Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (DW Barbs) Pt. 4

Hey

i am a bit bored with s & b atm been like that on eu and us since begin, i always liked dw and figured i might give it a try to get me going again :)

Build. Hota/Rend or ww hota op/rend (no fury gen)
Budget : 600 mill, could be 1,5 bill if i sell some stuff
EF: i had this in my bank since i switched to us from eu and nikeboy gave it to me, no clue if its good enough - id like to keep my sword

any tips and help is really appreciated
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 6/11/2013 1:13 AM PDT
Quitted my Barb for a long time eversince he reached pl100, i'd like some pointer on my gear too

Build: HOTA / WW
Budget: around 1 Bil
EF: i do own a 1220 dps 0.23 OS str EF with low fear but i figured its not so good now. I think i want and EF as OH, i DO HATE the fearing proc.

- As for my gear: i got another Inna pants with 190+ vit that im planning to use (my DH is wearing them) but only 8% IAS, so that puts me at 41% IAS total, with WoTB sitting at 67%, not gonna make the 2.5bp for even an 0.25 EF, maybe i need to get 1 more piece with speed ?

-Ill get another IK belt with 250/50 and 15 max fury

-From then on, im clueless. Maybe dump all the budget on a better pair of weapon ?
Edited by Khoanpd#6273 on 6/11/2013 12:48 AM PDT
Thanks for your suggestions. Do you think it would be better for me to go Lacunis then with Ice Climbers?
Build. Hota/Rend
Budget : 600 mill, could be 1,5 bill if i sell some stuff
EF: i had this in my bank since i switched to us from eu and nikeboy gave it to me, no clue if its good enough - id like to keep my sword

Naw the EF is meh :)
The rest of your gear looks pretty good, so i would just focus on weapons for right now.
MH EF:
- .24-.25aps
- 1250dps, 150str, os
OH Sword:
- 1000dps+, 100str+, 50%cd, 2.8ls, os

NOTE: You might wanna pick up an SOJ as well bro
EF: i do own a 1220 dps 0.23 OS str EF with low fear but i figured its not so good now. I think i want and EF as OH, i DO HATE the fearing proc.

Since you were lucky to craft a trifecta ammy, you can get by with using the 8%ias on ur DH.
Right now i would just focus on weapons, but in the future:
1) Mempo w/ 4%cc/9%ias (minimum)
2) Craft STR gloves and pray for the best. dont need IK gloves since u have the chest and belt for the 2pc.
3) Get a -HOTA SOJ. After you get your weapons, you might have a few hundred mill left over to get a -3 or -4 HOTA SOJ. (try to get on with +15 max fury for the HOTA CC)
4) Repalce your OH ring with a CD Unity (40 avg dmg, 150str, 30cd, 4.5cc).
MH: Axe
OH: EF
- .24-.25aps
- 1250dps+, 150str, os
NOTE: The problem with using a MH Axe and OH EF is that you will only be hitting the 2.5 breakpoint with both hands, whereas if you were to use a MH EF and OH Sword, you would hit 2.5/2.8. You will need a 5th slot of IAS if you wanted to hit 2.8 with the MH Axe.
06/11/2013 12:50 AMPosted by DaiLLesT
Thanks for your suggestions. Do you think it would be better for me to go Lacunis then with Ice Climbers?

It's not necessary. Your stats would basically even out tbh, but you would gain the slot of IAS, which is the better option IMO, but I wouldnt suggest making that switch just yet since you have other stuff to focus on first. If you were to get an SOJ, i would say replace your hellfire. With the new XP scaling with each MP, rubies in helm and hellfires are worthless. You certainly have a pretty decent hellfire, but an SOJ would definitely outperform it.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 6/11/2013 1:08 AM PDT
thx for the quick reply :) after doing some test runs with dw i found out that i prefer ww-Hota-rend most.

