Diablo® III

How's Christchurch, NZ lag?

Hi guys, moving to Christchurch, NZ for 6 mos or so. Curious, what can I expect for lag? Trying to decide if playing CM will even be viable or if I should beef up my archon and monk.
Reply Quote
well for me at the moment jesus. umm, well im on vodafone ( ex telstra high speed broadband and well for christ sake i cant even play the damned game. shows a lovely green bar.
but alas it lies bigtime. I'm getting server disconnects, massive lag to the point this game is unplayable. yet i have no problem surfing the net etc, you tube ...

my response time to my isp is 34 ms.
yet d3 well forget it. shows 178 ms . then spikes straight away tho bar doesnt change right away takes a few minutes. to 1500-2800ms.
Reply Quote
i have been staring at the same icy quillback for about 5 minutes is this f**king normal ffs.
Reply Quote
lets just say my main character is a witch doc with 138k life.^^^^. so beefing up can be advised tho I personally went alittle overboard.

I have been experiencing massive lag issues since about 3 days prior to maintenince and dont expect it to improve. I dont think it is my isp.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Aelfin
Hi guys, moving to Christchurch, NZ for 6 mos or so. Curious, what can I expect for lag? Trying to decide if playing CM will even be viable or if I should beef up my archon and monk.

Last night was pretty dodgy before the maintenance window, but normally on ADSL I'm getting 200 at best, 250 average, 300-350 still playable if it's constant.
Spikes over 1000 are not uncommon though.

I've managed to get 3/5 classes to clear Hardcore Inferno so it can't be all bad.

The Vodafone (ex TelstraClear) cable doesn't cover all of Christchurch so you may end up with ADSL.
Some of the new subdivisions on the outskirts have UFB fibre-optics already.
Reply Quote

but normally on ADSL I'm getting 200 at best, 250 average, 300-350 still playable if it's constant.
Spikes over 1000 are not uncommon though.

I have same situation.

Avoid playing at peak traffic times, from 4pm-10pm I don't even bother running as average around 800-1000ms with 3000+ spikes lol.
NZs ISPs are the problem not blizz
Reply Quote
thanks for the info all. but... ouch. kinda spooked now.
we'll be living near the university, not sure what isp options will be available. hope they are decent.
Reply Quote
I got a 85 kills in 1 shot in lag the other day, with my wd in the lost mines. but by god it was torturiousily slow. the lag wasnt registering. and when i did see it , it was around 1200-2400ms.
Reply Quote
We have VDSL with Snap! and the only time i lag is in highly dense areas like fields of misery when someone has pulled to many mobs but i'm pretty sure that's not ISP related
Reply Quote
Playing from Christchuch with Slingshot. I get about 185ms ping. Connection is pretty stable; I rarely get spikes or DC. Sometimes can get minor desync issues where you warp back a few steps.

I expect that it is as good here as anywhere in NZ.
Reply Quote
yup back to. 178-223 ms recently .
after i discovered my flatmate had moved the wireless router..grrr..
Reply Quote
oooh. maybe things will go well after all. guess i'll know in a couple weeks. getting pretty excited =) how's the weather out there?

any chance there's an au/nz vent/mumble/raidcall/something voice chat server? i run a monk in dw or s&b builds and a wiz in sns, ss or archon builds, btw. play most evenings,
Reply Quote
Why you people keep playing this absolute scam of a game is beyond me. You paid 50% more than the rest of the world for 0-50% of the product... 0% when its a lagfest ( which is most of the time )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]