Diablo® III

Skorn or 1 hander and uhkapian serpent?

Its pretty balanced. My friend let me use his 1400dps/6%ls skorn worth many billions for a few weeks and it worked really well. I noticed the biggest difference against reflect packs. 1hmojo has to be very careful when engaging rd.

The 6%ls wasn't invincible tho. Stun/freeze/knockback/etc would create a window of time where I wasn't lifestealing. I could easily die if hit a bunch of times during this. There is not much difference between the 2 weapon styles in these situations.

The skorn was much better for survival in the general sense.

1handmojo has its advantages too. 1hmojo can output more dmg and provide more stats. Notably, 1hmojo can give many defensive stats, higher int, and %bonus to elites. Also, SoS mojo can provide alow tons of options like replacing zuni helm with mempo or batvisage or replacing pox with a gg ring.

I returned the skorn last week and grabbed a temporarily knife and mojo while I wait for the right replacements or gg skorn to come up on the ah for a good price. Mkc was 195 mill and the serpent was 80 mill.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/impking-1585/hero/3330596

The resource aspect somewhat favors the skorn but can easily be managed with 1hmojo. I was using a SoS/6ccbatVisage combo before using my current one and it was very good with mana without a noticeable dps loss. I was able to run gf/gi/spirit vessal instead of gf/gi/blood ritual. This helped a ton with the 1hmojo rd issue.

The price of a really good lifesteal skorn is very high so I don't really agree with the assessment that the skorn route is cheaper. Putting together a good 1hmojo combo doesn't have to break the bank.

With an unlimited budget, I would get both and swap depending on the situation.
Reply Quote
Its pretty balanced. My friend let me use his 1400dps/6%ls skorn worth many billions for a few weeks and it worked really well. I noticed the biggest difference against reflect packs. 1hmojo has to be very careful when engaging rd.

The 6%ls wasn't invincible tho. Stun/freeze/knockback/etc would create a window of time where I wasn't lifestealing. I could easily die if hit a bunch of times during this. There is not much difference between the 2 weapon styles in these situations.

The skorn was much better for survival in the general sense.

1handmojo has its advantages too. 1hmojo can output more dmg and provide more stats. Notably, 1hmojo can give many defensive stats, higher int, and %bonus to elites. Also, SoS mojo can provide alow tons of options like replacing zuni helm with mempo or batvisage or replacing pox with a gg ring.

I returned the skorn last week and grabbed a temporarily knife and mojo while I wait for the right replacements or gg skorn to come up on the ah for a good price. Mkc was 195 mill and the serpent was 80 mill.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/impking-1585/hero/3330596

The resource aspect somewhat favors the skorn but can easily be managed with 1hmojo. I was using a SoS/6ccbatVisage combo before using my current one and it was very good with mana without a noticeable dps loss. I was able to run gf/gi/spirit vessal instead of gf/gi/blood ritual. This helped a ton with the 1hmojo rd issue.

The price of a really good lifesteal skorn is very high so I don't really agree with the assessment that the skorn route is cheaper. Putting together a good 1hmojo combo doesn't have to break the bank.

With an unlimited budget, I would get both and swap depending on the situation.

I agree with most of this, though I have to say, for WD the flexibility to upgrade is really important to me. With most other classes you don't have to really worry about your resources at all, but for us, 4 PC Zuni's plus some Regen on a mojo is pretty important, and good Pox are SO expensive. I swapped over to a SoS recently and was able to immediately replace my Pox with a ring that cost me about 12k EHP and provided about 10k DPS for only 5 Million gold.

A really great Skorn brings down the need for Mana regen some, but you are literally stuck to a Pox with no other way to get Mana regen if you want it.

Also with the way LS Skorns took off, and the general disinterest in WD specific weapons, 1Hand is not that costly at all.
Edited by superpope#1338 on 6/13/2013 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]