So Marvel Heros is looking like a flop

$20 characters
start of the game everyone is mostly same 5 heros which ruins the experience
costumes cannot change based on gear
always in a party with people
sometimes joining dungens and is already half cleared out
costumes really expensive
pets really expensive

for me personally until the auto join party gets a patch to disable, i wount be playing it, i like exploreing to much to be in a party with people who rush through and kill everything
Reply Quote
err u can disable auto join party?

I have been playing MH taking a break from D3. David Brevik is still a loser ;)
Reply Quote
I must be in the wrong forums, I thought this was Diablo 3......
Reply Quote
It's a FREE to play game. Probably too early to call it a FLOP.

If you buy three characters at $60 ... plus a started one .. you have exactly ONE less than Diablo 3 .. with the opportunity to find more at drops.

Can you find more character classes in D3?

At least MH has common areas where people can hang together and be social .. unlike D3 where you have to blindly join a public game.

Since it is free to play .. worth a look at .. .I'm sure it will have some things better than D3 (like social aspects).. but other things D3 has it beat (like combat visuals).

For me .. it was just disappointing that the only "innovative" feature that D3 really tried was the AH (which is hated by a lot of people) .. and their other "features" are restrictive and step backwards compared to its predecessors.
Reply Quote
Everyone has been the same 5 heroes in D3 for a year. Is that really one of your top points?

Characters range from $6-20. You can leave party. It had pvp on day one.

Everything you can buy except stash space also drops for free.

F2P with a cash shop is an accepted business model that basically provides an extremely in-depth demo before you decide to pay for the game.
Edited by Kixx#1186 on 6/6/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPATRngPVA

This should be in http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/
Reply Quote
Everyone with a few brain cells could already see that in Beta, its a cheap f2p game and i doubt anyone seriously expected a good game lol
Reply Quote
I like how alive the world feels in the common areas. Event bosses are quite fun. It does feel like an MMO, which is nice for the most part. Not a fan of the random partying, but it's not that terrible.

Some animations feel a bit stiff, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. It's also cool how you get to upgrade your vendors for better inventories and how the crafting guy allows you to improve your gear. It's a great item sink that doesn't feel worthless like D3's blacksmith. The graphics aren't spectacular, but they actually work with the comic book style, for the most part. Environments are nice too, even though sometimes they feel a bit empty. The music is really good.

I have no problem with paying for extra heroes. I mean, it's not like D3, where people pay for their gear (aka the game's carrot on a stick). It's something anyone could expect from a F2P game anyways. Some people around here seem to forget they also have to pay the bills.

The game's a bit buggy though. The sound bug where the ticking of the loading screen persists after the loading screen is done is quite annoying, as well as enemies popping randomly out of nowhere. It should be fixed soon, anyways. The physics are a bit funny sometimes. I've been playing hawkeye, and it's a bit odd to see a guy flying around just by getting hit by a single arrow lol. Technically speaking, D3 is still a lot better, but MH game seems to have a lot more content to keep players busy, which is a great thing.
Reply Quote
The thing that makes me upset with the game the most is the fact that the open world where you encounter other players is the direction Brevik would have taken D3. D3 would have been 1000x times better with that vision and Blizz's resources.
Reply Quote
I don't enjoy co-op aspect of the game, pure chaotic for pug.
Reply Quote
lol superheroes...
Reply Quote
I purchase the UP and having fun dressing the classic heroes from the 60s-70s Heheh.

Fun game to kill time when I'm bored of D3.
Reply Quote
Yeah same, I'm having a good time in it. I just can't bear to grind the same spots in D3 anymore so it's nice to have something else to do while we wait for itemization/exp pack. At the speed blizz moves it's going to be a long while yet
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Kixx
It had pvp on day one.

say it there
Reply Quote
i play it for pvp
Reply Quote
err u can disable auto join party?

You can. It takes 2 brain cells and 5 seconds to find the option (though it really should be turned off by default, to be honest...given the number of idiots, like the OP, that can't find the option if their superhero tights depended on it).
Reply Quote
Played it for about 6 hours then uninstalled.

Its incredibly boring. The skills are bland the enemies have no variety other then the bosses (even the Champion and Elite packs don't feel any different then the trash mobs, just more health).

The Event bosses are beyond boring since they're so easy.

On top of that the DLC is overpriced as hell. $700 worth of pay content on day 1. It feels like its all just a cheep cash-grab for fans of Marvel Comics.

Playing it actually gave me the idea to go back an reinstall Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/05
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPATRngPVA

Then again (per the video), sometimes it feels like Blizzard fans are the ones waiting to be let into the club outside...just insert either launch week issues joke or waiting for good gear to drop joke, either one works.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Zuzax
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/05

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]