Diablo® III

Queenslanderrrrrr!!!!!

Seems pretty quiet in here. Wheres all the smack talk now :p

I actually though QLD was going to win in the end. Seen it too many times. That slater! He just needs to be taken out. And nate myles is a dirty player, doesnt excuse gallens reaction though one bit.
Looking forward to the 2nd game
Reply Quote
NSW : 14 QLD :6

=OOOOOOOOOO
Reply Quote
Mixed emotions.....
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I'll give it to ya's, NSW played a way better game. Qld just didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had.

cya in game 2 boys and girls!
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 05:20 AMPosted by WAZZ
And nate myles is a dirty player

Doesn't he call Hoppowate (forget how his name was spelt - used to play for Manly) "master"
Reply Quote
I lol'd.
Reply Quote
I thought we were going to come back in the end too. But no, NSW played much better in the first half, we didn't turn up.

I thought Gallen called Hopoate "Honey" :)

See u guys up here in Game 2 :)
Reply Quote
OK, I'll bite!

1) Well done. NSW deserved the win and played better than us (QLD)
2) **** the Refs! There were some ridiculously terrible calls!

How was Gallen not sent off? Stoopid trailer trash of a man, AND useless ref! (Though I was also upset that the fisty cuffs didn't blow out some more...)

First try off an incorrectly "ref called" knock on... Tate missed ball (moron) so it was not a knock on... Just sayin... :)

Then there was that other big galoof, his name escapes me for the moment, that dropped the shoulder in a tackle on Billy Slater at the end. Sorry, you tackle someone once and drop the shoulder... allowed... but get up and then drop the shoulder again on an already tackled man... and that is a penalty.

However, in the end, even though NSW had the refs on their side, QLD still didn't play well enough to deserve a win either... :(

Game 2 now!
Reply Quote
Re: gallen being sent off/sin binned. Def should not have been. Theres been so many fights in origin footy where no-one has been binned. Its origin, its a high intensity where everyone is pumped and playing 110%. If they start binning everyone over a couple punches in origin then it will lose its feel. Everyone expects a little biff.
The only real bad ref calls (or lack of) i noticed were the hits on slater. He was taken out a fair bit in back play. NSW were really lucky in that aspect
Reply Quote
Wazz - definitely right Origin wouldn't be Origin without biff - ever since Wally went in

Origin is the one opportunity that league players get to biff another player without much of a consequence - might even be a team mate in the every day season that just "happens" to be the opposition for the night... forget counselling to speak how you "feel" - eat knuckles!!!!
Reply Quote
That Wally v MG fight was immortal :). I think Gallen is a bit of a Wally of another kind though :)
Reply Quote
I find it distasteful saying the biff is a part of Origin given what has happened on the streets in recent times. Innocent people on the end of king hits and either ending up in hospital or dying. Often these assaults are unprovoked.

The sports field is apparently a special zone where you can legally punch someone in the face and not end up in jail.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 6/5/2013 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree and disagree. Everyone loves a biff as it gets the crowd roaring even more for their team. It might even start a fisty cuff at home with our mates while watching, in some situations. :)

However, the the rules for the game aren't "full contact rugby and open licence for MMA fighting". (Now that would be interesting). The reason fights pump you up is because they are stupid and NOT allowed. If they were allowed, we'd watch 20 men bash each other for 10 minutes (let's face it, they wouldn't last 80 minutes) and call it a day. :)

The fact is, if you're gonna throw a punch, you should make it a good one because it's highly likely you'll be sent off and be banned for 2-4 games.

Another fact is fights are usually in the heat of the moment. "His arm hit my head.. he did it intentionally.. so I retaliated...".

In Gallen's case, his flailing arm hit Myles, AND he initiated the punches as well. To me, that's instant sin bin...

In any case, if you read the news today, you'll see that Gallen is only going to miss ONE NRL game (if he takes the early plea), or two if he contests it and loses.

END RESULT = In origin, beat the **** out of anyone you want.... you'll only be banned for a couple of games.
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Hypersonic
I find it distasteful saying the biff is a part of Origin given what has happened on the streets in recent times. Innocent people on the end of king hits and either ending up in hospital or dying. Often these assaults are unprovoked.

I am not a violent person myself (excluding what Hell has coming from my toons), but I was merely agreeing with what Wazz stated and unfortunately biff is a part of Origin - you name a series where it hasn't happened? It does get the crowd in a frenzy - which I suppose what the atmosphere of the origins feeds on. In some series I would almost go so far as to say they are staged for that purpose.

Violence on the streets and king hits - i do not agree with - particulary unprovoked attacks.

*sigh* Now if you will excuse me - work awaits... then hell when I get home :)
Reply Quote
QLD 26
NSW 6

:-)
Reply Quote
Predictable win by Queensland. Match is in Brisbane, NSW lose 2 quality backs, QLD under pressure. It was simply a matter of how much they win by. I tipped QLD by 14. Maybe Kevin Rudd serving his ice-cold dessert to Julia Gillard had a knock-on effect.

Refs sin-binning 4 players - how the hell did Bird, Tate and Hodges get 10 when all they did were pushing and shoving?

Scoreline should have been more like 36-0 the way QLD were playing.

Nathan Merritt had a shocker. Like a rabbit to a 4WD tyre. No wonder why he never gets picked for NSW.

NSW halves got owned. I've said it time and again, Mitchell Pearce will hand QLD a series win.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 6/26/2013 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I say bring carney back to origin. As much as i hate hayne, he needs to come back to the squad just so merritt can be pissed off. Learn to stay on your wing.
I think there were a few bad calls both ways.

Not taking anything away from QLD though, they played brilliantly and deserved that win. Hope NSW has their strongest side ready for game 3. They'll need it
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile

Refs sin-binning 4 players - how the hell did Bird, Tate and Hodges get 10 when all they did were pushing and shoving?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was weird. The whole thing was blown up into more than it was.

I don't really know individual players well enough as I don't follow it close enough. I just go off which team as a whole played better and QLD by far played better tonight. NSW should have been expecting a hard game and they just seemed abit lacking.

Game 3 is going to be epic that's for sure.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 05:38 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Like a rabbit to a 4WD tyre

gold
Reply Quote
Yep! QLD came out firing last night. Similar to NSW in game 1.

Pretty sure the 4-player binning was just to keep the teams even. Very odd though as normally just the instigator(s) is sent off.

I must say... all the players were playing dirty. Dirty tackling.. the old "double movement" tackle where you tackle someone... stop moving... then somehow your arm is moving again to swing into your opponents head! lol

Bring on game 3! QLD have a terrible record in Sydney, so hopefully we come out firing like we did in Game 2!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]