Diablo® III

Game freezing up randomly and buggin Windows8

So recently - the last week or so - I've had a bug where, mid-game, my game client would freeze up. Nothing would move on screen - no chat or anything - except for the mouse cursor. When I try to alt-F4 the client, nothing happens. I can't alt-tab out either.

What I CAN do is alt-ctrl-del and pull up task manager. I try to use this to close the game, which it says isn't responding, but I am unable to click on anything. Everything in Desktop Mode is unclickable because my mouse pointer is still in the Diablo 3 design and, I assume, still thinks it's in game. So I can click anything to force the game to close, forcing me to shut the entire computer down via the start menu and restart.

It's really annoying too. I've lost so many 5 stacks of NV just as I got them, or had it do this just as I ran down a Keywarden, it makes me not even want to play.
Reply Quote
One obligatory bump
Reply Quote
same issue here, started once the last patch hit
Reply Quote
Same problem.
Reply Quote
Your computer is malfunctioning. Try running programs to check temps while you are playing. The problem is not Windows 8, because that is what I use. If you want further help you can try posting a dxdiag and some information about your computer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]