Diablo® III

what are the rules playing self found gear?

i will play a self found DH after reaching plvl 100 soon.
Reply Quote
No real rules other than your own really. But in general:
- No auction house.
- No using gold that has been farmed by your non-self found characters.
- No trading - debatable. Any trading with other self-found players in my opinion is group found not self found.
- Crafting is generally allowed as long as you found the mats on your self-found character.
- Playing with other non-self found players is also debatable as it ruins the challenge by getting carried by geared players.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Hollywood
Isn't the point of self found to do it from level 1, for the challenge? Not after you hit p100? If I played self found, I found never even hit 60 haha

Obviously he's not playing self found on the Paragon 100, that's just stupid. I'm pretty sure he will level another character from scratch.
Reply Quote
Well if you go the complete purist route you need to keep track of how much gold you are picking up and not use the AH and make sure to not craft more than you can afford based on the gold you pick up..keeping track of gold was tedious for me though when I tried an MP10 self found thing with a wizzy and died to that first boss in Act 4 with the shadow crawler things at level 33.

I would say just craft based on materials you find yourself and keep a tab in your stash for that character only and don't use the AH.
Reply Quote
Yup, I'm an idiot and didn't read the original post right

06/06/2013 07:26 PMPosted by KillFrenzy
Obviously he's not playing self found on the Paragon 100, that's just stupid. I'm pretty sure he will level another character from scratch
Reply Quote
what i meant is that after my plvl 100, i start a new character (DH) from beganning and do a self found.
Edited by DarkRanger#1663 on 6/6/2013 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The rule is to play in the way that gives you the most fun. glhf
Reply Quote
The first rule of self found is...don't talk about self found.
The second rule of self found is Don't Talk About self Found!

I just don't use the AH and No trades, crafting is a must. I started my HC guys this way but it is starting to get irritating not finding upgrades..
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You've probably got a good idea of how you're going to play your self found character already, but here's my personal rule set. I don't keep track of how much gold the character has because I'm lazy about it, so I don't restrict gold use.

• No Auction House
  • Self found party trades are O.K.
  • No vendor items
  • Crafting is ok, but only use self found materials
Reply Quote
they should implement a self-found mode already.. travis's reason not to "it will complicate the game for people" is not really a good enough reason not to.. more options is always good it will add something new that people can compare each other against.. think about it.. you could have:
- softcore regular
- softcore self-found
- hardcore regular
- hardcore self-found

adds two separate styles of play for minimal work on the dev side immediately.. easier than itemization.. easier than new acts.. easier than pvp..
Reply Quote
I played on a self-found DH, but it died from DC. Here were my rules
-No AH, except gems, plans, and crafting materials
-No trading with anyone
06/06/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Grimiku
No vendor items

lmao

That sums it up
Reply Quote
@OP

If you truely want to play self found you should start a new account on the EU server. I did that and have strictly self found characters there. You can add me if you'd like. Always looking for more self found players. I am on that account at least 3-4 hours a week roughly. Currently still in normal mode with 3 characters, barb, dh, and wiz.

I did that so I would have absolutely zero gold upon start. Yes, it would be extremely hard to keep track of gold etc. if you mixed it up with your current account.
Reply Quote
I'd classify self found as you can only get items from monsters, artisans and vendors.
Basically: no trading with other players.
Edited by Xarx#2516 on 6/6/2013 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
not a bad idea, open in EU server! does it get laggy if i from the US?
Reply Quote
You've probably got a good idea of how you're going to play your self found character already, but here's my personal rule set. I don't keep track of how much gold the character has because I'm lazy about it, so I don't restrict gold use.

• No Auction House
  • No vendor items

Thank you for ur input grimiku, i will try it out.
Reply Quote

• No Auction House
  • No vendor items

I have a self-found char I play with one rl friend, we get maybe 5 hours a week on them.

Except we play:

No AH.
No Crafting.
Vendors are okay.
Trading between ourselves is okay.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 11:55 PMPosted by DarkRanger
not a bad idea, open in EU server! does it get laggy if i from the US?

I don't notice a difference
Reply Quote

• No Auction House
  • No vendor items

Really? No vendor?

I understand that one, but I'd go with no personal crafting before I'd go vendor... essentially, self-found to me, is anything I could get in a single-player game, were D3 not online and I had no shared stash (Vendors, crafting, and the such are all legitimate in my book - No AH, obviously, and trading with other self-found players is just a matter of what you consider 'pure-self-found' and just how pure you want to be about it)
Reply Quote
I can see "No vendor" and "No crafting" in a normal MP0 self found game, but not in an MP10 game.

If you don't craft in MP10, you'll die quickly... meaning before you reach level 40.

"No vendor" in MP10 is moot as it becomes obsolete within 15 minutes of starting a new character. Same with monster drops. If you don't craft, you die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]