Diablo® III

Remove Potion Cooldown

Remove potion cooldown. Cooldowns does not work right for a game like Diablo.

If potions has no cooldown, so many things will be achieved:

1. Squishy characters will now have a chance of survival.
2. Someone will finally gonna talk to that potion NPC.
3. Gold sink
4. Health potions are going to be an essential part of the system.
5. Hardcore players will have more time fighting than more time running.
6. SURVIVAL.
7. Lesser deaths especially in coop games.

"What's the point of potions if you can have Life steal and life on hit?"
That is the point of Life steal and Life on hit. To lessen potion use. But it will not prevent you from dying.

Removing potion cooldown will change the pacing of the game. Also, this will lessen the number of wizards relying on perma freeze.

Removing potion cooldown is beneficial to everybody, and will likely improve coop games.

Sidenote:
Monk Heal should also be buffed to heal all players in the coop game once activated. It's kinda pointless to use heal to others because of its ridiculously short range.
Reply Quote
buy better gear and you won't need potions
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 09:19 PMPosted by xNyudox

stop turning diablo into diwowblo and there wouldnt be cooldowns in the game to begin with
Reply Quote

All of us are weak at first you know. Some people can't even buy gears, unlike you.
Reply Quote
Potions are supposed to be a necessity, now its just a first aid.
Hardcore will benefit from this greatly, and for some people in softcore.(Like me). Why?

Because its online. Lag can kill you anytime. spamming potion can save you at unexpected lag spikes or at unexpected times.
Reply Quote
The game isn't supposed to be a walk through the park.

You need to gear properly to advance through MP levels in Inferno. If you are struggling on a certain monster power, lower it until you have the proper gear.

You can buy a set of gear for any class for less than 500k that can easily clear MP0.
Reply Quote
The problem is that health globes kind of suck... I get that "random" has always been a key thing in Diablo games. But this game has just taken that WAY overboard... and in all the wrong places. It's the randomness of health globes that make them lackluster. When you don't need em they are every where and when you do need em they aren't there. The main reason for this being that when you have full health its too easy to just walk across the globe and waste it. By the time you are near the end of a hard fight and you need a health globe... you already accidentally used them all when you had 100% hp. And once you get to a certain point in the game health globes are completely irrelevant.

If they did this OP they might as well remove health globes. Instead of your suggestion.... I say they change health globes.
Edited by SmokeyBuddha#1925 on 6/4/2013 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I doubt many players would really enjoy the kind of combat balance monsters would have to have in order to facilitate "potion chugging". That worked in Diablo 2 where the itemizaiton/damage system was completely different and monsters were tuned accordingly, but not in this game. I do agree though that the potion cooldown should be no more than 15 seconds. It should be long enough to be meaningful in a real fight, but not so long that you feel like you're defenseless once it's used.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Get +health globes. Even on one piece of gear, makes a world of difference. Base healing bonus from potions and globes is nothing.

They should make the base bonus at least 5k with the highest being 20k.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 6/4/2013 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Removing potion spamming was one of the best changes from Diablo 2.

Although I agree, 30 seconds is a bit long. 15 seconds would be fine.
Reply Quote
Reducing the cooldown would be great. It may act as a pseudo gold sink(outside of just picking up potions though).
Reply Quote
Could have 4 slots with the cool down or better yet, potions restore health at slower rate with no cool down and 4 slots. I would like more potions beside health potions. +10% speed pots, resource regen pots, resist pots, etc.
Reply Quote
I agree - 15 seconds would be a more reasonable cooldown on health potions. Health globes are a neat idea and that sort of leads me into the next bit.

Overall - I feel that this is one area that could have benefited from a more agressive "start from scratch" approach instead of taking from what used to exist in D2 and just simply adding a cooldown.

I think a better solution of moving to a new form of HP restoration mechanic incorporating the health globes would have been to drop the potion all together and going with more of a refillable HP reserve (one giant static potion) that scales with level in both hp amount available and regeneration rate.

You use what's available and the health globes replenish it more quickly, but when its empty, its empty.

Just an idea.
Reply Quote
Get +health globes. Even on one piece of gear, makes a world of difference. Base healing bonus from potions and globes is nothing.

They should make the base bonus at least 5k with the highest being 20k.

I'd rather have this. As it is, health per globe is a laughably weak choice. They should even merge it altogether with life after kill (another meh stat) for a truly compelling stat. TBH, potion spamming was quite lame in D2, but a shorter cooldown would be more appropriate for Diablo's fast paced action, without resourcing to pot spamming.
Reply Quote

there is nothing wrong with his gear, he just need to learn how to set up skills.
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Floydrose
Gold sink

LOL @ this. You talked about SURVIVAL, all you need is loh, ls and reset your skill build. if you abuse portion, you will get side - effect hahahaha
Edited by SoulHunter#1898 on 6/4/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes remove the damn cooldown!

LS / LOH don't always work!

HC is so much tougher when u meet mobs and unable to LS/LOH and u have to run.
When lag hits U DEAD!!

REMOVE THE CD REMOVE IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Reply Quote
I just want the + to health potions affix to affect monk skills. I don't need 100% of it to add to the heals, but making it possible to gear up a proper healer monk would actually improve itemization a little and make the class more fun.
Reply Quote
Maybe they should add a stat to gear that works with very little chance of reducing or removing the cooldown on potion.
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Floydrose

All of us are weak at first you know. Some people can't even buy gears, unlike you.

There is also the fact that some of us can't afford 2 billion a piece for gear. All I hear is the bragging on the forums, yet I have never had more then 10 million at one given time. And they also do not make a big enough HP potion to be useful with only 12,500 heal at best, when most of us have atleast 50K plus HP. With that said I think the timer is pointless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]