Diablo® III

Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

first of al i wanne say i play on eu not us
but wanted to let this know to a blue

06/11/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Lylirra
On what MP do you typically farm?

on mp6 /5 at the moment a lvl 60 paragon 27 barb

Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

i farm when i have time but i pick them up as soon as i see them =)
i always do the same runs act 3 beginning quests till gnom and act one festering /weeping hollow for keys act 2 not so mutch

About how many Essences do you pick up in a session?

like 3 but not more =/ i can craft then 3 chests or gloves or other soulbound items but thats it =/
and i do that always after my run i dont let them stack up
got some great rolls 2 ^^ happy with my gloves and bracers =P but yeah always can do beter =P

Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

read last answer but will tell it again always after the run i have picked them up

When it comes to crafting, is gold the limiting factor for you or are Essences?

not realy ^^ i pick up everything blue yellow only no white and salvage or sell =P not like most players that leave everything sitting there like all blue and most yellow i got over 100k per run only from loot ^^ if i am lucky

How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount would be better than what you see currently?

yeah like a keywarden make him drop a demonic essence i dont know maby 3 is good but on mp6 =/ dont know realy but hey you got my opinion now . maby because i use them like after eatch run it does not look mutch but actualy is but realy dont know for sure

Thanks!

youre welcome Lylirra
hope this helps i know you will read this =P
Edited by dutchy666#2104 on 6/12/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how about making demonessences drop from ubers or keywardens? as 100%
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/12/2013 03:12 PMPosted by dutchy666
hope this helps i know you will read this =P

Indeed!
Reply Quote
I think the comments on this thread and other related threads evidence an important point. You have a number of people saying they have too many essences to be able to craft with all of them. Almost without exception those are people with gear/dps skewing to the lower end such that you would expect them to be efficiently farming lower MPs.

The people with higher end gear/dps almost universally never have enough essence and don't have gold problems. And you would expect those people to more efficiently be farming higher MPs.

It's no surprise that people on the higher end of gear have plenty of gold to craft using DE. Any upgrade costs billions and billions. People with lower end gear/dps can still purchase reasonable upgrades and that's where their gold is going.

TLDR? The issue here seems fairly obvious. The drop rate is higher than it needs to be at lower MP's and lower than it needs to be at higher MPs.
Reply Quote
the rate is ok in my opinion...if you are going through mp10, you probably dont need essences or are killing too slow for the 100% extra drop chance

and the cost is too high...the people that need to be sunk arent ...the poor remain poor and the rich get richer.. maybe some sort of percentage based cost + fixed amount
Reply Quote
The problem with one of the posters, is he states that gold is not a problem because he picks up all blues and yellows. Even if you do that you make like 100k-150k an hour, which is literally nothing, but lets you craft what? At most 2-3 items?

Yet, I can make way more essences per hour than I can use. If I had billions of gold, then sure, the essence rate would never be high enough.

I personally think the prices are a bit too high to craft atm, I know its supposed to be a gold sink, but its really not affecting the people who already have billions, and/or the AH prices. It does affect the rest of us tho, who play 1-3 hours a day, and can only craft so many things, which lets face it, have a VERY high probability to suck, or save our gold for a week and buy MAYBE one upgrade of the AH.

I'm not sure what the answer is to the "gold sink" to keep prices from hitting insane values, which they have for most of us, perhaps an idea is to have these craftables lower in craft cost (gold) but have a higher level pattern that can possibly roll a 7th affix, but costs double the gold/essence to craft, and it has say a 10% chance to get the 7th roll. This would give high level players with tons of gold something to burn gold on, but not shaft the people who don't have billions?

I know, someone will argue that "then people will complain they can't get bis still", I don't think the argument for most is "having best in slot" but having the ability to upgrade and "progress". At this point to "faceroll" MP10, you literally have to spend billions of gold, get UBER lucky, or use the RMAH.

