90 Night Elf Druid
Is it addicting? balanced? challenging?
Reply Quote
there isnt' one pvp will come with 1.1 patch
We have brawling now and it's lackluster and unbalanced
Reply Quote

lackluster and unbalanced are a good way to describe it..

There isn't even a team system so it's just a free-for-all.

I think it is fun, but there are a lot of flaws and things that need adjusting. I'm very much looking forward to the patch where they focus on PVP.
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Elvaindel
Is it addicting? balanced? challenging?

Addicting - for a short time
Balanced - no
Challenging - only in some cases

Most match-ups between two randomly selected opponents results in a total one-sided match where one side CANNOT win against the other at all (usually due to gear differences). Some of the remaining match-ups yield a stalemate due to neither side being able to damage the other faster than they can regenerate life. Only a handful of matches get to the point where they are interesting to watch, where no one is expected to win 100% of the time. Unfortunately, this category of "fun" match is very rare and usually only occurs at the top level of play.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 6/7/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Iria nailed it. And another truism would be WD vs another class wouldn't (or highly rarely) be fun to watch without WDs foregoing some skills.
Reply Quote

It's very unlikely that this will happen. The patch 1.1 deadline was given before the pvp blog that said they're shelving TDM. It took them what, 3 years of development to design TDM? Now they're starting from scratch all over again. I would say real pvp won't come until at least the xpac.
Reply Quote
free for all
Reply Quote
They should add dark souls style PVP where u can invade other people if they allow it!
Reply Quote
In a general way, I find PvP very interesting. That's what made me keep playing D2 so long after beating the game some 30 times or more. The same happens now with D3. I have 6 lvl 60 chars, and that means I went through the entire game story at least 24 times (6 chars x 4 difficulty levels)! Farming is rarely rewarding, and therefore by now it is PvP what keeps me on. On the other hand, the present version of the game is very limited in that matter. There is only FFA (Free for all) and the classes are unbalanced. Only top geared chars have a chance and PvM builds are mostly bad or totally useless for PvP. For instance, my best PvM char is a double tornado Barb, that farms at MP10 without problems, but absolutely sucks ate PvP. For PvP, my DH is the only one really fun. I have a PvP barbs that still sucks and my Monk is getting better, but a well built and top equipped WD has no match in PvP (I have one, but very poorly equipped). I think Blizzard will have to do some investment here if they want the game to be a long term success as D1 and D2.
Edited by DerfelCadarn#1601 on 7/6/2013 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/06/2013 12:25 PMPosted by DerfelCadarn
In a general way, I find PvP very interesting. That's what made me keep playing D2 so long after beating the game some 30 times or more. The same happens now with D3. I have 6 lvl 60 chars, and that means I went through the entire game story at least 24 times (6 chars x 4 difficulty levels)! Farming is rarely rewarding, and therefore by now it is PvP what keeps me on. On the other hand, the present version of the game is very limited in that matter. There is only FFA (Free for all) and the classes are unbalanced. Only top geared chars have a chance and PvM builds are mostly bad or totally useless for PvP. For instance, my best PvM char is a double tornado Barb, that farms at MP10 without problems, but absolutely sucks ate PvP. For PvP, my DH is the only one really fun. I have a PvP barbs that still sucks and my Monk is getting better, but a well built and top equipped WD has no match in PvP (I have one, but very poorly equipped). I think Blizzard will have to do some investment here if they want the game to be a long term success as D1 and D2.

This. After you've maxed everything out and beat everything, it becomes redundant to play. Most people look forward to PVP.

I just hope Blizzard takes the time to look at some of these discussions :/
Reply Quote
PLEASE READ BLIZZARD.

PVP WILL ALWAYS BE THE ENDGAME IN ALL DIABLO SERIES PLEASE DONT END THAT WITH D3.

the pvp so far has great potential just please make a few changes like spectator mode, matchmaking, and team duels and i will b so happy
Reply Quote
it's fun and everything just unbalanced

start with balancing first

and than into team deathmatch

classes that needs to be heavy looked at barbarian and witch doctor

the rest are kinda on par with eachother
Reply Quote
Biggest wallet wins.
Reply Quote
there is no attribute sum standardization, i.e a total amount of stats you get that you then distribute . Hence it is pay 2 win
Reply Quote
cocky WD and DH snobs kite their cowards asses to victory.
Reply Quote
quote="94223247559"]They should add dark souls style PVP where u can invade other people if they allow it![/quote]

Its called the hostile button. D2 had it and the pvp was fun.
Edited by SlayerGrim#1967 on 11/29/2013 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 09:31 AMPosted by AceDan

lackluster and unbalanced are a good way to describe it..

There isn't even a team system so it's just a free-for-all.

I think it is fun, but there are a lot of flaws and things that need adjusting. I'm very much looking forward to the patch where they focus on PVP.

If they focus on PVP like they focused on everything else in D3, I pray to God that they don't. At least right now we have an unbalanced brawling system, it's better then nothing.
Edited by Jester#1853 on 11/30/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]