Diablo® III

Top 3 farming routes

-- lots of annoy monster (invisible snake, reflect, wisp etc)

What? I love these snakes! :)
They are like the old version of the A3 spiders, a real joke and they're always in a huge pack.
Reply Quote
I have found I really like Act 2 for farming, I haven't run it since my Leoric Signet Normal difficulty runs (got 3 including a 30% I currently use with my new solo self-found HF ring).

I like it because of Elite density. I start with a waypoint to VOTA and there's many small areas with good elite density to start. The sewers and the other from the Path to Oasis waypoint give plentiful elites if you leave after finding a second pack (or clear it, whichever comes first). Then I do the Black canyons and go to the Oasis itself for a key and I'm done. Oasis is a pain but it has good experience. As the OP mentioned there's tons of other good places. I personally perfer doing the earlier areas like the canyons as opposed to others but it may not be efficient, it is fun though. :)

I disagree Act 3 is lower experience. If you have your stacks and do Arreat crater 1 those smaller enemies really give high experience when I did MP7 the other day (at least with an HF and LS ring for extra experience).
Reply Quote
I'm surprised..

A farming discussion with no mention of kill streaks and object destruction bonuses.

I must shake my head for overlooking this.

Honestly seeing barbs not using the highest nuke skill- hammer of the ancients.. LS works best w more dps output skills. So any barb moderately geared can farm above mp6 easily coupled with learning to keep attacking while moving and not spending more than 2 seconds on a plague pool, desecrator... And avoiding bull charges, etc.

Field of misery is all you need as WW barb. Kill streaks over 500 easy. The rest is a time killer.

I'd avoid e"s cOmpletely unless you can kill a pack under 10 seconds or so...people are always running higher mps they can't do efficiently.

You are always better off dropping mp by 1 or 2 even I you can run higher mp due to the kill rate.
For example my barb can run mp 10 but mp8 is more efficient for me.

Also keep in mind solo mp and multiplayer mp are not equivalent. Mp 8 multi would be like mp9 or 10 solo for example.

Act 2 dalgur o and zultan archives are good and shadow realm! Black canyon mines for some e"s is good too for NV.
Reply Quote
Just want to share those information so people can farm ACT2 more often. :)

#1 : ACT 2

VotA->Oasis->Ruins->Channels->Storm Halls (VORCS) will yield 350mil exp per hour at MP10

Question: how do u get to Storm Halls without losing VotA checkpoint? and what does VORCS mean?

Since 1.0.8 I'm farming VotA (checkpointed) => Desolate Sands (for wheel achievement and variability) => Oasis => Channels

Ah, another thing, could you test (I really can't due to pc issues) Canyon Mines + Stinging Winds?
The reason is every time I go there it's packed with mobs and also many elites, with 3 to 4 shrines as well.

Due to the checkpoint issue, I'm starting to think:
Canyon + Stinging, get waypoint up there => Path to Oasis, clear Oasis + Ruins, get up there and => 3 Aqueducts into => Desolate Sands (u reach there by simply continuing) => 2 Halls and Mr. Bald Badass to top it off.

I had a blast doing it, I don't have to worry about checkpoints, and the illusion of getting tons of exp is huge due to fun, and I think it's no illusion.
But I need someone to test this with numbers, since I can't.

Storm halls is always on the right side just stay along the bottom right wall as you go there and you will not lose the CP.

VORCS is the acronym for the run, VotA->Oasis->Ruins->Channels->Storm Halls.

They did test the other areas, you can see the results in this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234?page=1 which the OP linked to in his post.
Reply Quote
Forgot to say.. Most legs and gear drops I get aren't even from e"s and I get decent stuff from objects too...
So the focus on e"s is a waste if u can't eliminate tem efficiently on whatever mp you are running..

Plus it's money out the pocket if you endlessly dying and wasted time reviving
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice, Huan! The only part of your post I take issue with is this:

skip any cave except Den, (Den is a cave under old tree)

What about the Decaying Crypt in the Fields of Misery? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has the highest mob density of any area in the game. I know it doesn't always spawn, but when it does, I make it a point to always hit it.

Anyway, I appreciate the work you've done. I'll definitely try some of these routes out.
Reply Quote
Okay I am still pretty new to HC, and my WD is only Paragon 11 and my gear is getting better. I like the current spec I have and am able to do MP1 safe. What would be the best act for me with my gear to farm for legendary and exp. Do you think I have enough eHP to handle MP2? I have about 17 mil gold right now on HC side to buy upgrades. Any recommendations for those of us that are unable to do high mp would be appreciated.

Thanks you can check out my stats at D3up.com.
http://d3up.com/b/775361
Reply Quote

Question: how do u get to Storm Halls without losing VotA checkpoint? and what does VORCS mean?

Since 1.0.8 I'm farming VotA (checkpointed) => Desolate Sands (for wheel achievement and variability) => Oasis => Channels

Ah, another thing, could you test (I really can't due to pc issues) Canyon Mines + Stinging Winds?
The reason is every time I go there it's packed with mobs and also many elites, with 3 to 4 shrines as well.