Just an idea.
Reply Quote
the rate is ok in my opinion...if you are going through mp10, you probably dont need essences or are killing too slow for the 100% extra drop chance

and the cost is too high...the people that need to be sunk arent ...the poor remain poor and the rich get richer.. maybe some sort of percentage based cost + fixed amount

It's comments like these that just demonstrate how uninformed many of the "drop rate is fine" posters are:

First, you don't need essences if you are farming mp10? What? Farming essences for the potential BIS craft is THE (and the only) endgame. The reverse of this is true. If you are farming at low levels you don't "need" essences. You can get upgrades from normal drops/legendary drops. On top of that, you don't need very many essences at that level to craft gear that is probably better than most drop gear.

Second, the cost of crafting makes the rich get richer? What? How does crafting 1000's of pieces of BOA gear make the rich richer? There's not even any potential for that. Ridiculous.

Third, 100% extra drop chance? What are you talking about?
Edited by dolemite#1751 on 6/12/2013 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I personally think the prices are a bit too high to craft atm, I know its supposed to be a gold sink, but its really not affecting the people who already have billions, and/or the AH prices. It does affect the rest of us tho, who play 1-3 hours a day, and can only craft so many things, which lets face it, have a VERY high probability to suck, or save our gold for a week and buy MAYBE one upgrade of the AH.

You understand the reason that it does not affect people who have billions is because they can't ever get enough essences to spend those billions on crafting, right? And, in fact, they are likely to get just as much gold farming as is sunk with the drop rate on mp10 being as low as it is.

Again, all what you say establishes is that DE drop rate is arguably too high at the low end of MPs and certainly too low at the high end of MPs.
Reply Quote

It's comments like these that just demonstrate how uninformed many of the "drop rate is fine" posters are:

First, you don't need essences if you are farming mp10? What? Farming essences for the potential BIS craft is THE (and the only) endgame. The reverse of this is true. If you are farming at low levels you don't "need" essences. You can get upgrades from normal drops/legendary drops. On top of that, you don't need very many essences at that level to craft gear that is probably better than most drop gear.

Second, the cost of crafting makes the rich get richer? What? How does crafting 1000's of pieces of BOA gear make the rich richer? There's not even any potential for that. Ridiculous.

Third, 100% extra drop chance? What are you talking about?

its simple..if you are farming mp10 too slowly to get many DE, you should drop to mp7 and stop complaining...

people with billions of gold who have abused AH can simply buy the best items by sniping and reselling to craft more...thats how they became billionaires in the first place

ridiculous

edit : and you get bonus drops for mp10..
Edited by unholy#1141 on 6/12/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You understand the reason that it does not affect people who have billions is because they can't ever get enough essences to spend those billions on crafting, right? And, in fact, they are likely to get just as much gold farming as is sunk with the drop rate on mp10 being as low as it is.

Again, all what you say establishes is that DE drop rate is arguably too high at the low end of MPs and certainly too low at the high end of MPs.

Pretty sure I alluded to the fact that it does nothing to stop people with billions from having those billions and accumulating with nothing to spend it on, and I offered a solution, maybe not a superb solution but an idea at least for a high level gold sink.
Reply Quote
[quote]
its simple..if you are farming mp10 too slowly to get many DE, you should drop to mp7 and stop complaining...

people with billions of gold who have abused AH can simply buy the best items by sniping and reselling to craft more...thats how they became billionaires in the first place

ridiculous

edit : and you get bonus drops for mp10..

You simply don't understand the issue. The normative point is that farming MP10 when you have sufficient DPS to do so efficiently ought to provide some DE drop benefit. It doesn't at the current incremental increase. The most efficient DE farming at any DPS level should not be MP5-7. That is a poorly designed system. You don't understand this because you haven't put in nearly enough play time to understand it. You're simply uninformed.

As to your point about people with billions of gold and AH practices, even if you're right, this really has nothing to do with DE drop rates and increasing DE drop rates won't change what you're complaining about.

Are you seriously suggesting that people who snipe and resell will do it MORE because of the DE drop rate? That is ridiculous. They currently have all the incentive that they need to generate gold because they can convert it to real money on the RMAH. Giving people an in-game gold sink is not going to increase flipping.

