Diablo® III

WD MP10 CoB Disentombed Hulks + Tremors Hunting

View profile
Video: Disentombed Hulks + Tremors Hunting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJBR1VFF6BU
Disentombed Hulks hunting. Fought 5 packs, 1 death. Feels like the weaker version of tremors. Even with tough affixes while still dangerous, they are no where close to tremors. Also what makes them dangerous is not themselves, but the crazy normal mobs that they are surrounded by.
Tremors hunting. Tried out Well of Souls with Rush of Essense against them. Fought 3 packs, 1 death. Was avoidable as I had SW available but made the wrong decision to save it. Works decently but ultimately I feel widowmakers is better since you free up one passive slot which would have saved me at times when I make the wrong decisions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my Cloud of Bats Guide @

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569309692
Reply Quote
View profile
up to share
Reply Quote
Malet Lords my friend. Those next.

Also, terror deamons with their awesome debuff lowering your healing by 75%.
Reply Quote
Beastly WD there, my friend. And LOL @ the above...God damn I can't stand those Mallet Lord mobs. Ugh.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks!

totally =D mallets are next on my list!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165847159

of all the top voted hardest elites per act for WD in this thread...I've a video on blazing guardians...tremors...hulks...I'm left with mallets =D

hopefully I can use the same build against them...
Reply Quote
I'm just impressed you can stand with them for that long. You don't know how many times a WD comes in with insane DPS but can't stand with a mob to save its life. Hell I have a WD on SC and I have no idea what to do with it, lol. It was my first lvl60 toon when the game first launched.

But yeah, Mallet Lords are pains. They're the main reason, I think, you don't see too many people farming A4.
Reply Quote
View profile
thanks again thorgrim. you should really run the WD and try out the bats builds! Many have sprung up since the latest patch. lots of varieties and very fun =D

just so I put things in perspective, many WDs have criticized my gear/build, claiming to be able to melt packs under 10 seconds...

I guess there are DPS routes where you melt everything before they can do anything, and there are EHP routes where if you don't die, sooner or later the enemy will, and there are balanced routes...

still, I've not seen any videos from other WDs on these tough elite kills where they do it much better and faster than me...slightly faster timings yes...but not so wow until I have to say they are much better XD
Reply Quote

But yeah, Mallet Lords are pains. They're the main reason, I think, you don't see too many people farming A4.

I think, Malet Lords can be very nasty, but in my opinion they are NOT the worst enemy you can face in act 4. Or well not the only one.

Pretty much any monster in Act 4 ... is pretty hard. At least as mob. That is because they have so many natural effects. Succubs lower your armor by 50%. The Aspect of Terror have a curse which lowers for 75 sec ALL of your healing abilities, which includes potions, LoH, LL etc. by 75%. Pretty massive. Another creature can lower your resistances. There is also another hulking demon type in Act 4 which has the ability to "stun" you for a couple of seconds ...

so ... pretty much all mobs in Act 4 can be pretty frustrating.

Hmm. Morlu soldiers not. They dont really have anything special on them ...

Yeah its really no surprise people dont like to farm act 4 really. I mean, the enemies are a lot stronger, but "farming" them doesnt give you better items or anything like that.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 6/8/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks again thorgrim. you should really run the WD and try out the bats builds! Many have sprung up since the latest patch. lots of varieties and very fun =D

just so I put things in perspective, many WDs have criticized my gear/build, claiming to be able to melt packs under 10 seconds...

I guess there are DPS routes where you melt everything before they can do anything, and there are EHP routes where if you don't die, sooner or later the enemy will, and there are balanced routes...

still, I've not seen any videos from other WDs on these tough elite kills where they do it much better and faster than me...slightly faster timings yes...but not so wow until I have to say they are much better XD

Mind adding me and giving me some advice with my WD? Thorgrim#1699
Reply Quote
View profile

I think, Malet Lords can be very nasty, but in my opinion they are NOT the worst enemy you can face in act 4. Or well not the only one.

Pretty much any monster in Act 4 ... is pretty hard. At least as mob. That is because they have so many natural effects. Succubs lower your armor by 50%. The Aspect of Terror have a curse which lowers for 75 sec ALL of your healing abilities, which includes potions, LoH, LL etc. by 75%. Pretty massive. Another creature can lower your resistances. There is also another hulking demon type in Act 4 which has the ability to "stun" you for a couple of seconds ...

so ... pretty much all mobs in Act 4 can be pretty frustrating.

Hmm. Morlu soldiers not. They dont really have anything special on them ...

Yeah its really no surprise people dont like to farm act 4 really. I mean, the enemies are a lot stronger, but "farming" them doesnt give you better items or anything like that.

seems like a very terrible place...

Mind adding me and giving me some advice with my WD? Thorgrim#1699

some advise here, you are holding imo the coolest WD weapon out there, but unfortunately it is not good for higher MPs. If you do want to continue running with that weapon, try getting one with lifesteal and play on lower MPs where you can kill fast.

Also I would drop acid rain from the build since you are not running with with any life on hit items. get mass confusion instead. you get to benefit from the weapon's reduced cooldown too.

Also you seem to be going too heavy on the attack speed. not very good for WD unless you have very high mana regeneration.

Also you may want to drop zombie charger or cloud of bats. you only need one to complement well of souls. replace it with soul harvest. its pretty good.

Also, try getting some pickup radius. at least 6 or 7. makes picking gold up easier and opens up some skill choices like using grave injustice and/or gruesome feast instead of spiritual attunement. Also you may want to use Rush of Essense with your high attack speed. since it complements well of souls well.

Also, try to get a mojo with mana regen. it helps =D

have a look at this build by skywalker. very efficient and very safe.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8891580088
Edited by EremiteAngel#6608 on 6/8/2013 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, bud.
Reply Quote
View profile
np =D

hoping they make last breadth viable and good in the itemization patch...it is too cool looking to leave it with non-competitive stats...
Reply Quote
View profile
up for more sharing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]