Diablo® III

parts for hell fire ring

where-how do you gets parts for hellfire ring
Reply Quote
I Googled "hellfire ring" and quoted the first thing I found:

"Creating a Hellfire Ring requires multiple steps. Refer to the Infernal Machine article for full details, but briefly:
Obtain the three keys and the Infernal Machine plan for the Blacksmith.
The Key of Destruction will drop from Odeg the Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery
The Key of Hate will drop from Sokahr the Keywarden in Act II - Dahlgur Oasis
The Key of Terror will drop from Xah'Rith the Keywarden in Act III - Stonefort
The Blacksmithing Plans will drop from Nekarat the Keywarden in Act IV - Silver Spire Level 1
Craft three keys, one of each, into the Portal Device.
Activate the Portal Device inside of the Heretic's Abode to create a red portal to one of the three Realms:
The Realm of Discord. Battle King Leoric and Maghda for a chance to obtain the Writhing Spine.
The Realm of Chaos. Battle Ghom and Rakanoth for a chance to obtain the Devil's Fang.
The Realm of Turmoil. Battle Siege Breaker and Zoltun Kulle for a chance to obtain the Vengeful Eye.
Take the three demonic organs to Covetous Shen and craft them into a Hellfire Ring.
Note that steps 1-3 must be repeated multiple times, since you must create at least three red portals to obtain all three demonic organs. Furthermore, unless you are playing on Monster Power 10, the keywardens do not always drop keys and the uber bosses do not always drop the demonic organs"

Edit: You need 5 stacks of nephalem valor to have a chance of a drop.
Edited by titegtnodI#1873 on 6/7/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
06/07/2013 04:39 PMPosted by fireplug
where-how do you gets parts for hellfire ring
The Infernal Machine blog that Sÿlak pointed out is a great starting point to learn more about the steps necessary in order to craft your very own Hellfire Ring.

Keep in mind that you can only farm for the key components if you are playing on Inferno difficulty, and that a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor will be required for the wardens' keys, plans, and organ pieces to drop. Magic Find will not impact your changes for these items to drop. While Monster Power is not required, each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%, all the way up to a guaranteed 100% drop chance at MP10.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Vaeflare, could you pass along that it is really a brick wall for a lot of players (especially ones like myself that don't like being carried) to have to do MP10 to get the organs? I can deal with RNG for the keys, but since we have to get NV5 just to do the Ubers, we shouldn't be dealing with that second tier of RNG, which then turns into a third tier when the ring is crafted (rolled).

It really has to suck for players that have a "chance" for loot if not on MP10. I thought the devs were trying not to force an "MP10 or Bust" scenario on players. What happened to that?
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
I'm one of those players who can't handle MP10, and I wouldn't describe the process of farming organs around MP4-6 as a 'brick wall', even though I've killed all three Ubers around 9-10 times and only gotten one ring. Personally, I really like the setup with the Hellfire Ring, where you know if you really want it/need it you can farm for it. I'd love to see more legendary items get added to this Uber Boss scenario, perhaps from a wider range of organs or from new Uber's.

No one is forced to get a Hellfire Ring - it makes leveling only slightly faster and it certainly doesn't make the game more fun to have one. The option for a decent legendary which the player can farm is a welcome change from the MP1-10 world, where every part of every act has equal loot distributions and there is no incentive to farm any act in particular aside from relative mob difficulty and density.

That's not to say that Inferno has a better setup to the higher MP levels - it would just be nice if I could do some targeted farming. At the moment, the only way to specifically search for a certain type of item is to use the AH. In my opinion (not to be confused with facts), it would be a great incentive to explore currently unpopular areas of certain acts - especially act 4.

I love running act 4 and I hate it. It would be fantastic if there was an added incentive to go there, like, a statistically higher chance that rare rings and amulets are going to drop. These higher chances for certain drops wouldn't have to mean that there were more rares dropping, but rather a higher percentage of what was dropped could be distributed to a more specific area of the loot table. I'm not a technically minded man so I don't know how feasible this suggestion is, but I think targeted farming outside of the AH would be wonderful.

