Diablo® III

Hit the 250K dps, how did I do?

So I built this barb in a day, and I broke the 250K dps for just about 1b, how did I do? anything I should change?
Edited by Winky#1867 on 6/10/2013 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you could have done better if you weren't chasing sheet dps. You're 4% ias away from hitting the next breakpoint on both your weapons despite not using an SOJ and your EHP is rather weak.
Reply Quote
^ agree with Bugs
Reply Quote
Did u get ALL those pieces (but the Hellfire and shoulder) for 1b? Not bad i must say. But im with the group:
06/10/2013 07:14 AMPosted by FrontSquats
^ agree with Bugs

Your AR is low, 450 ~ 500 it´s a confortable amount

Try getting a nice SOJ, it´s really important for Elite Packs. U don´t NEEEEEED it on you 100% of the time, but it´s nice to switch it whenever u see a pack.
Reply Quote
I think u did a great job im assuming your budget was 300m or less? if you spent more than that, than I think you could've done better. nice andys helm btw.

im having the same issue with my health aswell mines a lil low but I rarely die anyways, I still use impunity in my build despite the loss off dps
Edited by Kritt#1837 on 6/10/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You REALLY need a new helm with a socket and a & life gem (your eHP is WAY low) from there you have a solid farming machine.
Reply Quote
View profile
Did u get ALL those pieces (but the Hellfire and shoulder) for 1b? Not bad i must say. But im with the group:
^ agree with Bugs

Your AR is low, 450 ~ 500 it´s a confortable amount

Try getting a nice SOJ, it´s really important for Elite Packs. U don´t NEEEEEED it on you 100% of the time, but it´s nice to switch it whenever u see a pack.

how much dps do you realistically need to clear mp10 trash? I think it's funny that people try to build 1bil sets just to clear trash.
Reply Quote
how much dps do you realistically need to clear mp10 trash? I think it's funny that people try to build 1bil sets just to clear trash.

Can´t say for sure. To be efficient i'd say around 180k~200k

btw, funny that u have 101.028 elite kills and didn´t kill Diablo on Inferno! lol
Reply Quote
Yes, I agree with the others. My suggestion to help with your health and all resist would be start crafting Vitality shoulders. You can still get a good strength roll and you will not lose that much DPS. These shoulders will give you a good amount of vitality (250+) and also look for high all resist.

I understand the Echoing Fury looks like a great choice, but they're terrible without some type of cold damage. A lot of people do not mention this because they have the money for cold SOJ's, but you can purchase a cold damage sword which will slightly help. I have tested this with several budget build barbarians who already have a EF and it works great.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
So I should get a mempo, and vile wards for now.. and 24% movment? I would have to get rid of my IK chest and get a tyreals. I do have a low 700 DPS dagger.
Reply Quote
For a WW barb you really need to understand the required breakpoints and which breakpoint to aim for. At the moment, you are 4% IAS away from another breakpoint. You are also on 12% movement speed, you should be going for 24%. So you should work on those.

For a quick fix:
- Get a mempo, the all resist and available socket will boost your EHP quite a bit
- For IAS you could switch your pants to a high vit inna’s, or vit/all resist inna’s, that way you could gain the 24% movement speed and also the required IAS for the next breakpoint.

From here, you can then tweak around your gears to maximize your crit chance, crit damage, and EHP. Also, try to slot in a cold soj in there, it will help greatly with the fear on your MH. Try to aim for at least 700,000 EHP with at least 50k-55k life.
Reply Quote
By the way, you could actually achieve the next breakpoint with 4 slots of IAS, that should be your target, maximizing your gear so that you could get to the breakpoint with the least possible amount of IAS slots.

Also, do not look at sheet DPS, sheet DPS is irrelevant to a WW barb. Use d3up or d3rwar to check tDPS and EHP. My barb has less sheet DPS to yours, but higher tDPS compared to yours.
Reply Quote
So 4 slots of 9 ias?
Reply Quote
View profile
By the way, you could actually achieve the next breakpoint with 4 slots of IAS, that should be your target, maximizing your gear so that you could get to the breakpoint with the least possible amount of IAS slots.

Also, do not look at sheet DPS, sheet DPS is irrelevant to a WW barb. Use d3up or d3rwar to check tDPS and EHP. My barb has less sheet DPS to yours, but higher tDPS compared to yours.

Smart.
Reply Quote
So I bought a SOJ 5% cold 29% elite and 9% bash for 30m.. I hope it was a good buy lol.... but now I'm looking at inna's and I cant get AR and vit at the sametime, onlything AR seems to come with is Dex. So should i get an AR one with 9% IAS, and just put vit gems in them? and how much should i spend for a decent pair.
Reply Quote
Get inna pant with 9 ias and 160+ vit and socket them with ruby. That would give you enough ias to hit your breakpoint and not need the ias unity. I would actually consider looking for a decent IK glove with str, vit and cd to get the 2 pc IK bonus.
Reply Quote
So then get a CD,CC ring to replace the unity.
Reply Quote
its bad you have a high fear EF on MH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]