Diablo® III

Gem downgrading?

After finding and selling a very good item, I decided I would finally get some of my gems upgraded. I am one of the players that rarely finds anything good and is consistently poor, so I figured upgrading gems was a good investment. I made 3 of the top tier untradable Marquise gems for my barbarian.

However, I did not know that the gems cost 5m gold to unsocket! It really gets in the way because while I don't mind the gems being untradable, costing that much to unsocket is basically trapping my gems. I don't know of a way that gems can be downgraded, but is this a possible update for the future?
Reply Quote
err, you had 60m for crafting, ~240m for 9 RS rubies but you don't have 15m to unsocket? the marquise gems were made for people who have gold for days and no where else to put it

i hope they leave them as permanent fixtures so the market isn't suddenly flooded with RS gems

Lyracx
Reply Quote
I had spent all my money, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore. Now i'm kicking myself. It's not that I want to sell the gems, just that I like to move my gems between my characters/pieces of gear without bankrupting myself.
Reply Quote
If you don't need the item anymore you can salvage the item and gem will remove and end up in your inv.
Reply Quote
If they add a down grade then I believe all you will get is 1 flawless square, just like when you smash a legendary, it will always give you 1 brimstone.
Reply Quote
Uh just spend $1 on RMAH get 40m. you can take em out then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]