Diablo® III

[Suggestion]: The Mystic [Pt.2] - Powers

Hi guys!

Here's the second part of my idea for the mystic artisan:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/96098-suggestion-the-mystic-pt-2-powers/

I'm sorry for the cross-link but the post contains a lot of images and I think the reading is much more enjoyable on Diablofans.com

Like if you like! :)

Edit: It seems that my idea is similar to Gosu's one and probably it inspired mine, so please take a read on his idea as well (it's highly rated and I encorauge you to read it because it's a very interesting read): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170#1
Edited by Edriel#2341 on 6/14/2013 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Once again, congratulations!
Reply Quote
I hope blizz comes up with something at least as creative as this to make items and control over their progression better. +1
Reply Quote
Any other comment?
Reply Quote
Another fantastic read Edriel. Great work! :)
Reply Quote
94 Undead Warlock
06/11/2013 01:40 AMPosted by DamienJohn

lol haven't bothered reading fantasy lately.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 03:20 AMPosted by Deadru

Well perhaps you should read the OP's thread then..?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 03:20 AMPosted by Deadru

Dreaming is a part of a human being :P
Reply Quote
View profile
All your suggustions are really awesome! :)
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
More comments on this?
Reply Quote
I dont think they will put such things in patch, even it was ready before release (talisman/mystic and much more).
Reply Quote
+1
He put his heart into this game. That's how a true-fan be.
It may not like the same, but maybe somehow it may be like that.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 06:39 PMPosted by GeorgAnatoly
I hope blizz comes up with something at least as creative as this to make items and control over their progression better. +1

I hope blizz ends up just hiring Edriel!
(or at least steal all his ideas!)
Edited by blood#1783 on 6/13/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Well done good sir.
Reply Quote
This is awsome! lets get a blue in here to "mark it" so we know they have seen it :D
Reply Quote
WAYYYY TO MUCH damn work for just a small patch.

This would be great for something in the expansion however.

What I think should be implemented since the creators love randomness is to just have an option to reroll the stats that the current item has rolled.

This would be easy to implement, solve some of the RNG that makes farming unfun and make farming for DE much more rewarding.

Great examples of what I would reroll are the chest and gloves on my barb.

There is a give or take 1/500 chance that these 6 stats are in the top 75% chance of their repective max rolls. If I wanted 90% in each area, could potentially take tens of 1000s. This creates great and actual opportunity for those who want to use their hard earned DE to improve their characters.

Currently, if I wanted to roll better gloves/chest for my barb It would take if not 10s of thousands that I probabilistically wont get better rolls. Its a give or take 1/5000 chance the rolls will be the right rolls and then another 1/500 that the rolls will roll in the top 75% multiply those values together and its over one in a million. I dont think anyone can possibly farm 1 million DE.

I spent over 1.5k DE per slot and those were the best ones. I would spend 100s more rerolling those stats. I already went through one round of RNG to roll the perfect stats, I just want to reroll those items with those desireable stats until those ranges are within my acceptable ranges.

Essentially Im lowering the current 1 in a million to get a BIS item to 1 in 10000 which I believe is great endgame. Not to far out of reach. Spending enough time to get 10000DE per gear slot is a great way to play end game diablo IMO.

All these talks of changing stats, blah blah. Is just way to much work to implement. Just have a recipe to reroll the current stats and guarantee that the stats are the ones currently on the item and have those reroll a random value.

Also, it would be great if this could be done on rare items and then have those items be account bound. This will help to bring some life into the current economy as items will be removed to be BOA.

my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
Hi guys!

I'm sorry for the cross-link but the post contains a lot of images and I think the reading is much more enjoyable on Diablofans.com

Since I can't login to the D3Fans forum for some reason, I decided to respond here.

I like most of your ideas quite a bit Edriel. Have you read my post?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170#1

The reason I ask is because your Nephalem Power idea is literally the exact same idea that I wrote about months ago. You even named it the same thing lol. The only difference is that you crafted it in such a way that makes it a Mystic Artisian ability as opposed to a natural function of itemization within the game.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you simply haven't seen my thread before and that we simply had the same idea at different times. Please don't think I'm upset or anything of the sort, I just wanted to point it out to you as I found it a strange coincidence. I admire your passion for the game and I hope that you continue with it. I've lost a great deal of passion for the game in recent months and we need people like you to carry the torch and inspire improvements in the game.
Reply Quote
U sir have better ideas then Blizzard itself.. u shouldn't work for them.. they should work for you lol! :) We NEED STUFF LIKE THIS in the game. I don't want action console game.. I want DIABLO! :/
Reply Quote
Hi guys!

Since I can't login to the D3Fans forum for some reason, I decided to respond here.

I like most of your ideas quite a bit Edriel. Have you read my post?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7980249170#1

The reason I ask is because your Nephalem Power idea is literally the exact same idea that I wrote about months ago. You even named it the same thing lol. The only difference is that you crafted it in such a way that makes it a Mystic Artisian ability as opposed to a natural function of itemization within the game.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you simply haven't seen my thread before and that we simply had the same idea at different times. Please don't think I'm upset or anything of the sort, I just wanted to point it out to you as I found it a strange coincidence. I admire your passion for the game and I hope that you continue with it. I've lost a great deal of passion for the game in recent months and we need people like you to carry the torch and inspire improvements in the game.

Hi Gosu, yes I read it and liked it :)

Anyway I swear I didn't remember it when I created the "powers" idea.
Of course I don't want to get credits or anything else... probably it was my subconscious that remembered your idea and inspired mine.

I know it seems weird lol but it's the truth and I must admit that I thought your idea was working a bit differently (probably because it was a long read and I didn't understand every step very well).

So please forgive me if it's the same or similar idea.

All that "guides" me is just the passion for these series and I don't want to get any "credit", mostly if that "credit" is deserved to someone else :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]