Diablo® III

How to run 2 game clients at once

How do u run 2 game clients on a mac if u have 2 different diablo 3 accounts? So that u can drop items and pick them up on another account.
Edited by Shocker420#1825 on 6/13/2013 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'd think you would need to buy 2 of the game, since to run them they would need unique CD keys.

So once you have 2 copies, just install both. One will need to be installed to another location since they would have the same folder name.
Reply Quote
Ive tried that but still doesnt work
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Maybe try renaming one of the installs? Like instead of "Diablo III" rename it to "D3". May not be able to use the launcher to open the one with the altered name though. Not 100% sure as I've not done it.

Also not sure if that would be considered "cheating" due to it's technically altering a game file, so may want to wait for a moderator or Bliz response on the subject before trying it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Shocker420,

its indeed possible to launch multiple windows. As Cruciarius is saying, that you need to rename one. That is not the correct answer. The second launcher will tell you that you already have one Diablo 3 open, because you can't not start from the launcher. You need to directly start the Diablo 3.app

That means, you open Terminal and type that in:
"/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo III" -launch

Then Diablo 3 will start directly into the game, without starting the launcher. Then you close the Terminal and reopen it and type in the same command as above.

Best regards,
Nezan
Reply Quote
Hello Shocker420,

its indeed possible to launch multiple windows. As Cruciarius is saying, that you need to rename one. That is not the correct answer. The second launcher will tell you that you already have one Diablo 3 open, because you can't not start from the launcher. You need to directly start the Diablo 3.app

That means, you open Terminal and type that in:
"/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo III" -launch

Then Diablo 3 will start directly into the game, without starting the launcher. Then you close the Terminal and reopen it and type in the same command as above.

Best regards,
Nezan

Thank you this helped a lot and it was so easy! Please add me in game I have something for you.

shocker420#1825
Reply Quote
And can anyone confirm this is safe to do without getting banned if I dont use any programs to bot or anything like that. Multi-boxing is ok and I dont even do that, im just using it as extra slots to sell items in ah and store stuff. Im assuming its ok to do but what about using the real money auction house? If I just buy a separate authenticator and only use blizzard balance instead of paypal I think that would be ok to do too?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Shocker: You should be fine. Since you have to have a separate Battle.net account for each instance of Diablo III, as long as you meet the login requirements for it and account requirements for the RMAH, you should have no problem.

I cannot recommend any multiboxing software as the official policy regarding such right now is that it violates the EULA, but since you are just switching between them for stash/AH slots manually that should not be an issue.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
How do you "open Terminal" ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
Reply Quote
how do i do this for a computer with windows 7 ult. i cant figure it out someone please help me.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
11/11/2013 02:32 PMPosted by AdamMatson
how do i do this for a computer with windows 7 ult. i cant figure it out someone please help me.

You will want to ask this question over in the Technical Support forum, as they service Windows questions there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]