Due to the checkpoint issue, I'm starting to think:
Canyon + Stinging, get waypoint up there => Path to Oasis, clear Oasis + Ruins, get up there and => 3 Aqueducts into => Desolate Sands (u reach there by simply continuing) => 2 Halls and Mr. Bald Badass to top it off.

I had a blast doing it, I don't have to worry about checkpoints, and the illusion of getting tons of exp is huge due to fun, and I think it's no illusion.
But I need someone to test this with numbers, since I can't.

Storm halls is always on the right side just stay along the bottom right wall as you go there and you will not lose the CP.

VORCS is the acronym for the run, VotA->Oasis->Ruins->Channels->Storm Halls.

They did test the other areas, you can see the results in this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234?page=1 which the OP linked to in his post.

Thank you SO much!
And I have NO IDEA how I missed that, I'm usually the one saying "just read the OP" lol Q_Q
Reply Quote
I'm surprised..

A farming discussion with no mention of kill streaks and object destruction bonuses.

I must shake my head for overlooking this.

Honestly seeing barbs not using the highest nuke skill- hammer of the ancients.. LS works best w more dps output skills. So any barb moderately geared can farm above mp6 easily coupled with learning to keep attacking while moving and not spending more than 2 seconds on a plague pool, desecrator... And avoiding bull charges, etc.

Field of misery is all you need as WW barb. Kill streaks over 500 easy. The rest is a time killer.

I'd avoid e"s cOmpletely unless you can kill a pack under 10 seconds or so...people are always running higher mps they can't do efficiently.

You are always better off dropping mp by 1 or 2 even I you can run higher mp due to the kill rate.
For example my barb can run mp 10 but mp8 is more efficient for me.

Also keep in mind solo mp and multiplayer mp are not equivalent. Mp 8 multi would be like mp9 or 10 solo for example.

Act 2 dalgur o and zultan archives are good and shadow realm! Black canyon mines for some e"s is good too for NV.

I have no idea why this topic made the front page, but this is the hardcore forum. Kill streaks is irrelevant - only the resulting xp/hour matters. A moderately geared Barb would die pretty early in MP6. NV stacks are needed at lower MP levels because of the reduced XP bonus. Group play is important as it greatly increases your chance of survival on a disconnect. Also, if you can only survive 2 seconds of damage, good luck surviving a rubber band.
Edited by KillFrenzy#6738 on 6/21/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL, I never noticed what forum it was on. So perhaps the farming route has hardcore in mind. HC is not for me. I like way too much of a challenge and prefer dying once in awhile over playing it safe.

I would agree Act 1 with the Field of Misery is hard to beat. Lately I've been alternating between all 3 acts for variety and key farming (with self-found my DPS was terrible before I starting doing the newer recipes so I'd only ever farmed about 4 keys total before now). I play MP5 most of the time solo because it is true going too high slows your experience gained.
Reply Quote
To me, Field of Misery is a great place for farming. I did the test with a free app on iPhone called D3 Helper, and found the farm efficiency in this area is 20% higher than other places in Act I.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 03:28 PMPosted by D2ModPlayer
HC is not for me. I like way too much of a challenge

I laughed.

@huanAK Grats on having your thread make it to diablofans!
Reply Quote
View profile
Ruins in a2 stinging winds (go backwards from road to alcarnus) is also quite good if you want to mix it up or add one more dungeon. Lots of e's, 2 levels and a big chest.
Reply Quote
I personally like to do
Act 1 FW - Leoric's Manor - Weeping hollow( got an 888kill here on MP10 with barb ) - Fields
Act 2 Black Canyon - Sewers - Daglur Oasis(from one WP to next) - THen jump in VOTA Portal (Must always TP out of VOTA and never TP out of anywhere else, game resets with VOTA open)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice, Huan! The only part of your post I take issue with is this:

skip any cave except Den, (Den is a cave under old tree)

What about the Decaying Crypt in the Fields of Misery? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has the highest mob density of any area in the game. I know it doesn't always spawn, but when it does, I make it a point to always hit it.

Anyway, I appreciate the work you've done. I'll definitely try some of these routes out.

Found 2 zuni chests in decaying crypt the last 2 days. 2nd one is a gg piece worth ~600-800mil. Decaying is the place to be :)
Reply Quote
Please make a video of this run! :)
Reply Quote
FW --> Leoric --> Weeping Hollow --> Fields of Misery --> Hall 2 & Hall 3

Sorry for the stupid question but what is FW ? I don't get it...
Reply Quote
FW --> Leoric --> Weeping Hollow --> Fields of Misery --> Hall 2 & Hall 3

Sorry for the stupid question but what is FW ? I don't get it...

festering woods
Reply Quote
Oh yes, of course. Sorry :D
Thanks !
Edited by Mike#2710 on 6/27/2013 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]