Diablo® III

Check out these new items

I took some time and re-designed some of the current legendaries, this is what came out of it:

Part 1: (Mempo, Skywarden, Frostburn gauntlets, Cain's set)

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1888/legendariesredesigned.png

Part 2: (Azurewraths and Elemental Coats)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6949/legendariesredesignedpa.png

Part 3: (Tal Rasha Set)

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6949/legendariesredesignedpa.png

Part 4: (Windforce, other bows and wands)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6949/legendariesredesignedpa.png

Part 5: (Daibos, fist weapon and 2-Handers)

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6949/legendariesredesignedpa.png

Notes:

- There is still enough RNG involved.

- With legendaries of such quality, they would not drop as often as they do now.

- They all have a use, even with their lowest rolls.

- You would be able to enchant those (some, not all) with low rolls allowing you to improve their stats, as suggested here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245384473?page=1

- I made a typo at the physical Azurewrath from part 2. It should say "1500% weapon damage" and not "1500 damage" ^^

Cheers!
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 6/9/2013 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nice work with existing stats.. i would consider certain combos..

cains boots and trifecta cain gloves wih ias mempho will be fun..
Reply Quote
I like the idea of the Cain Boots but 1 Monster per sec. is probably overkill since people kill so fast nowaday ever on MP10.
Reply Quote
Nice Work!

And I totally agree with you to greatly decrease the drop rate and all legendaries should be good even with their lowest roll.

I want to feel excited when I hear the ping sound.
Reply Quote
what I really like about that: no random properties.

to the items:
buriza seems a bit OP with high damage, 1os + CD and freeze.
andy should only have poison resist
I don't think cains needs a buff. it's already really good for twinking and therefore serves it's purpose as it is now.
skywarden is just straight out OP. high damage + cd + 1os + insane strength would make it instantly BiS.
mempo got better than it is now. except for the crit mempo which is basicly the same as it is now. and i consider the current mempo as one of the worst designed items in d3. just because it offers EVERYTHING you want from an item. just like arreats in d2. boring item that is BiS without any downsides.

just my opinion.
Reply Quote
I'm sort of disliking how boring and typical most of the legendary revisions are. Seriously, I want you to just look at them. What you should notice is this: increased attack speed, critical strike chance and critical hit damage. These stats are simply bland and boring, even though they are the most desirable.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

You're fighting fire with fire. It just seems odd to me that you'd make the next generation of legendaries 'competitive' by allowing them to spawn with stats that are already on every single competitive item in the game.

Can you revise legendaries to be competitive to the current trend of items, without having them have increased attack speed, critical strike chance, critical hit damage, or a combination of them?
Reply Quote
dat ehp skywarden is so nice man, i would defintely try to get it....

!@#$ atack speed :)
Reply Quote
Can you revise legendaries to be competitive to the current trend of items, without having them have increased attack speed, critical strike chance, critical hit damage, or a combination of them?

since those stats scale insanly good you'd have to have like 100% increased damage from cold skills and stuff like that.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 02:50 AMPosted by DarkJack

since those stats scale insanly good you'd have to have like 100% increased damage from cold skills and stuff like that.

Or, someone can introduce different types of affixes? Here's a few for you to chew on.

Physical attacks ignore X% of armor
Elemental attacks ignore X% of resistances
X% Increased Periodic Damage
X% of Perodic Damage is Dealt Instantly
+X% Increased Chance to Dodge
+X Block Amount
Channeled spells drain X% less resources
Spells return X% of their resource cost
X% of damage taken is restored as resource

And the list goes on... not to mention those CoH or CwH effects.
Edited by ArcrossA#1565 on 6/6/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 on Cool items.
Reply Quote
I'm sort of disliking how boring and typical most of the legendary revisions are. Seriously, I want you to just look at them. What you should notice is this: increased attack speed, critical strike chance and critical hit damage. These stats are simply bland and boring, even though they are the most desirable.
This. I'll give you credit for making better items than what we have(not saying much I suppose). If Blizzard wants to make legendaries that live up to the name, then they need to do more than just serve as "stat sticks".

