Diablo® III

Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

+1 MORE DEMONIC ESSENCE PLEASE
Reply Quote
The drop rate is WAY too HIGH

I have thousands. I dont even bother picking them up all the time

I think you are trolling, your comment has no background, also the fact that you have 'thousands' of DE's doesn't mean you are swiming in a demonic essence pool, thousands mean something more like few opportunities, you'll realize that when you start to craft some real amounts of items with real intentions of getting upgrades.
Reply Quote
- On what MP do you typically farm?

MP10

- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

Sometimes I make essences run, but usually not.

- About how many Essences do you pick up in a session?

0-7

- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

Waiting untill I get 100

- When it comes to crafting, is gold the limiting factor for you or are Essences?

No

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount would be better than what you see currently?

In a 1 farming session usually 10-15 Elites going down. Probably its about luck, bu usually I get maximum 4 essences. In rare occasions I get like 5-6, 7 - better than best. Ideally I wanna around 70-80% drop rate on MP10, so 8-12 would be perfect. I think that amount would be better because crafted items: 1. BoA. 2. Usually crap.
I need 5-7 hours to get 100, and often I get just nothing. For example all gloves usually giving -40kdps for me. Nothing even with 2 useful affixes (cc, cd, as).
Reply Quote
Our 0.02,

8-10

- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

Both.

15-20 in an hour.

- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

Depends if we have gold on hand, and the other associated materials.

- When it comes to crafting, is gold the limiting factor for you or are Essences?

Gold is, frankly 50-100k per craft is actually quite hefty for a player who plays normally without either flipping AH/RMAH items, getting a lucky drop, or who bots. The gold drops simply don't give you that much - on an average hour we'll net something like 500k or so which is a paltry 5 crafting attempts.

Gold has become less of an issue after we picked up 2-3 items worth 100m+ but before, it was quite terrible, would have close to 200 essences sitting in stash with no way to use them simply because the running budget was in the range of a million or two.

Itemization in this game is in dire need of improvement; something like a guaranteed RNG free reward after enough work is put in, not RNG all the way and maybe never get anything - ever.

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount would be better than what you see currently?

30-40 would be reasonable, that or the crafting affix system could be tweaked somewhat; don't see why a barbarian should be rolling for example 200 INT on some STR shoulders.

Thanks!
Edited by LordDemacus#1500 on 6/14/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Lylirra
Sure things, guys. I'll take a look. :)
Really? It is just a guy who is under geared for higher MPs, and wants the DE drop to compensate for it.

If you are more effective farming DEs in a lower MP, then that's the MP where you are actually efficient at farming. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
The drop rate on MP10 'feels' much lower than say, MP6-8. I'll do A3 or A1 (Weeping/FoM/Decaying(if spawned)/Festering) with the Barb on MP10...and average less than 5 DE. I'll do some of the same exact runs with DH/Wiz/Monk in the lower MP's and come walking away with 10+ DE. It makes no sense.
Reply Quote

If you are more effective farming DEs in a lower MP, then that's the MP where you are actually efficient at farming. Simple as that.

No, its much more then that.

MP 1 - 6, Its "better" to farm Elites because you will net more Legendaries per hour while on MP 7 - 10 you will net more from random trash. Because Legendaries are where the gold is at, naturally you'll farm whichever one is going to net you more Legendaries.

This fact causes those people in MP7+ to get less effective Demonic Essence per hour then any other MP level, ever. While you could rectify this by not killing every random trash thing for your Legenaries, who wants to do that?

Its a Lose-win, win-lose situation there is no Win-Win. You cannot currently have both more legendaries and more Demonic Essence you have to choose between farming Demonic Essence or farming legendaries when playing on higher MP7+ levels, and even then usually its MP5/6 that will give you the most Demonic Essence.

Playing on higher MP levels should reward you in every way possible not penalize you especially in drops, namely in this situation, Demonic Essence.
Edited by Mahoraba#1282 on 6/14/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In ALL reality, the main problem with needing so many essences is because you can have such a HUGE range in dps gain/lose between what you make. My best necklace isnt that great, but the ONLY thing i ever see is between 20 to 30k damage LOSS and i have made hundreds upon hundreds. That is a huge range, Blizzard specifically changed the way stats were on items because they wanted us to look at the item and have to actually think if it was an upgrade or not, now all we do is look for an item that we pray has a green stat showing. You literally have to roll something at or near perfect or items are JUNK. Once you change these underlying problems with items needing to hit all perfect rolls we will continue to complain about how the system is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
actually i do mp8 on my wiz in pub games and i have no problem getting demonic essance on act 1
Reply Quote

