Diablo® III

[video] MP10 VOTA RF 2H 1.08 500k DPS BBQ

http://youtu.be/6O5Mu8FJ4zg

345k unbuffed DPS : http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/impreza-2701/Impreza/18930023

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Impreza-2701/hero/18930023

9 elite packs in 9 minutes. Couldn't get lucky with 10 or more. Killed some trash along the way.
Edited by Impreza#2701 on 6/9/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey impreza nice build i watch a lot of your vids

Is this your general farming build? Ie do you usually run without a generator?

I tried that and it didnt work for me because of all things i was stopped by the doors...it was costing too much hatred to channel just to knock down doors. My build is similar as you can see...
Reply Quote
"This post has been reported"

omgwtf

why? o.O
Reply Quote
Thanks man.

Yes 99% of the time I run w/o a generator.

Here are few things you can do for now to let go of a generator :

1. Get Templar for addition hatred regen (but you lose 3CC bonus from scoundrel)
2. Shadow Power : Night Bane (you lose the 5 secs mitigation but lets you channel longer)
3. Get a cheap 10 speed quiver (until you get the hang of the build)
4. Passive : Vengance (use the passive until you're confident enough to replace it with DPS passive as you get better : Archery)

Letting go of a generator skill grants you 1 extra skill slot : Caltrops : Bait the Trap
which is a HUGE eDPS modifier! 10 Critical Chance + 15% extra damage for proc'ing CtW. that's the beauty of the build!

Smoke Screen is optional. Good alternatives are : 1. Chakram : shuriken cloud. 2. Vault for low mps.
Channeling correctly might take some time to get used to, but once you master it, the benefits are really good : +20% damage SA + 15% damage CtW + 10%CC Caltrops+ 50%CD Archery.

You will do a lot lot more than what your sheet DPS suggests.

Good luck and give us a feedback.
Reply Quote
I need smokescreen because i farm mp7 at my gear level and have low ehp. I love the skill as it lets you focus on dps with minimal ehp. This is why i use full nat...

Have you considered using bb rov instead of bait or ss?

I would really like to have a generator as i think i will get bored if i just channel rf nonstop. The question is which generator will have most utility for general purpose farming. Right now i am using HA to snipe out the fast mobs that run around and also summoners to take them out from range. Do you have any advice on generators???

Right now i am using perfectionist but ultimately will change this out to nightstalker to free up prep...

Ultimately

Generator of choice
Rf bombardment

Sp gloom or blood moon have generator so wont need nightbane
Smokescreen
Bat
Either bait or bb rov or one of the marked runes

Nightstalker
Archery
Steady aim

If i drop prep then full nat loses some of its value...as i gain less disc from prep and assuming nightstalker works ok i will switch to andy helm which is the cheapest way for me to get more dps and go for the 1.8 bombardment breakpoint. Right now i have exactly 1.67 aps. At faster aps rf hatred might be a problem so will need a suitable generator.

In the vid where you farm with 4 rf dhs...were you all using the same build? I think at least one guy was using a generator.
Edited by Alagos#3786 on 6/10/2013 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Alagos
Have you considered using bb rov instead of bait or ss?

BB interrupts the channeling, but the worst thing it does is it delays your intial shot (requires you to be outside the Steady aim range) to get the 20% extra bonus. You wont always have the luxury of time to press BB then RF especially when there are fast moving trash lurking around.

06/10/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Alagos
Either bait or bb rov or one of the marked runes

go Bait! if youre partied with other DHs with CtW, it benefits you much better since there isn't any cooldown on the skill. Youll always get the extra 15% damage. Slowing mobs down is just an added bonus.

NightstalkerArcherySteady aim

Always Steady Aim and CTW! third one (Archery) is optional.

Vengance if your having issues with Hatred
Perfectionist if you need extra mitigation
NS - pretty bad but helps a bit since proc rate for RF is pretty low.

If i drop prep then full nat loses some of its value...as i gain less disc from prep and assuming nightstalker works ok i will switch to andy helm which is the cheapest way for me to get more dps and go for the 1.8 bombardment breakpoint. Right now i have exactly 1.67 aps. At faster aps rf hatred might be a problem so will need a suitable generator.

Don't take my word for it, run some tests, go with the APS your more comfortable with. I used to be 1.67 (speed on gloves) barely noticed any hatred issues. IMO anything less than 1.8APS is doable w/o a gererator as long as you can "stand your griound".

the 4 RF vid was just a test run, we havn't talked about the build yet. I posted them anyways since it looked cool in some occasions :D
Reply Quote
Yeah i thought that as well...if i use rov i need a routine to make it so that i am not wasting steady aim...in theory it might be useful vs wallers and vortex...ie get pulled in pop ss rov and get out

Therrs apparently this trick with bb rov similar to scatter spike traps where in tight areas he bombs are concentrated so lets see
Reply Quote
Awesome job on the build and putting together your character, especially with the rare crossbow and inna's favor instead of manticore and witching hour, to achieve the same DPS but with lower attack speed. It's great to see a well-thought out, effective build for DH.

I also run a generator-less RF/strafe build ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9244764505 ). It is a bit of hybrid of your RF build and Tianzi's permastrafe build ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764616512 ). I find that every 5 elite packs or so, I encounter some combo with Vortex/Nightmarish/Plagued/Desecrator that makes it impossible to stand still and channel RF, so I reserve strafe for this purpose. I also use strafe for Act2 keywarden. I was wondering what strategy you use to handle these elites which are extremely annoying for pure RF builds.
Edited by celegans#1280 on 6/10/2013 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did the same build, it makes MP6-7 easy to do even with 200k DPS with SA and Archery + Bait.

Fooling around with Sever build at the moment. >_<

If you want, you can change Backup Plan to Punishment then put +10 Disc on your SoJ and Quiver, and even on your Armor for almost infinite Punishment.

Running MP6-7 VotA is easy enough, just look out for those Vortex and Nightmarish/KB coupled with Electrified, Molten, and/or Fire Chains. Those seriously breaks the Channeling.
Reply Quote
I have no problem with solo vota except the RD blazing guardian. Bombardment is not very effective when facing them. It's even tougher when you don't have disc generator.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]