Diablo® III

S&B Gearing Guide

don't spend ANY gold just yet, save it for the next couple hours, im gonna watch some tv, then I'll do a d3rawr comparison with your gear and the gears I've changed with that 70m. which will both increase ehp & dps :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Tran, do you have a weapon for your set or was that part of the 70?
Reply Quote
yes I do sir wannabee,
it's currently on my monk as a MH ... was going to try something on my monk but didn't get the chance

sword
1240.6 dps
58 CD
OS
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 7/22/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Tran, the biggest hole I see is your low CC on your ammy. I like the vit but 6% CC and Int instead of strength really stands out. Craft or buy, but change this, you are giving up a lot of damage here.

Your rare ring, I found one on the AH: Brutal Faze currently bid is 2,333,363 with 17 Hours and 10 Min. Str 167 Vit 74 Attack Speed 9 Critical Chance 4.5 Arcane Resist 46. According to D3up
DPS: +4,348.91 EHP: +18,288.78 and this is just searching for 2 minutes. :)
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 7/23/2013 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Tran, are you still tracking that ring? Is it still within your budget? There was another one that was a smaller upgrade for you at 40 buyout.
Reply Quote
Hey Wannabee,
I'm at work right now and I just up my bid this morning .. don't think I'll get it but I'll let you know when I get home
40 mil? ... hmm a bit high for me ... my current ring is just 1 mil
no worries as I'm patient so I can just take my time to find upgrades

thanks for letting me know about my amy, the current one is just a place holder for now
the ammies that I bid for usual go for hundreds of mils the dps upgrade are 10K+ dps =) one day I’ll win one of those bid
I’m also collecting mats to craft strength amy now too … just have to pray to the RNG gods =)
Reply Quote
View profile
I hear that I can't craft anything good.....ever lol
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Wannabee808
I hear that I can't craft anything good.....ever lol

it's okay one day =) .. one day ..actually the amulet that I crafted is pretty good for my WD/Wiz so it's good
down 100 something odd ones before I actually got it but still good

so yeah outbid on that ring and a second ring that I also try to bid on .. the search continues
Reply Quote
View profile
Ahh that sucks, when I get home let me look through some older stuff and I might have a couple of upgrades for you. If the other guys havnt filled those slots already lol. Saw the other thread lol
Reply Quote
Excellent guide.

I used to tank when Helm of command was mandatory, and helped my friends run inferno Act III.
Then i ran the way of the Skorn, and noy, im want to use a shield again!

wut about my current gear?
Reply Quote
@Tango feel free to come ask question on this forum
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572657588?page=16
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/duende-6999/hero/21419897

Been getting back into the game but ive been stuck liek this for so long. Any ideas on what i should look into getting now

I have 9 mil
Reply Quote
I'd say rings. Crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, vit and str.
Reply Quote
This is my hc profile, but i guess it doesn't matter since s&b barb is going to be tanky anyway.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sang-1683/hero/35679441
I switched to s&b recently and i like it, but I'm a alittle low on the dps. Any advices for increasing more dmg without losing ehp? i want to do high mp ubers It's hard to find good items in hc, and they are so expensive lol
Reply Quote
I noticed something strange about my level 47 barb last night.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mentok1982-1212/hero/27823257

I am using a 660 DPS Spectrum sword that I found in Whimseyshire and in my other hand I had a mighty weapon with a Star Ruby in it that gave it over 105 DPS. Then I picked up the magic shield that you can see in my inventory. Even though it has less strength on it than the mighty weapon (53 to 31) the shield increased my DPS by over 3,000. What?!

This is my first barb that I have played this far so I am wondering if there is a hidden mechanic that increases a barb's damage when they equip a shield. Or is this a strange bug?

EDIT:
My Spectrum has always been in my main hand. All I did was switch my 1 handed mighty weapon for a magic shield.

EDIT 2:
I found an answer that makes sense. Forum search is my friend!

The reason you get higher dps is because of the large difference in the damage on your weapons. Your going from hitting with main then off then main then off so on and so on to hitting with only your main hand ( though animations do not show it this way).
Edited by mentok1982#1212 on 12/31/2013 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]