Since you were lucky to craft a trifecta ammy, you can get by with using the 8%ias on ur DH.
1) Mempo w/ 4%cc/9%ias (minimum)
2) Craft STR gloves and pray for the best. dont need IK gloves since u have the chest and belt for the 2pc.
3) Get a -HOTA SOJ. After you get your weapons, you might have a few hundred mill left over to get a -3 or -4 HOTA SOJ. (try to get on with +15 max fury for the HOTA CC)
4) Repalce your OH ring with a CD Unity (40 avg dmg, 150str, 30cd, 4.5cc).
MH: Axe
OH: EF
- .24-.25aps
- 1250dps+, 150str, os
NOTE: The problem with using a MH Axe and OH EF is that you will only be hitting the 2.5 breakpoint with both hands, whereas if you were to use a MH EF and OH Sword, you would hit 2.5/2.8. You will need a 5th slot of IAS if you wanted to hit 2.8 with the MH Axe.

Okay just steal a nice trifecta OH ring off the AH, im sitting at 49% IAS atm.

1. I'd love to, but impossible since the cheapest 4% crit str mempo cost almost all of my budget (700m for a 8% IAS, i didnt bother to look at those 9%)

2. I was and am trying to craft a nice gloves, still no luck, sigh :(

3 and 4: will try to look for a nice HOTA SOJ now
Hi Nived,

I was waiting for your Pt. 4 thread. The last time you advised me was in your Pt. 3 thread.

I have bought some upgrades since then. I followed your advice to change my rare ring. My new rare ring (Union Grinder) cost me 200M. I hope I didn't get ripped for that price... After all, I camped AH for 3 weeks before I bought it (after some thoughtful consideration).

Currently, using my barb's OH (EF) on my wiz for the moment. Yes, I know the EF has int and max fear but it was on AH for 83M only pre-1.08 patch and I couldn't resist the 1100 damage, 55% CD and socket at that time.

Also, I usually switch my HF ring to SoJ [6% cold, 30% e damage (not barb SoJ though, too expensive :'( )] when fighting elites and switches back to HF for trash. Cold SoJ should counter with my EF's max fear though.

Anyway, I would like to receive more advice if there are still room for it. Thank you.

Oh oh, almost forgot.

Build: WW/HOTA
Budget: 140M (Spent 200M for my new rare ring)
EF: OH
Farm Elites?: Hell yeah!

Thank you again!

Edit: Forgotten about my damage with my EF equipped.

So, with my EF equipped:-

1. and HF ring damage is at 194,106.81; and
2. and SoJ ring damage is at 168,648.62.
Edited by Keatman#6871 on 6/11/2013 4:06 AM PDT
200 m for that ring is a nice price keatman
Hey, thanks AINeo. You got a pretty sick barb there to, bro.

And yours look more cost effective then mine :'(

Wow, that is one sexy IC with 12% movespeed you got there!
@nIVED

I has 5 mirrion golds. What kind of damages can you buy me??
Build: WW
Budget: 1b
Farm Elites: yes

thanks for the helping out man! :)
@Khoanpd
I knw you cant afford the other stuff i listed (CC MEMPO, etc.), which is why i said:

Build: WW/HOTA
Budget: 140M (Spent 200M for my new rare ring)
Farm Elites?: Hell yeah!

Not a lot you can do with ur current gear and 140m, but this is what i would focus on first:
1)IK Chest: 150str/200vit/750armor (minimum)
2) Innas: 150vit (minimum)
3) Non MS IC's: 180str/140vit
4) IK Belt: 250str/50vit
5) Get an SOJ (non-barb, 6%cold, 30% elite dmg)

In the future work on:
Gloves: your current gloves are pretty solid. you can defnitely craft better, but i wouldnt make it priority #1. Make sure when you do eventually craft that the IAS (8-9%) and the CC (8% or higher).
Amulet: Craft STR ammies. shoot for 200str/50%cd/8-9%cc. IAS should never take precedence over CD on an ammy. the only reason IAS should be on an ammy is if its a trifecta.
Shoulders: Craft vit shoulders (200str/200vit/60ar+)

to replace your weapons (that EF you described needs to be replaced w/ str) it will require a larger budget.