-Edit for grammar and flow.
Edited by Lokostrike89#1556 on 6/7/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
the annoying part for me is that I can farm the keys in MP10. But there is absolutely no way I can solo the uber bosses on mp10. We're not talkin a small difference in difficulty either. We're talkin light years.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
06/07/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Lokostrike89
I'm one of those players who can't handle MP10, and I wouldn't describe the process of farming organs around MP4-6 as a 'brick wall', even though I've killed all three Ubers around 9-10 times and only gotten one ring. Personally, I really like the setup with the Hellfire Ring, where you know if you really want it/need it you can farm for it. I'd love to see more legendary items get added to this Uber Boss scenario, perhaps from a wider range of organs or from new Uber's.

The problem is the Hellfire ring is rarely worth the effort unless you can get carried on MP10 for the guaranteed drops. I don't really mind RNG on the ring and getting the keys, but considering the NV requirement and the time it can take many players to kill the Ubers, to only have a "chance" at loot even with NV5 unless you're on MP10 is just really not pleasant. For the most part, the ones that can "easily" farm this are the ones that don't need it. The Ubers should be the challenge, not the stupid HP scaling brought on by MP levels. Basically, the players that can easily farm MP10 don't even need the Hellfire ring since anything but a godly one (very rare) is going to be such a DPS loss that they'd be better off just not farming for it and using their high DPS items and maintaining a faster kill time per monster.

It was designed as a sort of "endgame" at the time of its implementation, but it was done in such a backward way as to make solo efforts futile. I've got my three machines all set and ready to go, but the only way I can guarantee gettting the organs for just one attempt at a Hellfire ring is to be carried, and that really sticks in my craw since I do not like being carried. The double RNG isn't farming, it's just purely frustration like most other aspects of the game (monster affixes and their absurd combinations, double or triple CC used on players).

It would be really nice if at least one part of the game actually felt rewarding. Grinding through the first tier of RNG only to encounter a second tier of RNG where unless you're on MP10 you will most likely walk away with nothing at all from the bosses isn't rewarding. That's where the brick wall is. I've only gotten enough keys from the Act 2 key warden for three total machines in what, eight months? Do you honestly think I want to waste all that effort on a series of fights where since I can't take on MP10 I will most likely get nothing out of them?

I'm going to be honest here, and I hope the developers take this to heart because a lot of players feel the same way: too much of this game feels like it's based on punishing the player rather than rewarding them for their efforts. Bad itemization. Horrible RNG on most items making much of what you get trash even for self found characters. Most of the affixes offer nothing skill based for challenge. Monster HP scaling based on an imbalanced trifecta dominated by a single stat that totally throws any realistic balance out of whack.

Why can't the one grind in the game with a tangible goal be something obtainable without being carried or buying your way to the top? And I mean obtainable in a realistic time period. It's frustrating beyond words to be stymied at every turn because the developers couldn't come up with a reasonable way to progress without sinking your entire life into the game just for that one item which itself is already subject to the horrible RNG I mentioned before.

I've obtained three keys in eight months from the Act 2 keywarden. That's enough for one round against each Uber set. Do you really think it feels at all rewarding to have that exact same RNG to look forward to in terms of attempts to get my Hellfire ring, only to have to spend that many more months in all likelihood to get it, only to have it very likely (almost certainly) roll crap affixes?

By the time I'm realistically able to get a Hellfire ring solo (outside of being the luckiest SOB on the planet with RNG on key/organ drops), I'm almost certain to not even need it or have it be a complete downgrade for me.

Tell me, where's the logic in that design?

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 6/7/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People and their expectations of getting whatever they want...

You can't beat mp 10 ubers? The highest difficulty?

Really?

And you feel entitled enough that you should be allowed to beat mp 10 ubers?

Coming from someone who's been here from the before the start of D3... Inferno was originally supposed to be that super difficult game mode where you farm hell for awhile and then go into Inferno for the larger challenge. The problem is Inferno has it's own loot table so people look at Hell and say, "No thanks I want the better items" and then merely whine and complain until Inferno (uber difficult game mode) is nerfed. Introduce Monster Power: Yet another way for players to control the difficulty of the game and now... people complain that Monster Power 10 should be done with their characters.

Now tell me again... are you serious?!?!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

Really?

Who's saying they should be allowed to beat MP10 Ubers? It's the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG that is the problem with just getting a Hellfire ring, let alone one that's anything more than Follower Fodder.

The entire point is to improve your character. Thing is, if you can beat MP10 Ubers on your own, a Hellfire ring is almost certainly a downgrade given the current trifecta system.

