Diablo® III

Raise the drop rate of Demonic Essences

I have almost 800 in my stash. Drop rate seems fine to me.
Maybe when I start crafting for another toon
I will feel differently.

You will, for real.

I just wish they scaled up better with higher mps. As it is now it is actually better to play super low mps, which I feel is stupid.
Reply Quote
I have almost 800 in my stash. Drop rate seems fine to me.
Maybe when I start crafting for another toon
I will feel differently.

You will, for real.

I just wish they scaled up better with higher mps. As it is now it is actually better to play super low mps, which I feel is stupid.

Yes, very stupid. They fixed experience, why not this?
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/10/2013 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+
Reply Quote
I don't need upgrades but I do agree with the OP that rates should be increased. Everyone who plays this game has a different story or perspective, but just looking at rates alone:

I run Warriors Rest 30 times on MP9, only get 2-3( my bad luck this morning)

Switch to my other toon running vota on MP3, kill 7-8 elites and 5-6 DE's

RNG whatever. It's unbalanced. The change I think would be most beneficial is to have DE drop rates scale the same as key drops based on MP.

For those players with 800-1000 DEs sitting in your stash, good for you! This change to the drop rates would not effect you one bit, other than more DE'S collecting dust in your stash.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Frozen
The problem with that man is that as one lower the mp, so does the drop rate of essences
Everything depends on your current gear.

Drop rate per elite group killed is not the only factor, another important factor is amount of elites you can kill in a given time. If you can greatly increase the amount of elites you kill in an hour, then you'll get more demonic essences in lower MPs.

Anecdotically, I find far more essences in an hour in MP1 than MP3. I prefer Mp3 because Mp1 bores me though.
Reply Quote
crafting should not exist and should be replaced with gambling, most ppl craft themselves to victory thats like buying something from the AH.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 09:30 AMPosted by DrWildi
crafting should not exist and should be replaced with gambling, most ppl craft themselves to victory thats like buying something from the AH.

Craftable BOA items are potentially better than any item available on AH... with perfect rolls. Crafting for victory is the only viable option for many players in most slots. If that's not you then why bother posting?
Reply Quote
or have the item available at AH.. that should bring lots of DE farmers to supply u with lots of DE..
Reply Quote
Please Blizz, whatever you do, don't succumb to these suggestions.

06/11/2013 09:49 AMPosted by ragnakore
or have the item available at AH.. that should bring lots of DE farmers to supply u with lots of DE..
And kill the whole reason the BoA items were introduced for in the first place.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Kyrone
Yes. This is because the amount I get is by far enough for any player. You even get twice that, so I say it, yet again; 20/hour is enough for Diablo 3. This is my opinion, what part of that is it you don't get.

You are the perfect example of a clueless D3 player. None of your characters has 200k+ dps. Of course 20 DEs per hour NOW seem enough for you.

Get to 220k dps and then try to get an upgrade through crafting. I dare you.

Then you can come back and talk, because then you will know what you talk about.

Seriously, I can't figure why you noobs have to talk so much when you obviously have not even the slightest clue about the topic.

So many words and so little substance. You dare me to spend my gold so that I double my DPS? Ouaw.

Take your juvenile and condescending bullship somewhere else and let the grown-ups be.
Reply Quote
Aaaaand it's the 7th thread about this in 2 weeks.

Still, no response of a blue, yay.

Sure, it's WAY more important to brabble about hellfire rings or which dungeons they like to loot. Great fun.

Anyways, drop rate needs to be significantly raised, it doesn't scale with monster health and crafting necessity:

- Monster health:

On MP5, which is currently the most efficient MP to farm DEs, monsters have 639% health and a drop chance of 24%.
Monsters on MP10 have 3439% health and a drop chance of 38.9%.

A FIVE TIMES higher amount of health with not even a 15% increased drop chance?

This doesn't make any sense.

- Crafting necessity:

Once you hit a certain dps amount, your upgrades will cost you billions. Any player who doesn't use the RMAH or doesn't flip items won't reach that amount of gold, let's just face it.

Thus, his only chance to get upgrades lies in crafting, as farming items is about as efficient as trying to find a gold coin in the pacific.

But in order to get a good item, the rolls need to be the right ones and on top of that need to be high values. Statistically, this will take a player tens of thousands of essences.

10.000 essences take 330 hours to farm by the way. And this amount of essences won't give you good items on all craftable spots, it will maybe give you 2 good items.

Anyone in their right mind can't tell me that you have to play a game 300+ hours for only a chance to get a good item while someone just drops 50$ and gets 5 good items.

You could also be trying to play your other characters instead of just your barb.

