Diablo® III

Check out these new items

Cool items. I enjoyed looking at your newer versions I just hope they add some more interesting affixes to them along with the buffs you thought up (kinda like the frosties idea you have). Also they need to bring back chancies with a huge mf buff. That item alone would have you debate if you should roll with high damage gloves or less powerful gloves with a huge MF buff. Its choices like these that made D2 awesome. Keep up the good work buddy.
Reply Quote
I think it would be a good idea to also include skill altering affixes, but more than just reduced resource cost or increased crit chance or damage. Basically skill runes, but on items:

- Removes casting animation from Cyclone Strike. (So you can cast it while channeling TR, for example)
- Increases mantra refresh bonus duration by X seconds.
- Wave of Light knockback removed.
- Every stack of combination strike also gives X% attack speed or X% movement speed.
- Combination strike becomes always active, as long as you have spirit generators in your skill bar. (Would be amazing if comboed with the affix mentioned above)
- Sweeping wind duration increased by X seconds.
- The sweeping wind AOE will also now refresh the duration.
- Serenity duration increased by X seconds.

etc.

I bet you can tell I main monk, but you get the general idea :D
Reply Quote
Let's try making something that is desirable for someone, that can compare to a Mempo of Twilight, but doesn't have any of the affixes everyone is looking for. And just for the hell of it, let's add a few more parameters: there needs to be a reasonable element of RNG, and no matter how horrible it rolls, it should still be desirable regardless and not just junk.

Giant Skull
Legendary Helm
522-646 Armor
Physical Attacks Ignore 7-10% of Armor
6-8% Chance to Knockback on Hit
4-5% Chance to Stun on Hit
One of 2 Magical Properties (varies)
- +200-230 Strength
- +200-230 Dexterity
+1 Random Magic Property
[+] Empty Socket

Probably something a Barbarian or Monk would look at if they can afford to shave off extra life and resistances for the ignore armor and inherently higher stat roll. The knockback can be a tad bit annoying, but it does disable monsters for a second, and the annoyance factor pales in comparison to Echoing Fury's fear.

I think for a while, people have been wanting to make something with thorns (Witch Doctors in particular, but they're not the only ones), but the values it spawns on gear is abysmal at best, making it absolutely useless the higher MP you play on. Here's a little bone for those players.

Centurion
Legendary Shield
1024-1199 Armor
24-28% Chance to Block
3706-4706 Block Amount

+225-250 Vitality
+20-25% Thorns Damage
Melee attackers take 15825-16320 damage per hit
2-3% of damage taken is returned to the attacker
10% chance on successful block to impale enemies around you.
+1 Random Magic Property
[+] Empty Socket

In a way, a thorns build can scale with higher MPs thanks to damage return as well as the increase to its damage as a whole. And well, the current gear really needs to spawn with much, much higher thorns damage.
Reply Quote
You don't put LoH on end-game 2Hs.....
Reply Quote
Cool, I had been hoping someone would do this so uh... thanks!

I like the goal of having legendaries that fill specific roles, dunno if any kids will use EHP stuff, but I guess it's better than finding pure crap.

Some of them are a bit OP, but eh, maybe I've become too used to crap legendary items.

It's rough that an item has to be cd/os or nothing, but is what it is.

I'd be interested in making non crit damage weapons, but have high top weapon damage. :/ If only for the illusion of variety.

2handed low-end damage is still WAY too low.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 6/6/2013 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 06:25 AMPosted by DrunkTank
You don't put LoH on end-game 2Hs.....

Why not?

As long as the effective healing you get is similar to lifesteal it is a viable change of pace if you ask me.
Reply Quote
Nice work.

Please do a makeover of Azurewrath next. I think that sword with some tweaking would be amazing. It is by far the nicest looking weapon in this game.
Reply Quote
Nice work.

Please do a makeover of Azurewrath next. I think that sword with some tweaking would be amazing. It is by far the nicest looking weapon in this game.

Thanks!

I agree, that sword looks just epic. Time to make it epic as well!
Reply Quote
Wow Frostburn Gauntlets are actually legendary in this redesign, good job.
Reply Quote
I took some time and re-designed some of the current legendaries, this is what came out of it:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1888/legendariesredesigned.png

Notes:

- There is still enough RNG.

- With legendaries of such quality, they would not drop as often as they do now.

- They all have a use, even with their lowest rolls.

- You would be able to enchant those with low rolls allowing you to improve their stats, as suggested here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245384473?page=1

Cheers!