Edit: Didn't really finish looking through all the items, just glanced over the mempos. I see that some of the other items do have cool affects, so they're not that bad. The frostburns in particular are cool.
Edited by Nishi#1809 on 6/6/2013 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/06/2013 03:21 AMPosted by ArcrossA

Or, someone can introduce different types of affixes? Here's a few for you to chew on.

+X Block Amount

I like these ideas better.
Items in the game are already too focused on the trifecta.
I prefer items that open up completely new builds.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 03:21 AMPosted by ArcrossA

+X Block Amount

sure. but OP aparently tried to use stuff that's already in the game. don't get me wrong. I think the current affixes are stupidly boring. I'm all up for new affixes.
Reply Quote
interesting items
Reply Quote
What I like :
- Cain's boots interaction with shrine
- Frostburns immune to frozen (but shouldn't be immune to chilling : when the player should get frozen he gets chilled instead, so that it isn't OP)
- Bruiza with piercing and added damage to frozen enemies (OMG Buriza + perma freeze Wiz niice)
- Bleed effect for % weapon damage (although it should be much higher, and probably scale with main stat like thorns will be)
- Angelic aid from Skywarden could be really cool if done well (perhaps when the player gets below 25% life there's a holy explosion that stuns enemies in a 20 yard radius and an angel fights by your side, dealing DPS scaled with the player's main stat ?)

What I don't like :
- Mempo, Cain's gloves and helm : as boring as items are today. BUT, it's hard to give EVERY legendary a specific stat and the set bonuses are cool
- Skywarden is just a Skorn + angelic assistance, personnaly I'd take off crit damage and make it do 1600 - 2100 DPS or something like this

Overall good stuff !
Reply Quote
Also, what I'd like to see : imagine if the Cain's gloves had a 25 - 35% reduced cooldown on all skills, but no trifecta as a possible roll. Or perhaps a 30 - 40% damage increase for all primary attacks.

What I REALLY hope is that Blizzard doesn't mess up by adding 1 - 3% affixes that are useless and unappealing. I mean, who gives a !@#$ about 2% chance to freeze/stun/etc ? NO ONE.
Reply Quote
way to think outside of the box.. oh wait nvm. I can only hope blizzard is not on the same wave length.
Reply Quote
These items are making me squeal like a little girl! Some great ideas with existing affixes. ALTHOUGH I think steering away from trifecta is a more suitable choice for items. Having affixes that make up for those such as-

+ 75% chance to make monster bleed for 700% Weapon damage over 5 seconds -

^This makes it like a mini rend but more like open wounds in d2.

EDIT:

MOARRRRRRRRRRRRR OP
Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 6/6/2013 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What you're really on the right track with is having different stat types of the same legendary with limited outcomes to provide a lot of specific choice. There obviously would have to be some taken out due to redundancies but over all there could be a lot more choice in gear brought about with something like this. I feel like this idea should also somehow be extended to rares as well, albeit in a more randomized manner.
Reply Quote

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

You're fighting fire with fire. It just seems odd to me that you'd make the next generation of legendaries 'competitive' by allowing them to spawn with stats that are already on every single competitive item in the game.

I personally don't like the current legendaries as well due to the fact that they're only stat sticks, that's why I tried to change that through the special effects on the frostborn gloves, skywarden and andariels.

I chose not to give the Mempo a special effect, since it already is too powerful. (I never would have it allowed to roll crit chance to begin with, but it's too late for that)

Instead of completely overhauling the system, I chose not to remove attack speed, CC and CD but rather use powerful unique effects and damage modifiers to make other items competitive and interesting.

If there would be a helmet with decent stats and a really mind-blowing effect I think many people would favor it over a Mempo, that's the thought behind it.

06/06/2013 04:59 AMPosted by itstylerj
MOARRRRRRRRRRRRR OP

I'll try make some more later to show how items without IAS/CC/CD could really be viable and epic as well ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]