Finally, as to the double drop, it is not 100% drop increase, and no one end game farms for items anyways. All of the legendaries in this game come from gold/item farmer bots. Not people farming MP10 for double drops. You just don't get it.
Reply Quote
i get it

you feel entitled to more DE for whatever reason

MP 0: 15.0000%
MP 1: 16.5000%
MP 2: 18.1500%
MP 3: 19.9650%
MP 4: 21.9615%
MP 5: 24.1577%
MP 6: 26.5734%
MP 7: 29.2308%
MP 8: 32.1538%
MP 9: 35.3692%
MP 10: 38.9061%

you do get a bonus for mp10 farming DE...you dont like it?? kill faster...cant? AH more.
Reply Quote
i get it

you do get a bonus for mp10 farming DE...you dont like it?? kill faster...cant? AH more.

Why don't you work on getting more dps so that you can farm MP10 and then you can come back and provide comments here?
Reply Quote
my monk and barb handle mp10 just fine

i get poor DE/hour ...but i dont get upset about that..when im low, i go for mp7

glad to help you out bro
Reply Quote
I find a bunch of essences on Mp1 or 2 on hardcore, seems like 1 out of 3 elites drops one.

Why don't you crybabies just start asking for 2-5 essences per elite pack? Would that be enough?
Reply Quote
I think the Droprates on the Essences is fine...

What i dont think is fine though...
When you craft "Shoulders of Intelligence", and they come out with 300 Str. for example.

While the Gameplay is really Great now (this is coming from a so called "Hater" ), the Affixes/Suffixes are still a terrible Mess.

Intelligence Shoulders should only have THAT... Intelligence ;)
and perhaps Vita.

Wands should ONLY HAVE Int.
Mighty Weapons should ONLY HAVE Str.
Bows should ONLY HAVE Dex.

etc
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 6/12/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the Droprates on the Essences is fine...

What i dont think is fine though...
When you craft "Shoulders of Intelligence", and they come out with 300 Str. for example.

While the Gameplay is really Great now (this is coming from a so called "Hater" ), the Affixes/Suffixes are still a terrible Mess.

Intelligence Shoulders should only have THAT... Intelligence ;)
and perhaps Vita.

Wands should ONLY HAVE Int.
Mighty Weapons should ONLY HAVE Str.
Bows should ONLY HAVE Dex.

etc

Well, you clearly have decent enough gear, but do you purposefully farm for DE? If you don't, that's why you see it as fine. People like myself, generally farm for specifics. Since DE is not only gambling, which I find fun, it is one of the most viable ways to upgrade your gear. Especially considering how extremely rare it's become to get a good legendary item, that it's become a waste of time.

i get it

Apparently Det0x, a 500k unbuffed barb, he farms MP 5-7 for DE. Is that not enough proof for you?
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
Please don't make this game any easier to acquire items.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Kranus
Please don't make this game any easier to acquire items.

Says the person hiding behind their warcraft profile.
Reply Quote
Your post is pretty interesting, because most threads I've seen (both here and on other Diablo fan sites) typically say that Essences drop too frequently. I'm glad you created it, since it's generated a lot of great debate on the topic.

Couple of questions for you so I can get a bit of context for where your feedback is coming from (anyone is welcome to chime in):

- On what MP do you typically farm?

- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

- About how many Essences do you pick up in a session?

- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

- When it comes to crafting, is gold the limiting factor for you or are Essences?

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount would be better than what you see currently?

Thanks!

This is supposed to be a gold sink, correct? If you seen my post, you can understand what I mean by why it is badly scaled. Anyone who has the money and can barely upgrade, want to use this means of upgrading. Thus, they hunt for them specifically. A 500k dps barb doesn't even farm MP 10 for them because you will not ever get more than a lower MP unless of course you have like 1m dps unbuffed or some crap. All the people who are satisfied with the drop rate are the people who don't farm for them.

Please, if you don't remember what I said, please feel free to check it again. If someone in the top 5% of players is having to dumb down the difficulty to reap rewards, that's an issue. One of you said you don't want MP 10 to feel forced for higher rewards. All the people who want to farm for them, are already able to handle MP 10 easily and the people who are fine with it don't even farm for them, throw them away (dumbest thing I've ever read) or simply cannot afford to use them and have 100s-1,000s stock piled, while the really high end players can't manage to get enough.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/12/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]