MP5

I don't farm for essences specifically

0-1

I've been stocking them and I've never been able to use them. only have 39

Both

I honestly don't even really know what they're for. I know i've played 200 hours or so and i rarely see that many if any.
Reply Quote
I farm on MP1 and have more DE's than i know what to do with. I've recently swapped to self-found and the limiting factors are both money and tomes.
When I get to 60 tomes, it's either use the blacksmith or craft some gems.
This seems to be about right for the gold drop rate, I don't sell on the AH and my gold fluctuates by about 1mil.
PS i'd love the other blacksmith items to drop by about two- thirds in price, then I'd start crafting them too.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just wanted to jump back in and say "thanks!" for all the responses. So long as you keep posting your opinions/personal experiences, I'll continue reading/collecting them and passing the data along to our devs. :)
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Mahoraba
Its a Lose-win, win-lose situation there is no Win-Win. You cannot currently have both more legendaries and more Demonic Essence you have to choose between farming Demonic Essence or farming legendaries when playing on higher MP7+ levels, and even then usually its MP5/6 that will give you the most Demonic Essence.

Oauw, so you have to compromise? That's so outrageous!!! I want it all too, exactly at the same time always. But then I realise the world doesn't quite work like that.

What happened to the people playing Diablo 2? What happened to The Pit runs, Countess and Cow Levels? You were always farming for different things, in different places at different times. Now people want it all, at once. And quickly.

Sigh...
Reply Quote
Oauw, so you have to compromise? That's so outrageous!!! I want it all too, exactly at the same time always. But then I realize the world doesn't quite work like that.

The word "Compromise" makes it sound so easy while in truth, Demonic Essence has become such a important item that when you start to get to the end of the road in gearing you need so much of it to even have a chance at crafting that upgrade.

This game has and always will be a hunt for the loot, the chance at finding loot is already extremely small, doing anything that lowers that chance takes fun away from the already dwindling fun that exists within Diablo 3.

Choices for things need to exist, but not for an item so core to the game, higher MP levels do not need to be penalized for playing the game the best and most fun way possible. This Demonic Essence problem only exists in the higher MP levels which is why the opinions are so scattered.
Reply Quote
I just cleared Act1 MP1 and got zero essences. About 3 times, elites only dropped 1 rare when I had full valor. I'm wondering if there might be a bug.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Mahoraba
Oauw, so you have to compromise? That's so outrageous!!! I want it all too, exactly at the same time always. But then I realize the world doesn't quite work like that.

The word "Compromise" makes it sound so easy while in truth, Demonic Essence has become such a important item that when you start to get to the end of the road in gearing you need so much of it to even have a chance at crafting that upgrade.

This game has and always will be a hunt for the loot, the chance at finding loot is already extremely small, doing anything that lowers that chance takes fun away from the already dwindling fun that exists within Diablo 3.

Choices for things need to exist, but not for an item so core to the game, higher MP levels do not need to be penalized for playing the game the best and most fun way possible. This Demonic Essence problem only exists in the higher MP levels which is why the opinions are so scattered.

That person is a troll. Don't bother acknowledging what they say as it clearly has no value. This person and a lot of other people make an argument that has absolutely no basis. They just simply say, you're making the game easier. Apparently making your player run in 1 less circle makes the game easier. Apparently, it makes a game harder if you add more time to it. Essentially, if it took you literally 24 hours to get from point A to point B only to be disappointed, that makes the game harder than if it only took 12 hours.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just wanted to jump back in and say "thanks!" for all the responses. So long as you keep posting your opinions/personal experiences, I'll continue reading/collecting them and passing the data along to our devs. :)

When's the devs going to get back some info to us? It's been a LONG time.
Reply Quote
If they do increase the drop rates, will it be done as a hotfix or will we have to wait until the next patch?
If we have to wait until the patch, might as well quit now.

I play my barb on mp10 doing A1 runs (Woods, Hollow, Fields, Manor) mostly and usually get around 12-15 elites but only end up with 0-4 DE at the end of each run.
I don't feel that I should have to lower the mp level down and farm only for DE just to maybe get a reasonable amount.
We should be able to farm mp10 if that's where we have the most fun and not be penalised by getting poor drops of a BoA material. There should be better scaling compared to the MP level.
Reply Quote
Most likely this was already said,

I think essences should be a guaranteed drop on mp10, and 9% less of a drop for each mp level lower than that. that would be a 19% drop rate at mp1, 10% at mp0 if even allowed at all. If you realy feel froggy give them a 1% drop rate on hell act 4.

Im trying to craft bracers right now and im always out of essences. its a pain that they aren't a guaranteed drop on mp10.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]