Diablo® III

Collector's Angelic wings "exclusive" was a lie.

I remember when I bought my Collector's Edition. Angelic wings were supposed to be "Exclusive"

EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME CONTENT
Diablo III - Aesthetic Artifacts
Call forth glowing angel wings, unfurl an exclusive banner sigil, and dye your armor sets with the Bottled Cloud or Bottled Smoke items.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/collectors-edition/

Now with the xbox version we get those again....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/new-diablo%C2%AE-iii-console-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013

That is completely unfair for the CE owners. False advertising also.
Edited by PureLaine#1705 on 6/12/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem I have is the blatant false advertizement.

Recycling the exclusives from the PC collections edition is a stab to people who purchased it like I did. I assumed they were "exclusive" my bad. Then you also give them more exclusives on top of that. What a spit in the face.

Yeah dude i fully agree with you on that i thought they where exclusive items for my preorder of D3,From my understanding the wings and the dyes where one off items for us on the PC but now the consoles have them and MORE preorder items is just TOTAL bullcrap :(

yep. pretty lame

and without having a collecters edition at that, they will just pay the 60

The angel wings are recycled from PC collector version and was marketised to be an exclusive cosmetic item. However, it is not exclusive to the PC collector version of the game anymore.
Edited by PureLaine#1705 on 6/11/2013 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A blue must see this!
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:03 PMPosted by familia
It's still considered exclusive. Your foil hat looks a bit tight.

I don't see a conspiracy in that lol :P

These things were exclusive to the collectors edition. You cant say its exclusive to collectors anymore.

Edit : Nah you dont get it.

Exclusive to something means that if you want "that" you need to buy "this".
You cant make it exclusive to one thing and then make it exclusive to another thing a year later.
Edited by PureLaine#1705 on 6/12/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There are some dumb people who play Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:16 PMPosted by familia
CE wings are still EXCLUSIVE to PC users. You're making a fuss over nothing.

...and now Xbox !
Reply Quote
babies will cry about everything...how amusing.

the crimson wings look kinda cool though.
Reply Quote
Cheap a$$ looking wings will look just as cheap on the xbox and ps.

I guess I have a tolerance to this (doesn't mean I like it) because of the collectors edition of TOR that was the biggest joke in digital collectors items ever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I could kinda see the problem if console and PC players played together. However, the only ones seeing the crimson wings will be other console players, while the only ones seeing the collector's edition is other PC players.

Each one is exclusive to their appropriate venue, so you won't have to put up with crimson wings showing up in your PC group.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter gets wings when using certain abilities. I guess I should let Blizzard know they are liars.
Edited by Xenolithium#1503 on 6/12/2013 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm more upset that PS3 preorders get far better exclusives than the Xbox version....Crimson wings are cooler than the white ones...and Legendary Shoulder//Ammy/Glove/Ring....

Compared to a couple dyes for Xbox...

These 'exclusives' feel as one-sided as the PS4 vs XboxOne battle
Reply Quote
Wings are still exclusive to people that purchased the CE on PC. The PS3 and Xbox360 is not only a different format altogether but a completely separate game, how do people not understand this?
Reply Quote
I'm more upset that PS3 preorders get far better exclusives than the Xbox version....Crimson wings are cooler than the white ones...and Legendary Shoulder//Ammy/Glove/Ring....

Well that's not the fault of Blizzard it's the fault of Microsoft, Sony made business with Blizz to get those exclusives on their console as a marketing tactic. If Microsoft want players to choose Diablo 3 on their format they also need work out a similar deal. It's not Blizzard's call.
Reply Quote
Oh no someone else is getting something I have and I don't like it >:|

I hear the waaahmbulance coming for you.

Who cares if someone else gets something that was in the collectors, that was over a year ago, it's a different platform.

THe diablo 3 community is so funny. Everyone hates on anything that is hatable.
Reply Quote

If anything Xbox should get Green Angelic Wings.
Reply Quote
It's still considered exclusive. Your foil hat looks a bit tight.

Notice that you'll need to pre-order the game for xbox, right?
CE wings are exclusive to PC users. Now quit your whining.
You should really think about what you're saying. they can't be exclusive to PC CE users if the xbox users get it. even if they're completely separate.

Oh no someone else is getting something I have and I don't like it >:|

I hear the waaahmbulance coming for you.

Who cares if someone else gets something that was in the collectors, that was over a year ago, it's a different platform.

THe diablo 3 community is so funny. Everyone hates on anything that is hatable.
false advertisement is false advertisement, regardless of the span of time.

I could kinda see the problem if console and PC players played together. However, the only ones seeing the crimson wings will be other console players, while the only ones seeing the collector's edition is other PC players.

Each one is exclusive to their appropriate venue, so you won't have to put up with crimson wings showing up in your PC group.
The problem is false advertisement. pretty simple to grasp. it doesn't matter that the diablo being released is on a different platform and has no way of playing with the PC version. by giving it away as a pre-order it's no longer exclusive to the PC CE, which is what was advertised.

Edit, btw the CE wings/dyes aren't xbox pre-order, they're ps3 and xbox, plus ps3 gets more bonuses. so atm, everything xbox get's ps3 get's and more.
Edited by GameMaster2D#1213 on 6/13/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty annoyed at this on top of all the other things blizzard has done to shaft PC players.

I forked out $200 NZD for the CE exclusive gear...
Reply Quote
Kinda tired trying to convince you PC fools who are crying about an entirely differents platforms exclusive items.

So here...it's been over a year and I can STILL get your exclusive PC gear. So tell me, how exclusive is it really? Yea...ok.

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Collectors-Edition-Pc/dp/B0050SZC5U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1371160356&sr=8-3&keywords=Diablo+3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]