Part 5 added!
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
I love it, and I agree, decrease the drop rates greatly and fix legendaries. Because right now I am sick of getting ilvl 60 hand crossbows with 600dps. I really think if we keep whining for a couple more years we will get the changes done. But, maybe I'm wrong :D
Reply Quote
Bumping this amazing thread!
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:34 PMPosted by evilution
I really think if we keep whining for a couple more years we will get the changes done.

Honestly, even though your post is funny, it really was disheartening for me to hear that we have to wait until after Blizzcon for the itemization patch...

06/13/2013 10:32 PMPosted by itstylerj
Bumping this amazing thread!

Thanks! I originally posted it on the general discussion, but some clever Blizz guy redirected it to this area. Now it will drown in the depths of the forums ^^
Reply Quote
resurrecting this
Reply Quote
I like the items you made but they feel uninspiring. I think what makes a Legendary great is three things: rarity, power, and uniqueness. I'm sure we all understand why rarity and power is important. Extra stats, higher stat rolls, highly desirable stats loaded on an item gives it power but not a unique identity. Not to say these things aren't important but they aren't omni important.

Uniqueness: This is usually overlooked the most but I'll simply say the rarer the stat is on any item the more it feels Legendary. A legendary belt where the only thing special about it is higher than normal stat ranges for it's level and it has attack speed, that's nice for power but it doesn't inspire awe or do anything memorable.

So the trick is to make an item with stats or abilities on it that no other item has, and make the item strong enough that people actually want to use it. Consider Fire Walkers, they are really cool, unique, but kinda "meh" power wise. When you think of Fire walkers you don't usually think "oooh fire resist, 12%ms, and 4% reduced melee damage!" it is memorable because it does something cool that no other item does, it burns the ground you walk on. Stats are boring, unique stats are fun and cool.

So I would love to see you make or re-imagine more legendaries and sets but why not throw in some unique properties to really make them stand out? =)
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 03:46 PMPosted by DontCry
So I would love to see you make or re-imagine more legendaries and sets but why not throw in some unique properties to really make them stand out? =)

Thanks for your post! I definitely will do some more after my exams are over and I'll try to create some that are really unique, even though I tried to do so already ^^

Maybe I just tried to fit them into the current item system too much.
Reply Quote
resurrection! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]