Diablo® III

Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

-Right now it is a pain to farm demonic essences, their drop rate is just too low for an item that much needed by the players,

-Considering the actual drop rate in mp10 is 38.9% it is just extremely low, considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time, it just gets too annoying.

-There are some upgrades that cannont be achieved without crafting at all, i'd like demonic essences to be guaranteed when killin every single elite monster in mp10. That'd be awesome
Reply Quote
-Right now it is a pain to farm demonic essences, their drop rate is just too low for an item that much needed by the players,

-Considering the actual drop rate in mp10 is 38.9% it is just extremely low, considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time, it just gets too annoying.

-There are some upgrades that cannont be achieved without crafting at all, i'd like demonic essences to be guaranteed when killin every single elite monster in mp10. That'd be awesome

You can also drop down to an mp where you can kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time and find them much faster. But that would be crazy, so definitely don't do that.
Reply Quote
Apparently people think that, even just according to Moldran's calculations, over 1/400,000 chance of getting what you want compared to the 2,000-3,000 DE in One Hundred Hours is completely balanced.
Reply Quote
The better solution, by far, is obviously to remove the BoA crap, I really just have no idea why more people don't support that.
Reply Quote
To late jt217. Their game, their rules. No matter how non-sensical and tyrannic the rules are. The whole game/forums is entirely based around a no freedom to do anything system. If they say we are free, it's like being a free dog that's starving.
Reply Quote
You can also drop down to an mp where you can kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time and find them much faster. But that would be crazy, so definitely don't do that.

The problem with that man is that as one lower the mp, so does the drop rate of essences, also it takes me around 30 secs to take down a whole elite group, that is a reasonable amount of time.
Reply Quote
... considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time...

Uh - why do they have to craft so many at once?
Reply Quote
I'm doing some tests, iam farming mp10 act 1 fields of misery and its dungeons, killed a total of 13 elite monsters including the key warden with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor and the MF of level 63 paragon and got NONE ESSENCES.
Reply Quote
Suggestion: Why not give us some demonic essences from salvaging items? They shouldn't be tied only to drops. Any rare Ilvl 62-63 items salvaged should be able to give you DE's. An legendary over Ilvl 60 should give you brimstone and DE upon salvaging. Special events should give DE and any boss should automatically drop a DE.

Blue please read.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Frozen

The problem with that man is that as one lower the mp, so does the drop rate of essences, also it takes me around 30 secs to take down a whole elite group, that is a reasonable amount of time.

How long does it take you to get from one elite group to the next? If you're saying that it takes 30 seconds to kill an elite group on mp10 and we make an assumption like it takes you an average of 10 seconds to run from one elite group to the next, then dropping down to mp6 will increase your DEs/hr 53%.
Reply Quote
Suggestion: Why not give us some demonic essences from salvaging items? They shouldn't be tied only to drops. Any rare Ilvl 62-63 items salvaged should be able to give you DE's. An legendary over Ilvl 60 should give you brimstone and DE upon salvaging. Special events should give DE and any boss should automatically drop a DE.

Blue please read.

Suggestions like these are far more palatable to a balance between supply and demand.
Reply Quote
I get somewhere between 15 and 20 DE's from doing MP1 with a not very uber hero at all, and I think that droprate is well above what's needed.

Edit: 15 and 20 DE's/hour
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 6/10/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Vresiberba
I get somewhere between 15 and 20 DE's from doing MP1 with a not very uber hero at all, and I think that droprate is well above what's needed.

So, poor, weak and still finds the game entertaining enough to hunt for legends. No surprises here as to why your opinion is what it is.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:34 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes

So, poor, weak and still finds the game entertaining enough to hunt for legends. No surprises here as to why your opinion is what it is.

Say, what?!
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Say, what?!

Don't worry about it, very few people realize that they'd be much better off farming (xp/items/DEs) on a lower mp and just do mp10 because they can. For instance, the guy in this thread thinks spending 30 seconds killing a monster is a good idea, it's more or less laughable.
Reply Quote

Say, what?!

Don't worry about it, very few people realize that they'd be much better off farming (xp/items/DEs) on a lower mp and just do mp10 because they can. For instance, the guy in this thread thinks spending 30 seconds killing a monster is a good idea, it's more or less laughable.

Thanks for assuming I collect DE on MP 10 just because I can. I find it stupid to do and a waste of time with the drop rate that exists. They said that MP 10 should be more beneficial, but yet again, they made it worse. If they were smart enough, they'd have a chart that would expand the higher it went. So MP 1 would be the same, MP 5 would improve by 115% and MP 10 would improve by 225%.
Reply Quote
The demonic essence drop rate is already more than 225% higher on mp10 than it is on mp1.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:59 PMPosted by jt217
The demonic essence drop rate is already more than 225% higher on mp10 than it is on mp1.

225% compared to what it is now, compared to itself, not comparative to the lowest MP. Experience and drop rates scale extremely comparative to lower MPs, yet DE does not. Why are you now defending what you were just arguing about anyway?
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/10/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:53 PMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
I find it stupid to do and a waste of time with the drop rate that exists.

Well, if you find it beneath you to farm DE's on MP1, then that's on you. The rest of us realise that 20 DE's per hour is by far adequate.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Vresiberba
I find it stupid to do and a waste of time with the drop rate that exists.

Well, if you find it beneath you to farm DE's on MP1, then that's on you. The rest of us realise that 20 DE's per hour is by far adequate.

Well, considering my DPS is to high to do MP 1 efficiently, since even in MP 5 most of the time I spend is walking, I'm pretty sure, just pretty sure, that MP 1 is a waste of my time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]