Diablo® III

Diablo 3 and WiiU

A quick question.
Does anyone know the reason why Diablo 3 is not going to be released on the WiiU? I see:

1. The WiiU can play the game just fine spec wise.
2. The WiiU has just been released, so no issues of a new console coming out anytime soon. So no worry for multiple versions of the game here.
3. There are a lot of other already released for PC games getting WiiU versions. So no reason why Diablo 3 can't do this here too.

I could think of a ton of reasons why DIablo 3 is not (as far as we know) going to be on the WiiU. Would anyone know why this is? Apart from the obvious often repeated comment that Nintendo can't do real games, have never played Mad World, Metroid Prime etc etc. That's not a reason, Nintendo can have those type of games if the opportunity is there for them.

I am just curious as to why this is.
Reply Quote
ur right theres no reason why they can't, but think about it, nintendo is a family friendly console maker. they dont really appeal to hardcore gamers unless they are into super mario and legend of zelda games. dont get me wrong, i love nintendo with all my heart. and while i can see it being on the WiiU, i dont think its gonna happen, not unless nintendo gets... i don't know grittier?
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Generaldeath
not unless nintendo gets... i don't know grittier?

Have you heard of these games:

Mad World
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Batman Arkham Origins
Fast and Furious Showdown
Resident Evil Revelations
Aliens: Colonial Marines
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders II
Mass Effect 3
ZombiU
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

All games released on the Wii or WiiU
Is that gritty enough for you?

Yes Nintendo has the family friendly console image. But the games I just listed prove Nintendo does have more mature rated games on it's modern consoles.

I for the most part agree with you. I don't see Diablo 3 coming to the WiiU ever. I just am trying to see what hurdles in theory Blizzard has to do if it was possible to have Diablo 3 on the WiiU. Maybe Nintendo itself if the hurdle. Where Blizzard might think not enough WiiU Diablo 3 sales or Nintendo's royalties or rules are too harsh maybe.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 6/6/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I'd love it on the WiiU and would buy it instantly, I think the gamepad would make for an amazing tool for the game.

But it prob comes down to development(porting) cost vs predicted sales. Which sucks cause I do think it would sell, WiiU is an awesome system it just needs game companies to show some faith and bring games out on it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I'd love it on the WiiU and would buy it instantly, I think the gamepad would make for an amazing tool for the game.

But it prob comes down to development(porting) cost vs predicted sales. Which sucks cause I do think it would sell, WiiU is an awesome system it just needs game companies to show some faith and bring games out on it.

+1
Reply Quote
Wii U or even Wii can probably run the game better than PS60 considering it lends itself well to point and click style of play.

As for why it's not coming to Nintendo, the reason is the same as why most developers have been ignoring Nintendo throughout the past 15 years. What that reason(s) is I don't know.
Reply Quote
Wii U or even Wii can probably run the game better than PS60 considering it lends itself well to point and click style of play.

As for why it's not coming to Nintendo, the reason is the same as why most developers have been ignoring Nintendo throughout the past 15 years. What that reason(s) is I don't know.

The reasons are that people for the most part don't buy 3rd party games on Wii, they don't really sell.

The WiiU install base is really low compared to PS3/360 so why bother putting all that effect in to another port to have poor sales?
Reply Quote
I also think the big issue is with nintendo. They are careful who they work with and its possible that they have seen the negative feedback about the game and decided its best to not even risk it.

Its also possible that the CEO of nintendo love Diablo 1 and 2 and because of blizzards stupid decisions to remove all d2 aspects the CEO just doesnt like blizzard anymore and plain said "NO".

The game is going to be on xbox360, xbox one, ps3, and ps4. I'm sure blizzard aimed at the WiiU as well but got turned down.

When people get mad at a game, or it needs lots of patches to be out of BETA. Nintendo wont bother using it. They probably realize that the game is no where complete so its not for there system. Right now nintendo is behind in console sales and more bad PR is not going to help. Nintendo doesnt release beta games.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 6/15/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's simple really and it all comes down to money.

Think about it, we've all heard that WiiU sales are less than par.

It has nothing to do with the system specs, nintendo's reputation etc...

Its money, Activision isn't going to waste development cost so 5 out of the 47 total WiiU owners can play D3.......unless they could somehow implement a real money auction house.
Reply Quote
As I recall when Starcraft ( which also included its expansions ) came out on the Nintendo 64 sales were EXTREMELY bad. Some Fiasco inbetween Blizzard and Nintendo about not supplying enough copies or not advertising or something like that. Either way I don't think they parted on good terms.
Reply Quote
If they released this on the Wii U I would buy it immediately!
Reply Quote
i forgot the wiiU was even out, honestly.
Reply Quote
Same... I read game mags and I never see wii U as supporting all the hot new games.. Feel bad for people who dropped hundreds on that lol

Got my wii when wii u came out, brand new 2 controllers and every game rated above an 8 cheap as hell and honestly I use the virtual console games more than all the disc games just sittin in my closet lol
Reply Quote
Wasn't the wiiu aimed more at hardcore gamers
Reply Quote
The first development problem is same console coop.

THe WiiU currently only supports 1 pad iirc. So other 3 people playing with the Wii motes and nunchucks could be awkward.

That for me from a design perspective wouldn't feel nice to play on.

A single pad would be fine but that's about it.
Reply Quote
There you are that guy that bought one.
Reply Quote
I would buy it on Wii U, i hope they do release it at some point.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

WiiU + Diablo = this would be what many homes would seem like with people walking by,
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
The first development problem is same console coop.

THe WiiU currently only supports 1 pad iirc. So other 3 people playing with the Wii motes and nunchucks could be awkward.

That for me from a design perspective wouldn't feel nice to play on.

A single pad would be fine but that's about it.

1 pad and 3 pro controllers. But i agree the wii motes and nunchucks would be awkward.
Reply Quote
I from Brazil and i have the Wii U console.
It would be perfect in the game using the Wii U touchscreen as inventory
I have three other friends who also is keen to see this happen, but unfortunately Blizzard is not interested in Nintendo platform.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]