Diablo® III

Instead of reduce damage why don't you....

Make a limit of maximum damage on PVP ?
Like every hit wouldn't make over 20k damage ?

One shot kill in PVP is so easy and there's no fun to die without playing...
Reply Quote
That wouldn't work. Some skills kill by doing damage with a ton of little hits instead of one or two large hits. For example: Rend, Haunt, Rapid Fire, etc. would ignore this maximum damage threshold since they do many little hits for damage; whereas, Hammer of the Ancients and Wave of Light would be severely restricted.

If you are getting one shot in PVP, you need to consider your equipment choices. Using normal PVE gear in PVP usually leads to bad results and dying in one or two hits. For PVP, classes generally need near or over 100,000 life with solid resistances and armor. Of course this comes at the cost of less DPS, but survival is more important than all out offense. Also, some stats are generally useless in PVP and can be replaced with EHP stats.

Useless or less important PVP stats include: Pick-up Radius, Life Steal, Life on Hit, Attack Speed, and Thorns. Useful or more important under-appreciated PVP stats include: Physical Resistance, Health Globe/Potion Bonus, Movement Speed, Life Regeneration (and resource regenerating or max resource), Elite/Ranged Defense, Elite Damage Bonus, and extra Dexterity (for Barb, WD, Wiz).

Of course, PVP stats should always contain: Vitality, All Resistance, and Armor as the core defense parameters and Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, and Average Damage as the core offense parameters. Depending on the class, a shield is also a useful option.
Reply Quote
I can have 150k life and good res, max reduction from elite, but I can die on one shot too
Reply Quote
Make a limit of maximum damage on PVP ?
Like every hit wouldn't make over 20k damage ?

One shot kill in PVP is so easy and there's no fun to die without playing...

Great idea. In fact in Diablo 2 the damage cap was set to 7,750,000 and if your damage went above it you did 0.

Of course, 20k is a dumb estimation. To correct it, I would set 17,750,000dps as maximum damage cap.

Don't fail at life please.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Peyman
I can have 150k life and good res, max reduction from elite, but I can die on one shot too

Great! I wish every shot was like that so PVP would actually work...
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Peyman

I doubt what you said here is correct, or you have a very different definition of "good" res...plus, what is the max. DR from elites you got?
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Avogato

I doubt what you said here is correct, or you have a very different definition of "good" res...plus, what is the max. DR from elites you got?

he's 1 hit kill from 7 side, I had 230k life and got to 15% life in 1 sss
Reply Quote
Boosting Holy Resist should help against SSS. Current stats for a "chance" at not getting 1shot by SSS is near 12k armor, 90k life, 1100 Holy Resist. It's a bit difficult to test since some skorns have such a large range of wep dmg inflicted. My skorn ranges from 1162 - 1538 black wep dmg. If a monk's SSS swings at 1538+ with 475+% crit damage and at the same time the hit gets through your block %, pow pow gg.

Increase to a whole lot more hp to adjust. I've experienced many high dps monks that 1-shot a whole lot of others, and not have enough ehp to survive a 44k dps rend.
Reply Quote

he's 1 hit kill from 7 side, I had 230k life and got to 15% life in 1 sss

anyways, my definition of good res is over 1100+ AR.

Plus, it is always important to look at the EHP and Damage Reduction, and life to me seems a very vague definition of tanky-ness. I used to have 220k life, but that was not enough to counter monk. They were the days when I was very fresh to PvP. I was not as tanky as what I am now with only 130k life.

When I stack more dodge (25%) and block rate against monk, I find that it's more effective against them and makes them have a very hard fight. You can effectively reduce the chance of getting hit with high dodge.

Block is good because it blocks out a lot of SSS damage that has been reduced through your armour, resist, damage absorption rune, DR from ranged attacks and DR from elites. The only thing that hurts you is when you fail to dodge and fail to block. That's really a lot of damage, but obstacles in the game are worth time testing around and can completely avoid their SSS (at least a few hits).

So dodge, block, obstacles are general ideas. For my character WD,

I get 1200 AR, 11.64% DR from ranged attacks, 24.4% DR from elites (6% from chest, 7% from boots, 7% BT set bonus, 7% from Litany), and use zombie dogs (life link - 10% damage absorbed), and horrify (frightening aspect - with 11000+ armour), to play monk. That way monk couldn't one-shot me, and easily allowed me to survive through the fight and counter.
Edited by Avogato#1976 on 6/7/2013 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]