Diablo® III

Bnet and console D3...

07/17/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Ripper
Of cours you can dupe items with ps3 version.Suppose this,you find an echoing fury 1300 dps with crit + sockets etc(basically the top echo),you can copy savegame into your usb stick,then trade to another friend or sell him online,trade golds with your friend,re-copy the "old" save on your ps3 -> profit.Thats why i want an ALWAYS online..

From an economic perspective, what is the benefit of gold as a currency other than crafting? And really what kind of "friend" would trade duped items?

Without an AH, I assure you, people will use these forums to facilitate trades. Most may not be trading for gold, but instead will be looking for specific items, gems, etc - especially at the beginning. I am sure people who frequent the forums will notice if somebody is trading multiple exact copies of the same item, and will just not trade with them - if they want to keep their chars legit.

Because of potential for hacking, I strongly believe, the forum community will just work around by creating a group of gamers with similar ideals. Hackers will end up playing with hackers. Legit will play with legit. People will learn to not trade with random people who join the game. Reputation will once again become important. This all happened in D2. We can do it again for console D3.
Reply Quote
will pc version characters transfer to 360 version or be able to be loaded on to USB ? yay or nay?
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Kodiak
will pc version characters transfer to 360 version or be able to be loaded on to USB ? yay or nay?

Nay (as has been answered at least 100 times on these forums now)

:)
Reply Quote
thats so lame!! i always wated to play D3 on my tv instead of pc but im not about to pay 60 bucks for a game i alrdy have and have put ALOT of time into. Waste of money if u ask me if u alrdy have the pc version.
Reply Quote
I question how death will work for like group play on the same console? does the whole group start over? or does the dead player just regenerate next to the group?
Reply Quote
now can someone tell me hopw its done !!! cant find it online how to save on an usb just so i can play with my firnd at his house ?
Reply Quote
you need to be part of playstation plus to do this wtf !!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/03/2013 03:25 AMPosted by dutchy666
you need to be part of playstation plus to do this wtf !!!!!!

You need to be a PS+ member to upload your characters to cloud storage.

Otherwise, you can insert a USB drive into your PS3, go to Saved Data Utility (PS3), find your character data, press Triangle, select Copy, then finally select your USB drive to copy your data onto a USB drive.

On a side note, you should create a new thread instead of bumping old ones.
Edited by Update#1481 on 9/3/2013 3:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A friend said there was a way around it to where you can add ppl from PS3 on your friends list for PC and still play together is that true ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/03/2013 03:53 AMPosted by Jynxi
A friend said there was a way around it to where you can add ppl from PS3 on your friends list for PC and still play together is that true ?

Not true. The PS3 version and the PC version are not linked together in any way.
Reply Quote
ow i see i used the collectors edition pc diablo 3 usb to try this but it dident read it =S
Reply Quote
dutchy... dunno if you want to do this since it has a legit copy of D2 on that USB key...

But to read/write to a USB key, you need to format the USB key for PS3. I think it is in your system menu (can't remember where).

I am at work right now, so I can't see my PS3 XMB lol.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Kodiak
thats so lame!! i always wated to play D3 on my tv instead of pc but im not about to pay 60 bucks for a game i alrdy have and have put ALOT of time into. Waste of money if u ask me if u alrdy have the pc version.

Most TV's and computers (both laptop and desktop) should have HDMI connections.

Plug computer into TV, configure screen output = playing on TV. With a keyboard and mouse. Unless what you really wanted to say was, I want to play this with a PS3/Xbox controller on my TV and not just on my TV.
Reply Quote
yeah i got it i used an other usb stick that can be read on the ps3 console but thanks for your reply and i have a back up of that game on disk and on my external hard drive =P
Reply Quote
Posted by Kodiak

Most TV's and computers (both laptop and desktop) should have HDMI connections.

Plug computer into TV, configure screen output = playing on TV. With a keyboard and mouse. Unless what you really wanted to say was, I want to play this with a PS3/Xbox controller on my TV and not just on my TV.

u can use a 360 controller i think there is a website where u can download that mapping for the pc =) i used it on my wirlwind barb =P
Reply Quote

As I said, people will choose to play their own way. Not sure how that could be considered 'real' or not.

There isn't a leaderboard nor a competitive element so it's not affecting anyone. And keep in mind that for a character to be restored you will actually need to back it up to the external media in the first place, it's not like it's going to be an option on the menu that reads "Revive Dead Hardcore Character from Back-up".

I won't be restoring my Hardcore characters from back-ups, does that make me.. UNREAL?!? :O

You may not, however for every one person like you a hundred others will reload; making it not really feel like an achievement for those who did it legit and hence therefore taking away from the game play.
The human mind finds enjoyment in having the dots line up (every time the brain makes the right connections with sequences it will release endorphins).
Music is a good example of this and how it stimulates the brain, hence the reason we all like different music as we all like different patterns, shapes, sounds and what lines up to some doesn't always line up for others.

Now having your character die - clearly the dot don't line up (no endorphins released), you get more determined to surpass that challenge (Banking for a bigger reward when accomplished).
So say you've died 3 times and had to start from the start each time (you now have the banking of wanting the dots to line up x3 and then the dots lining up cause you accomplished it therefore you have 3 loads of endorphins released "1st load is the accomplishment", "2nd load is your want for the accomplishment", "3rd load when all the dots line up for the your determination you put in").
Now the banking stage is removed as you can just reload your character, even if you don't you know that others can (No banking = no real reward).

The best games are the ones that offer bigger rewards, an achievements reward is not felt unless banking has taken place!

.....i love you.......
Reply Quote
ok so this may have been answered be for but can players on Xbox co-op play with computer players and or playstation players or is it just for those systems (i.e. no cross console co-op:?)
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Montauk
ok so this may have been answered be for but can players on Xbox co-op play with computer players and or playstation players or is it just for those systems (i.e. no cross console co-op:?)

No cross platform play. PC and Mac use Bnet, Xbox uses Xbox Live, PS3 uses Playstation servers. It will never happen.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 06:52 AMPosted by InFOrCeR
Easy fix would be to force cloud storage only on xbox then no way tp get from cloud to usb

Are you sure? Then People will start crying when the Internet doesnt work. No Internet = No Cloud = No Savefiles. I still prefer the Offline Version and really dont give a duck on the duping problem. People do what they want with their freedom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]