Diablo® III

200k dps pure TR Monk possible without IAS?

Hello everyone... I'm closing in on what appears to be the end of gearing my TR monk to max capacity prior to finishing off his leveling. Throughout my search, I've tried to, as religiously as possible, stick to adding DPS via IAS, as it inhibits spirit regen.

I do have to wonder though... Is it possible to hit 200k dps on a pure TR Monk in my spec without adding any IAS pieces?

Thanks in advance for any replies. Also, if you have any suggestions for my monk, please don't hesitate to post!
Reply Quote
it's possible. U need nearly perfect rolls on gloves (280+ dex/ 50 cd/10 cc), ammy (high average dmg/ 280+ dex/ 100 cd/10 cc), high dex Inna's items, high cd/ cc/ av dmg Hellfire ring. I think it's not worth it
Reply Quote
I have attack speed on my gloves as well as my pants and it still does fine, and I just broke the 200k mark with a crafted amulet.Not the perfect combo but it clears trash with a one shot...
Reply Quote
Yes, it is possible. My monk has 210k DPS without IAS. I mean except for innas pants.

The difference is i do it without SoJ though, don't really find it necessary. I run an 11.46 spirit regen with circular breathing, with firestorm.

My TR monk is MP10 capable (that doesn't mean that she's efficient), i still stick to dual wield for higher MPs.
Reply Quote
I hit 192k buffed with scoundrel and SoJ with a doom hammer.

With a skorn I'd bet I would be over 200k, but i might have to swap followers to Templar to maintain spirit if I had 1.0aps base.

It's hard, but I bet I could hit it if I dropped alot of my AR and got double dex inna's pieces, and I'm missing alot of dex on my ammy/bracers/gloves.

just wish my hammer had more crit dmg....
Edited by BDF#1838 on 6/9/2013 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm at 197k with soj unbuffed... at least its a pure TR monk
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Shdwflare

Your spec has a spirit generator...how is that pure TR?
Reply Quote
Yep, Im at 206K with only AS on my pants. If I use my WoL SoJ that drop to 186K so not sure if that meets your criteria or not...
Edited by HGJohnny#1268 on 6/9/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Your spec has a spirit generator...how is that pure TR?

talking about gear, not build - i don't even have TR slotted in currently
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 6/9/2013 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
anything is possible if you just believe
Reply Quote
Very nice set up man. :)
Reply Quote
I was 230 with my non-LS skorn, but I have changed since then. I think with perfect rolls you can hit ~325k dps.
Reply Quote
There's some very nice monks who have posted on this thread! I'm glad to see that there's a lot of build diversity in the people who have responded. It definitely gives me some ideas of where to go from here.

I should have been more specific with what I meant by "pure TR monk" when I posted. It was clear in my own head, but after looking at the responses, I can see that I should have added more information.

What I had wondered was if it was possible, and if possible, feasible to hit 200k unbuffed DPS on a TR monk while maintaining infinite TR, wearing a Stone of Jordan, keeping resists above 400, and life around 40k with a ruby in the helm, while maintaining an attack speed of no more than 1.08 with a Skorn. That's my overall goal.

Thank you to everyone who has written in the thread. I appreciate the ideas!
Reply Quote
Possible: Absolutely. If I switched out my Witching Hour for a 290 DEX Blackthorne's belt I'd be at 197k DPS and would hit all of your other requirements. Then grab more expensive Nat boots with 40 more DEX to get up to 199K. Upgrade either Skorn or get a lucky craft on bracers to bump over 200k.

Cheap: No. ;-)

Good luck!
Reply Quote
There's some very nice monks who have posted on this thread! I'm glad to see that there's a lot of build diversity in the people who have responded. It definitely gives me some ideas of where to go from here.

I should have been more specific with what I meant by "pure TR monk" when I posted. It was clear in my own head, but after looking at the responses, I can see that I should have added more information.

What I had wondered was if it was possible, and if possible, feasible to hit 200k unbuffed DPS on a TR monk while maintaining infinite TR, wearing a Stone of Jordan, keeping resists above 400, and life around 40k with a ruby in the helm, while maintaining an attack speed of no more than 1.08 with a Skorn. That's my overall goal.

Thank you to everyone who has written in the thread. I appreciate the ideas!

I don't think it's particularly difficult to achieve those stats, my monk has 204k dps using the templar and 58k hp (little lower resists though since I'm not using owe). Keeping up infinite tr is very simple because you can change your build for what you need (whether it's running circular breathing or inner storm etc.)
Reply Quote
check out mine, but i had gg luck at crafting
Reply Quote
194k dps
1.08 aps
SOJ
Cyclones
Submission

nearly 400k EHP, could very easily drop some of that to crack 200k
Reply Quote
Someone calling my TR monk? =p
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 05:13 AMPosted by FE3DOE
Someone calling my TR monk? =p

Epic zuni boots, but why 9 IAS on pants?

WTB better Crit dmg roll on mai hamma
Edited by BDF#1838 on 6/10/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]