I guess what I'm missing is the WoW mentality of playing one character indefinitely and always being about to make it better. I've always had the Diablo mentality of leveling a character and gearing a character and having it be finished, so I can move on to the next one.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Vresiberba

You are the perfect example of a clueless D3 player. None of your characters has 200k+ dps. Of course 20 DEs per hour NOW seem enough for you.

Get to 220k dps and then try to get an upgrade through crafting. I dare you.

Then you can come back and talk, because then you will know what you talk about.

Seriously, I can't figure why you noobs have to talk so much when you obviously have not even the slightest clue about the topic.

So many words and so little substance. You dare me to spend my gold so that I double my DPS? Ouaw.

Take your juvenile and condescending bullship somewhere else and let the grown-ups be.

What I find hilarious is that he's like "Yeah, 20 an hour seems ok now! but with better gear, you'll find that you'll need MORE!"

He's the perfect example of a mindless D3 player bound to addiction. He plays the game SPECIFICALLY to get upgrades and, therefore, he must. Anything that prevents him to get his fix is an imbalance of some sort and that's a big deal because he takes it seriously. Because he's suffering from that, he assumes that everybody else would act this way because that's how he's acting and he's got some insights on the game like no other.

"You DARE disagree with me? Well you OBVIOUSLY haven't played the game like I have! Do the same stupid thing I did and come back to me to talk about how I was right!"

"We can't have a conversation because you're not agreeing with my ground-breaking suggestion!"
Reply Quote
Community Manager
-Right now it is a pain to farm demonic essences, their drop rate is just too low for an item that much needed by the players,

-Considering the actual drop rate in mp10 is 38.9% it is just extremely low, considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time, it just gets too annoying.

-There are some upgrades that cannont be achieved without crafting at all, i'd like demonic essences to be guaranteed when killin every single elite monster in mp10. That'd be awesome

Your post is pretty interesting, because most threads I've seen (both here and on other Diablo fan sites) typically say that Essences drop too frequently. I'm glad you created it, since it's generated a lot of great debate on the topic.

Couple of questions for you so I can get a bit of context for where your feedback is coming from (anyone is welcome to chime in):

- On what MP do you typically farm?

- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

- About how many Essences do you pick up in a session?

- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

- When it comes to crafting, is gold the limiting factor for you or are Essences?

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount would be better than what you see currently?

Thanks!
Edited by Lylirra on 6/11/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think "How much gold do you spend on crafting" is an important question too. If someone has billions floating around, there's no way he will ever find enough DE to craft.
Reply Quote
-Right now it is a pain to farm demonic essences, their drop rate is just too low for an item that much needed by the players,

-Considering the actual drop rate in mp10 is 38.9% it is just extremely low, considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time, it just gets too annoying.

-There are some upgrades that cannont be achieved without crafting at all, i'd like demonic essences to be guaranteed when killin every single elite monster in mp10. That'd be awesome

Your post is pretty interesting, because most threads I've seen (both here and on other Diablo fan sites) typically say that Essences drop too frequently. I'm glad you created it, since it's generated a lot of great debate on the topic.

Couple of questions for you so I can get a bit of context for where your feedback is coming from (anyone is welcome to chime in):

- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically?

- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up?

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount be better than what you see currently?

Thanks!

I farm mp5 VOTA for essences, mp10 public for exp/legendaries.

In a typical VOTA run (including black mines & alcarnus) it will range from 1-6, so typically 3-4. Average 8-10 min.

I like to stock up to 100, and craft in batches of 10, of any excess essences over 100.

I would like to see demonic essence drop rates a bit raised, but I can see validity of having it fairly low (due to ability to craft BIS).
Reply Quote

- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount be better than what you see currently?

Thanks!

I'm not the OP, but I'll answer the questions for you, as a casual player

-MP 4-5 on my monk, who is the best at farming the Essences
- I use the same farm routes, if that's what you're asking, but at paragon 100, I make it a point to go after elites more than anything else
- 3-5, in an hour
- Sometimes I stock, sometimes not. Lately, I've been trying to craft for my other 60's, so I've been crafting them more immediately
- More. The problem comes when crafts are just as useless as they ever have been. I've crafted hundreds of each type (minus maybe chest, not as many), and can't even come close to an item that makes me scream "holy crap". It's not necessarily about the drop rate, it's about the quality of the crafts, the continued disappointment with the extremely uninspired itemization that makes people like two-year-olds laugh and say "I can do better".
Reply Quote
i farm mp 8 and i pick up everything ,but i mainly farm for de but, i agree that the de drop rate is very low... i get about 1 or 2 de a run... i think you guys should increase the de drop rate or allow us to buy them from other players or the ah...
Reply Quote
@Lyl

Check out my post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280358077

This explains my stand on it, if you haven't already seen it. I have to farm on MP 5 with over 300k dps unbuffed. Do you know how discouraging it is to know that lower MPs give more benefit? It's so boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]