!!

Competition will begin at the end of next week and I'll let the final contestants know. In the mean time, keep your submissions coming and HAVE FUN :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]