Very cool, I'll take them all :)

On a more serious note...this is the kind of legendary items we NEED to have in the game....I'd be fine with lowering the current legendary drop rate a bit IF we were rewarded with ITEMS worth finding and using versus the current BIS types we use now.
Reply Quote
I think it would be a good idea to also include skill altering affixes, but more than just reduced resource cost or increased crit chance or damage. Basically skill runes, but on items:

- Removes casting animation from Cyclone Strike. (So you can cast it while channeling TR, for example)
- Increases mantra refresh bonus duration by X seconds.
- Wave of Light knockback removed.
- Every stack of combination strike also gives X% attack speed or X% movement speed.
- Combination strike becomes always active, as long as you have spirit generators in your skill bar. (Would be amazing if comboed with the affix mentioned above)
- Sweeping wind duration increased by X seconds.
- The sweeping wind AOE will also now refresh the duration.
- Serenity duration increased by X seconds.

etc.

I bet you can tell I main monk, but you get the general idea :D

Excellent suggestions...I've been a long time proponent of extending the SW stack duration to more than just the measly 4 seconds...first b/c it basically forces a lot of people to use a 4 piece Inna's set...(for the cast red cost) and 2nd b/c 4 secs is just way too short of a time for a "skill" to be active...if they doubled it to 8-10 sec range it would be great and a lot less annoying as you can keep going without losing SW and won't have to use a 4 piece Inna's if you don't want to...
Reply Quote
I like the new frostburn. Add in "cannot be frozen" or something or not. Either way, it's going to give the great roll trifecta a good run.
Reply Quote
Added some more items, hope you'll like them!
Reply Quote
Lets try this

Make a whole new set of stats for legendaries only.

Do not let them roll on rares, let rares roll whats good for rares now.

Make legends have totally different stats.

+9000 fire damage over 9,000 seconds

its OVER THE TOP
Reply Quote
I took some time and re-designed some of the current legendaries, this is what came out of it:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1888/legendariesredesigned.png

Edit: Part 2:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6949/legendariesredesignedpa.png

Notes:

- There is still enough RNG.

- With legendaries of such quality, they would not drop as often as they do now.

- They all have a use, even with their lowest rolls.

- You would be able to enchant those with low rolls allowing you to improve their stats, as suggested here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245384473?page=1

Cheers!

Too bad there aren't more threads like this, from people who actually try to make the game better with interesting ideas instead of mindless nerf or troll threads.

+1 to OP

I myslef had some ideas of improving legendaries or sets too.

If you have time try to redesign Tal-Rasha set too, cause currently it doesn't look that great...
Edited by xKosciejx#2985 on 6/6/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The variations of cinder coats were pretty cool. The elemental plus crit mempo might be too overpowered an item. And those frostburns, nice, they wouldn't be worthless like now.
Reply Quote
+1

Legit items are legit! I'd love to see more stuff like this in-game. :D
Reply Quote
Nice photoshopping. I think this misses the intended goal Blizzard has stated for their itemization patch, that is to make legs interesting enough to build around. The items in the pics are drool-worthy combos of moar dmg but wouldn't do much to fix the problems with itemization in D3.
Reply Quote
I like some of the ideas. The one wear there are multiple predefined legendaries is a good idea. However, some of the affixes rolls are a bit far fetched. Blizzard also stated that all resist would not roll with single resist and single resist would roll up to 120, or something like that due to One with Everything.

Andies Visage should be changed to something like:
- Primary stat
- Poison resist 80-120
- Crit chance +4-6%
- Random Property.
(All helms should be able to roll low attack speed.)
- Poison Nova chance when hit.
- Socket.

Edit: This would be an alt to mempo but mempo would still get AR and life%.
Edited by Æther#1456 on 6/6/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 11:26 AMPosted by xKosciejx
If you have time try to redesign Tal-Rasha set too, cause currently it doesn't look that great..

I'll gladly do that tomorrow! :D

Nice photoshopping. I think this misses the intended goal Blizzard has stated for their itemization patch, that is to make legs interesting enough to build around. The items in the pics are drool-worthy combos of moar dmg but wouldn't do much to fix the problems with itemization in D3.

For the first examples I agree, I kept the Mempo as it is since deleting the current version from the game would just enrage many people. I think it would be ok if some items are simply "stat sticks" that grant dps/ehp while others are really unique in their abilities. I tried adding this unique flavour in the second picture with the different cindercoats and Azurewrath, however I agree, there should be way more of these legendaries that you would want to built your spec around, I'll try to come up with some tomorrow as well.

The variations of cinder coats were pretty cool. The elemental plus crit mempo might be too overpowered an item. And those frostburns, nice, they wouldn't be worthless like now

You might be right, I didn't calculate anything on the Mempos, just threw around some stats there. The different versions are just for giving players options for customization and should perform on a similar dps-level if the math would be applied correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]