Diablo® III

Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

I don't like crafting because it ISN'T crafting: it's a high-risk gamble that creates a resource drain on each usage. Some people may like this; I don't, because I think it's a joke that I should pick an item, give a bunch of gold and items to Mr. Blacksmith or Mr. Jewelcrafter, and accept whatever crap I get as a "reward."

I don't expect a video game to be realistic, but no one is going to order a customized object in real life, pay big bucks, and then accept a broken, improperly made object. But, that's what crafting is!

The real answer is to make Demonic Essences tradeable, so people like me who don't intend on using them can supply them to those that do. Why?

D3 is a base-level game. There aren't expansions; all level 60 gear is essentially the same "tier."
Demonic essences make yellow items that SHOULDN'T be BIS. Yet, the mat is untradeable.
Fiery brimstones make orange items that SHOULD be BIS. They are tradeable.
Anyone see the issue here?

The base game of D3 essentially prioritizes same-tier sub-legendary mats as more valuable then legendary mats. That is painfully nonsensical.

LOL I like your train of thoughts here. I agree, making them tradeable would not affect me at all. However as I stated early the reason they are not tradeable is because the Dev's claim that making people farm them keep people playing. Your right I could sell 500 DE right now for whatever the markets going for and pocket that gold instead of filling my stash up with them for some future use.
Reply Quote
nahhh i just fins enought demonic essence stop raise this drop rate
Reply Quote
The ppl that have a bundle of DE and are fine with the drop rate of DE are people who themselves cant use them to craft because they lack the means of have substantial gold that is required or dont do high mp in relation to their gear. Why cant the rate of DE increase by 10% per mp level, that way it is more rewarding to do high mp considering that this game is mostly pay to win, so let us play to win and farm DE
Reply Quote
The drop rate needs to be raised, no harm will be done to the game and it will keep players on D3 for a while longer.

Currently, the game is dying. Many people are leaving because nothing will happen for 6 months.

A simple hotfix Blizzard...
Reply Quote
The drop rate needs to be raised, no harm will be done to the game and it will keep players on D3 for a while longer.

Currently, the game is dying. Many people are leaving because nothing will happen for 6 months.

Yes, I agree with that notion, it gives a sense of reward where if you increase difficulty you are rewarded. I like playing high mp, but I also know that the drop rate is more efficient at lower level, just like pre 1.08 where it was more efficient to do runs at Act III+low mp until it was changed which made the game more appealing. This concept, if applied, will be similar if they increase the drop rates per mp by 10% (just like the keys).
Reply Quote
Not to necro this thread, but I agree that Demonic Essence drop rate should be a bit higher. I don't necessarily think you (Blizzard) should up the drop rate itself in fact lower it maybe over all but allow normal mobs to drop DE as well. That way when we can play the game the way it was intended to be played, going from zone to zone slaughtering hordes of enemies and some elites building up our Neph valor and continuing on, rather than running VotA over and over again, because it has the highest concentration of elites, and Neph valor doesn't matter in this case.

Other things like allowing legendary items to give one demonic essence, or even a small chance for yellow and blue items to give us some demonic essence would help as well. Either way if crafting is our gold sink, then it doesn't make much sense that one of the main ingredients for crafting is so scarce.
Reply Quote

Then let it die. They keep nerfing everything it won't be worth playing anyway. Here is the problem, the flippers decided they want to craft and don't have de's because they never played. let them farm for them just as it is now. They flipped got all the mats and now ant an easy road to the crafted gear. Meanwhile the players have tthe de's and need to get mats. Blizzard was wise in making them boa.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 8/16/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem is your can drop 100,000 DEs on an item and not beat something you beat on the AH. Unless we can modify BOA Archon crafts---and based on Wyatt Cheng's interview with Diablofans, this doesn't seem likely, because Blizzard would make less money, they would only let you modify non-BOA items "one-time" in a "RNG roll on 1 affix" and then make it "BOA and non-modifyable", this will never change.

Loot 2.0, Expac, nothing is going to change, this game will still be ruled by RMAH.
Reply Quote
Why not allow Demonic Essence trade able in AH. Those who have spare can sell them.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 11:47 PMPosted by wikitata
Why not allow Demonic Essence trade able in AH. Those who have spare can sell them.

I would like to see them tradable too, although I can see good reasons for why they are not.
Reply Quote
Why is this thread still going?
Reply Quote
Hi, here is a way for you to easily visualize the point of this thread..

1) Put up the table row of monster health per MP level.
2) Put the row of DE drop rate below it.
3) Realize its tuned to keep people out of MP10.
Reply Quote
guys watching this guy crafting 1000 amulets ... even if you get 100% drop rate on Mp10 ... it will not do much when you need around 140 000 crafts to get a really good amulet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fo9W0DJafk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]