Diablo® III

What about adding different potions?

I saw this post a couple days ago:

06/04/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Æther
Could have 4 slots with the cool down or better yet, potions restore health at slower rate with no cool down and 4 slots. I would like more potions beside health potions. +10% speed pots, resource regen pots, resist pots, etc.

I thought he had a pretty stellar idea. Different types of potions would add some more interest in the game and maybe a little more of a gold sink. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
Bump :/
Reply Quote
or we could alter item affixes : ie. an enhancement to thorns/indestructable/healthglobes etc..

eg:

indestructible: for 5 seconds after consuming a potion, you do not take any damage at all., every additional indescrutable item adds 1 second to the invulnerability duration

thorns: thorns damage amount also applies as a passive life regen of thorns damage value x50 over 10 seconds after consuming a potion

non primary stats:
secondary stat = str / 1200% chance of receiving 30% mit protection buff for 20 seconds after you consume a potion
secondary stat = dex / 1200% chance of receiving dodge buff (10%) for 20 seconds after you consume a potion
secondary stat = int / 1200% chance of receiving increased empowerment buff for 20 seconds after you consume a potion

max arcane power/max mana/max fury/max disc/max : consuming a potion also adds x amount of resource

spirit regen/hatred regen: consuming a potion adds 50 x value to your resource pool.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 6/10/2013 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like that idea too. I just feel that potions are so generic, and they could have done more with potion functionality in the game. When I open the misc tab on an NPC, it feels like such a useless game feature. Dyes for armor are already useless since you can't change legendary armor except making it invisible. Customization, for one, already is pretty bad as is. But there is only 1 potion we have at endgame, and its kind of worthless.
Why not create new potions to give us different buffs or have interesting game mechanics? I'm sure there is room for something cool and it doesn't have to be broken op. Giving merchants some new material to purchase provides more gold sinks as well.

Oh well, I see the thread isn't that popular anyway.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are a lot of possibilities with potion effects, and I think it's an interesting topic. It certainly doesn't hurt to talk about your ideas, and I'd be happy to pass along your suggestions.

06/10/2013 02:01 PMPosted by TfauxT
Dyes for armor are already useless since you can't change legendary armor except making it invisible.

I just wanted to point out that this is still in the works. I know it's been a long time, but it's still on the way. I'll quote Vaeflare to give a little more insight on the subject.

01/18/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely working on making all dyes work for Legendary items. It’s not a quick-fix, though; as Fearophobias surmised, our artists actually need to go back and redo the textures on all the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible.
Reply Quote
I think this is a great idea. I agree potions are very bland at the moment.
Reply Quote
I thought the ideas are really nice and interesting.
But to think about it, how will blizzard implement it for consoles.

I do not think it will happen
Reply Quote
I thought the ideas are really nice and interesting.
But to think about it, how will blizzard implement it for consoles.

I do not think it will happen

^^This!^^

Especially now the guy in charge was originally hired to run the console aspect of D3! ! !
Reply Quote
Just sounds like another band-aid to cover deeper issues - lack of rpg in the game,

Also the 20 seconds time limit would not be worth picking them up in the first place.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind if they introduce a type of potions, once you popped it before an intense battle, it will prevent you from picking up any items on ground until you exit the game (and of course, it won't forbid you to hold alt and click to pick any items up)

Call it /nopickup potion. How's that?

EDIT: wait a whole minute to edit my own post is just.... sigh.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 6/10/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I just wanted to point out that this is still in the works. I know it's been a long time, but it's still on the way.

You are working on everything and we get nothing.
Edited by Reni#2570 on 6/10/2013 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
please add to your list a potion that makes you invisible for like 6 seconds with cool downs of course :P
Reply Quote

I just wanted to point out that this is still in the works. I know it's been a long time, but it's still on the way.

You are working on everything and we get nothing.

QFT.
Reply Quote
I would like to point out that Potions should be on your BELT like in Diablo 2, and not in your inventory.
Reply Quote
Path of Exile ideas and more XD

This dictates that PoE has interesting points that will make D3 far out better.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard ever changed the way their potions worked, everyone would just complain they stole the idea from Path of Exile. Still a good idea, though. Q-T on your keyboard could be various potions.
Reply Quote
I posted this while back. I hope you see it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9232573197
Reply Quote
This was already once a part of the game in the form of 'Elixirs' and was removed in the beta along with the Mystic Artisan, Talisman, Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube.

Here are some pictures of Elixirs in early beta;

http://i.imgur.com/sfAax.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z7hUD.jpg

Here are some buff scrolls that were removed as well;

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/5/9/593b5c025242e14e06ccec249fcde4ae_content_listing.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/10005/944481-things_you_can_learn.jpg

As with those one or two of those other features, I'm almost positive we will see this content return in the expansion.
Reply Quote
no thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]