As for whining about Inferno getting nerfed, you do realize that at launch Act 2 and higher monsters hit regularly for 200k+ and the loot dropping in Act 1 just wasn't up to snuff to deal with that, right? Totally different issue than that being discussed here.
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 10:44 PMPosted by TheTias
The problem is the Hellfire ring is rarely worth the effort

99% yes it isn't worth it. I might even go further with 99.99%. Compared to D2's Hellfire Torch, D3's is absolutely terrible when it comes to the "reward".

unless you can get carried on MP10 for the guaranteed drops.

Yet the ring still isn't worth it unless you create a ton of them as you have to deal with RNG which wrecks your ring in most cases (thank you + gold pick up and other silly affixes that hardly anyone wants).

The Ubers should be the challenge, not the stupid HP scaling brought on by MP levels.

Yes and no. Either they make the ubers super challenging in that they resemble Belial's fight pre nerf, or they make the fight simply last longer with higher health. So what do you think people would be more annoyed with? Dying from 1 hit attacks? Or taking more time to kill the boss... because I could guess what a lot of Hardcore players would say...

It was designed as a sort of "endgame" at the time of its implementation, but it was done in such a backward way as to make solo efforts futile.

Again comparing to Diablo 2. You fight certain quest bosses to get the certain key which you eventually use to enter another "realm" where you fight another boss that's usually harder which drops the organ. When you have all the organs that are needed you then go fight the ubers (Diablo, Baal, Mephisto) in Tristram which is one crazy fight. Reward is the hellfire torch which has far less RNG where the player is only concerned on how high the "set" stats are rolled - though it's still a reward in the end.

Diablo 3 is less interesting in that the reward has so much rng it usually ends up being thrown into the stash or salvaged. The reward is just plain terrible and resemble the itemization issue in this game as well.

I've got my three machines all set and ready to go, but the only way I can guarantee gettting the organs for just one attempt at a Hellfire ring is to be carried, and that really sticks in my craw since I do not like being carried.

So because you don't like being carried Blizzard should be mp 10 easy for you. Right. I can't do mp 10 myself and have been carried and also fought ubers even on mp 3 (getting organs as well) and it's just something you have to adapt to. Either get better gear, enjoy RNG, or get help from someone to kill them for you.

The double RNG isn't farming, it's just purely frustration like most other aspects of the game (monster affixes and their absurd combinations, double or triple CC used on players).

The only bad RNG is with the ring itself. Toiling away with getting keys and organs is fine until you find that all that time and "effort" is for nothing when you roll a terrible ring.

Grinding through the first tier of RNG only to encounter a second tier of RNG where unless you're on MP10 you will most likely walk away with nothing at all from the bosses isn't rewarding. That's where the brick wall is.

The brick wall or getting help or resulting in using the RMAH (something I have never done because I'm against that idea). I've done ubers on mp 3-5 and have gotten organs so it isn't impossible.

I've only gotten enough keys from the Act 2 key warden for three total machines in what, eight months?

This i can't really believe... otherwise add me and I'll show you why I don't believe (DeMasked#1233. Start on the checkpoint for Vault of the Assassins (I do mp 4/5), get NV5 easily and then run through the oasis until you find that tell tale bubble, clear enemies around you and then kill the warden. Done. I've gotten tons of rings from every act so it is very much possible.

I'm going to be honest here, and I hope the developers take this to heart because a lot of players feel the same way: too much of this game feels like it's based on punishing the player rather than rewarding them for their efforts. Bad itemization. Horrible RNG on most items making much of what you get trash even for self found characters. Most of the affixes offer nothing skill based for challenge. Monster HP scaling based on an imbalanced trifecta dominated by a single stat that totally throws any realistic balance out of whack.

I agree that this game is very imbalanced and is full of issues.

Tell me, where's the logic in that design?

No idea on this one. I honestly would love to see some sort of list of known issues that Blizzard has written down and what they hope to do to counter the issues. But sadly when it comes to communication or transparency I have hardly seen that in D3. Besides waiting on the forums for D3 to "improve" I've been enjoying the Grim Dawn Alpha made by Crate Entertainment and one major thing I've noticed is that they are super communicative with the players and are also really transparent when it comes to the behind the scenes of the games development. Using this as a comparison of games, not intended to be an advertisement.

Anyways I still have slight hope for D3 but it's diminishing as I'm playing a game that I believe will offer more in the end.

