-Right now it is a pain to farm demonic essences, their drop rate is just too low for an item that much needed by the players,
-Considering the actual drop rate in mp10 is 38.9% it is just extremely low, considering most players have to craft in amounts of 100 or 200 at the same time, it just gets too annoying.
-There are some upgrades that cannont be achieved without crafting at all, i'd like demonic essences to be guaranteed when killin every single elite monster in mp10. That'd be awesome
Your post is pretty interesting, because most threads I've seen (both here and on other Diablo fan sites) typically say that Essences drop too frequently. I'm glad you created it, since it's generated a lot of great debate on the topic.
Couple of questions for you so I can get a bit of context for where your feedback is coming from (anyone is welcome to chime in):
- On what MP do you typically farm? MP3 VOTA runs (specifically for DE), the difference in drop rate from MP3 to MP10 doesn't justify the extra time it takes to clear VOTA
- Do you usually just farm casually and pick up whatever Essences you acquire along the way, or do ever go out of your way to farm Essences specifically? Specifically
- About how many Essences do you pick up in a session? Average for me is about 25-30 DE per hour. which translates to about .5 DE per VOTA run
- Do you use those Essences immediately, or are you a player that likes to stock up? I'll normally get to 10, continue to fill the room that's left in my bag with the rares I pick up, then craft.
- How many Essences would you like to ideally see in a farming session, and why do you feel that amount be better than what you see currently? I think a fair amount would be 70-100 per hour. That would give us a better chance of rolling something decent once in a while, and we could actually utilize the gold sink.
I know I don't speak for everybody, but this is pretty much the main reason I play anymore. I think that even if someone upgraded all of their craftables to godly items, they would probably still craft to try and squeak out that extra 2% attack speed, or that 1% CC, which is why I feel this is a great gold sink, just not being utilized to it's full potential because of the limited drops.
The people that are saying that the drop rates are fine, and either the people that just don't craft, or the people that don't have the gold to craft (and shouldn't be using a gold sink anyways).