Diablo® III

So Marvel Heros is looking like a flop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDa_Gm4X3nQ

i'm afraid i have to agree with everyone else after trying for an hour. the game is complete garbage.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPATRngPVA

Then again (per the video), sometimes it feels like Blizzard fans are the ones waiting to be let into the club outside...just insert either launch week issues joke or waiting for good gear to drop joke, either one works.

That video was made by someone who left Diablo 3. Try again.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 10:48 AMPosted by LastCrusader
It's a FREE to play game.

None of the F2P games are truly free, as you know. Most nickle and dime you to death, but it sounds like MH is killing you with twenties. I bet most game companies end up making loads more money once they go "free to play" than they did using a subscription only model because people love to impulse show, especially digitally. Not to mention the people who stay subscription only AND buy from the e-store.
Reply Quote
I'll just leave you with this quote that summarizes the game industry as a whole because it's so very true.

“I think most game designers really just suck” -Richard Garriot
Reply Quote
The fact that you can pay for permanent account buffs (for a ridiculous amount of money) really turned me off the game. It's just so full of app-style 'freemium' cash grab mechanics that it's sickening.

Otherwise it was fun albeit lacking a lot of polish.
Reply Quote
Free to play should not mean bend me over backwards imo. I like league of legends because mostly your just buying cosmetic stuff like skins. Having to buy heros though is incredibly stupid and imo they would make more money not selling hero's and instead selling skins as more people would play.

Only reason I write this is I hope someone working on hearthstone is listening :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I tried it... Well.. It is buggy, and lacks the character RPG feel? Maybe becuse it's not a fantasy setting? Something about smashing cars and seeing buildings reminds me of the old Teenage mutant ninja turtles arcade game.. :/ lol
Reply Quote
Well that's a joy, I was getting tired of the poe threads, I guess it is MH from now on?
^You are so funny.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 6/6/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
welcome to free to play
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/

This post belongs here

/Lock Thread /Move Thread i dont care..

LEARN HOW TO USE A FORUM then post a thread.
TY
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Isolation
welcome to free to play

DotA 2 is not like that :)

You have every hero that is in the game from the get-go. You also have a chance to get any item that has value too (like mythical items) and none of the items impact the game itself. So everything is pretty much cosmetic (if you disregard tournament tickets)

Not sure how ESO will be either--they cannot get away with the typical F2P shenanigans so it may be one of the more truly F2P games upon release.
Reply Quote
Having played the game myself, I would say it isn't a flop, just the F2P pricing model is fairly off, and the incentive to purchase is so high it's laughable (in reference to stash, mainly).

The game itself is kinda fun, but it doesn't have that "Sit down and play for 12 hours straight" appeal that Diablo II (and Diablo III had for the first week--if you were able to play that is) did.

I'm not sure how long I'll play that game, honestly. I started with Thing and he's fun enough... kinda dull though. Tried Scarlett Witch and she's...kinda shoddy. But she's only level 2, so that's an unfair judgement.
Reply Quote
$20 characters
start of the game everyone is mostly same 5 heros which ruins the experience

You can find more heroes in the game from completing stuff and also as drops - free but takes time.

06/06/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Madrox
costumes cannot change based on gear

Costume are also drops and you can find them - also is free and takes time.

always in a party with people

Option to turn off auto party - it takes intelligence to look through options.

sometimes joining dungens and is already half cleared out

Join your own group and stick together - again turn off auto join

costumes really expensive

Yet they can drop and thus are free.

pets really expensive

Not sure if they can drop.
Reply Quote
The marketing department for MH is retarded, that's for sure. They turned everyone off to it.

Game isn't that great either.
Reply Quote
The marketing department for MH is retarded, that's for sure. They turned everyone off to it.

Game isn't that great either.

I agree on both points. I feel like the overpriced everything far too much and as for the game the look of it is a bit bland.
Reply Quote

pets really expensive

Not sure if they can drop.

They are available in a bit of a roundabout way - Daily Missions drop a Cube Shard the first time you do them in a 24 hour period, and if you don't want to vendor them for the 500 credits apiece you can turn batches of them in (two quests that require 3 then 5, after that it's 10 at a time) for Fortune Cards.

Fortune Cards can give a number of things - more often will get Exp/Item Rarity boost potions, retcon potions, or a straight buff to XP or Item Rarity find for a while - but they can drop a random pet among their other options.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Keiser
I must be in the wrong forums, I thought this was Diablo 3......

You must be. Because this forum on the D3 forums is for non-D3 topics.
Reply Quote
If by a flop you mean better than every other ARPG available atm then yes, it's the worst game ever made. That's still including all the QOL things it lacks, and performance issues it suffers from this early after release too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]