Good luck in getting the attention of the blues :)
Reply Quote

Really?

Who's saying they should be allowed to beat MP10 Ubers? It's the RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG that is the problem with just getting a Hellfire ring, let alone one that's anything more than Follower Fodder.

The entire point is to improve your character. Thing is, if you can beat MP10 Ubers on your own, a Hellfire ring is almost certainly a downgrade given the current trifecta system.

As for whining about Inferno getting nerfed, you do realize that at launch Act 2 and higher monsters hit regularly for 200k+ and the loot dropping in Act 1 just wasn't up to snuff to deal with that, right? Totally different issue than that being discussed here.

Oh I agree that the RNG of the ring is terrible. The process of getting the parts of the ring is entirely doable however. So I'm only against changing that as the challenge/rng/farming should be their but the reward should actually be seen to be related to the definition of "reward" because the RNG and terrible non scale able proc on that ring makes the time and effort worthless.

Pre inferno nerf I managed to get to the start of act 3. Rare items actually had a use since the legendary weapons at least were terrible in comparison. My initial comparison is the whole "a: too hard to get b: the reward of inferno items/beating inferno" which I hope you can see does relate to "a: too hard to kill mp 10 ubers by myself to get b: higher chance of getting a ring which will probably suck".

But whatever hey? Blizzard has changed their philosophy plenty of times with D3, so why not do so again? Paragon levels would've been frowned upon by Blizzard in the past (level 60 vs. level 99 in D2 - Blizzard's response is too much time grinding and it would be boring to get to level 99 - thus having 160 "levels" makes plenty of sense). Inferno was supposed to be the challenge you work up to, yet they changed that to be simply the next difficulty for you to complete (pretty much the new hell....). Rare items were designed to be allowed to become better then Legendary/Set items........... need I actually go on with that one?

So yea... if they do change their "legendary/set items have RNG affixes" philosophy for D3 I wouldn't be surprised. Patch 1.0.9 is coming so maybe that's what they'll do lol.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 6/7/2013 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In all attempts I had up to MP7 ive only got 1 eye, have over 15 of each of the other 2 items still.

The 1 ring i did craft was not useable.

Lost interest in doing more runs with ubers.

I have helped mates do runs, they got eyes and I didn't.

RNG can pee you off a lot
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Soulseeker78
the annoying part for me is that I can farm the keys in MP10. But there is absolutely no way I can solo the uber bosses on mp10. We're not talkin a small difference in difficulty either. We're talkin light years.

This, but I'm on MP4-6.
Gohm & Rak are cake. The others are horrible horrible repair bills.
Still not even 1 ring for me. And I only have 3 machines atm. I'm obviously slow at farming for keys, but even so, 50% drop rate multiples it.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare, could you pass along that it is really a brick wall for a lot of players (especially ones like myself that don't like being carried) to have to do MP10 to get the organs? I can deal with RNG for the keys, but since we have to get NV5 just to do the Ubers, we shouldn't be dealing with that second tier of RNG, which then turns into a third tier when the ring is crafted (rolled).

It really has to suck for players that have a "chance" for loot if not on MP10. I thought the devs were trying not to force an "MP10 or Bust" scenario on players. What happened to that?

This man did say something good, please hear him out! :)
Reply Quote

This man did say something good, please hear him out! :)

^ THIS x 1000%
Reply Quote
Do not make ubers easier.....Seriously an epic trifecta HF ring should be hard to get! They roll an extremely high main stat for a ring, and then on top of that you have the opportunity for ias, cc, cd and avg dmg.....This can be a huge dmg boost and shouldn't be earned easily! If anything, make ubers harder.
Edited by Tr1gg3rH4ppy#1638 on 6/8/2013 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Do not make ubers easier.....Seriously an epic trifecta HF ring should be hard to get! They roll an extremely high main stat for a ring, and then on top of that you have the opportunity for ias, cc, cd and avg dmg.....This can be a huge dmg boost and shouldn't be earned easily! If anything, make ubers harder.

I have been lucky to get a decent HF ring and I have made a lot. It gave me 40k DPS when I crafted it.

I do them regularly to help others get their rings and still enjoy the challenge.

What some players fail to remember is that RNG is just that, but when it does roll your way the feeling is awesome.
Edited by YDFWM#6389 on 6/8/2013 12:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]