Diablo® III

Check out these new items

For the current itemization system it's pretty cool. I like how you split the mempo rolls into different variables.

I also like how you didn't just make trifecta stuff. Trifecta is in part why the current itemization system is so frustrating. Allowing these 3 properties to roll in a single item automatically makes anything less complete garbage. This coupled with the extreme amount of randomization loot has is just overkill. Having items roll only 2 of these was enough, and would prevent a lot of gear going out of control.

If they combine that approach with appropriate buffs for underwhelming stats, there could be very interesting results that could end up in true gear diversity.

I also like how you imbued some of them with something special. Really enjoying the coats and azurewrath variations.
Reply Quote
The variations of cinder coats were pretty cool. The elemental plus crit mempo might be too overpowered an item. And those frostburns, nice, they wouldn't be worthless like now

You might be right, I didn't calculate anything on the Mempos, just threw around some stats there. The different versions are just for giving players options for customization and should perform on a similar dps-level if the math would be applied correctly.

Actually, I thought the elemental one also had as. Therefore, the as crit one that's currently in place would probably still be most desired one, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
Added Part 3: Tal Rasha Set
Reply Quote
I really like the idea of the RNG on items will always be useful at least in some way like your Tal's set.

That's a great way to keep RNG and making items useful even if they don't roll that well.
Reply Quote
Can you revise legendaries to be competitive to the current trend of items, without having them have increased attack speed, critical strike chance, critical hit damage, or a combination of them?

this is key, IMHO... I think HOLY damage should be > black damage wep when used on demons, I think SKILL/DAMAGE type % buffs are really the way to go. right now damage TYPE is practically pointless and that's a flaw that should have never been released.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Kyrone
Added Part 3: Tal Rasha Set

Thank You ^^
Reply Quote
Added part 4: Manticore, other bows and wands

06/07/2013 05:17 AMPosted by xKosciejx
Thank You ^^

Welcome, hope you liked them :P

I'm sort of disliking how boring and typical most of the legendary revisions are. Seriously, I want you to just look at them. What you should notice is this: increased attack speed, critical strike chance and critical hit damage. These stats are simply bland and boring, even though they are the most desirable.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

You're fighting fire with fire. It just seems odd to me that you'd make the next generation of legendaries 'competitive' by allowing them to spawn with stats that are already on every single competitive item in the game.

Can you revise legendaries to be competitive to the current trend of items, without having them have increased attack speed, critical strike chance, critical hit damage, or a combination of them?

You really should check out the other pictures, maybe you'll find something you like there :)

Sure, some of them still have these stats, but I don't think that would be as big of a problem as it currently is because:

- You have several versions of some legendaries that don't have the typical CC/CD/IAS rolls and still be worth equipping

- Some legendaries won't be able to roll these stats at all but will benefit your character in a different way

- I based the design on the current item system, and unfortunately these stats are pretty powerful at the moment. It's not easy to leave it out on an item (and I think not necessary if there are enough other options)
Edited by Kyrone#2959 on 6/7/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I really like the bows you have done. gives people a few extra options regarding affixes, as well as makes some thigns as appealing as manticore/calamity.
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
Keep them coming! I really like the interesting ideas! I'd love to play around with a bunch of legendaries like these. Would make finding them so much more fun.
Reply Quote
No Polearm for Monks ....

-1 ><;
Reply Quote
No Polearm for Monks ....

-1 ><;

I'll do barb and monk weapons later sir :D
Reply Quote
Way too much "trifecta" (and worse, added attacks/sec), each can be easily new scorn.

Some interesting ideas, though.
Reply Quote
Way too much "trifecta" (and worse, added attacks/sec), each can be easily new scorn.

Some interesting ideas, though.

With the current item system it is nearly impossible to create gear without these stats in order to be viable.

What options are there?

I could only think of:

- elemental damage
- increased damage of certain skills
- cool effects

Maybe someone comes up with better ideas!
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Kyrone
I'll do barb and monk weapons later sir :D

Daibo!
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Fireblade
Daibo

I'll make sure to include some, too ^^

(I think the idea of the flying dragon is already great, maybe needs a bit of fine-tuning)
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]