@nIVED

Now I see what Phat was talking about. You trolls are relentless. I am trying to help out the community and you still troll me.

Says you have no profile.

@nIVED

Now I see what Phat was talking about. You trolls are relentless. I am trying to help out the community and you still troll me.

Wow. I try and give you business and take part in your thread and you call me a troll? That's cool dude, I'll take my outsourcing elsewhere. Thanks for nothing.

-TGC

Says you have no profile.

Uhm it´s on the european servers .. just choose europe that´s where it should be!
06/11/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Trumpk1n
Uhm it´s on the european servers .. just choose europe that´s where it should be!

It would've been easier if you just linked me your profile.

Problems with your current set up:
You are using one unnecessary slot of IAS. That 5th slot of IAS isnt allowing you to hit 2.8 breakpoint. You are still 2%IAS away from 2.8. I suggest either dropping the Unity and replacing it with one with CD, or drop the WH and replace it with an IK Belt (250str/50vit), so u can use an offensive passive (berserker rage/brawler), instead of bloodthirst. Replacing the WH is the route i would personally take. the DPS gains from using an offensive passive heavily outweigh the gains from using a WH.

You honestly cant really do much with 1B, at least on the US servers. I have no knowledge on the EU market, so your best bet would be to post on the EU forums. However, here are a few things that would fit into a 1B budget:
1) 180vit+ Innas
2) 180str/140vit Ice climbers
3) Higher DPS EF, or similar DPS w/ 50%+ CD
This will allow you to drop the amethysts from the innas and replace them with rubies.
Have you ever considered using a MH EF? with a MH EF, you can hit a much higher tDPS than using a OH EF. reason being, you can utilize an OH stat stick. Also, have you ever considered using ww/hota? your current weapon set up would convert pretty easily. You would need a CC Mempo thogh. Hota requires as much CC as you can get, so your ammy isnt ideal for ww/hota. Shame it rolled such low cc.
build: ww/hota
budget: 450m
ef: mh
elites: yes please
i normally dont have bloodthirt on either. and ty in advance.
build: ww/hota
budget: 450m
ef: mh
elites: yes please
i normally dont have bloodthirt on either. and ty in advance.

First thing you need to work on is improving your vit:
2) Innas: 150vit (minimum)
3) Get a new IK Belt with 180str/80vit, or 250str/50vit if you can fit it into your budget.
you have plenty of ar to drop the digger, so dont be worried about that.
If you want to run ww/hota, you need more cc:
1) Keep crafting ammies, 5.5cc is far too low. you want a minimum of 200str/50%cd/8-9%cc
2) the innas will give an additional 1%cc
3) have you ever tried running ww/hota without a fury generator? this would allow you to replace bash with overpower/killing spree (10%cc).

If you want to stick with crafted bracers, you will need to get the MS elsewhere. You currently have 0%MS, but the innas will give 12%. If you stick with bracers, pick up some IK Boots with 150str/150vit (minimum). If you wish to go with lacunis get a pair with 80str/5cc/9ias and replace
your current ice climbers with another pair that has 180str/140vit.

You say you wish to kill elites, but you arent using an SOJ. With your budget i suggest just using a Non-barb SOJ w/ 6% cold and 30% elite dmg. Replace your OH ring with the SOJ. You will need the IAS ring to hit your breakpoints.

Weapons:
Need to replace that EF with a higher +aps mod (.24-.25aps) and higher avg dmg (1150dps+). You will ned the higher +aps mod in order to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with your MH and 2.8 breakpoint with your OH (like my set up).
Replace that OH Sword with a new sword that has 1000dps, 100str, 50%cd, 2.8LS, os. your current OH has very low stats for even a pure ww stat stick.
Budget: 1B
EF: Either
Farm Elites?: Yes

Not a fan of EF...but I'll give it a Whirl...pun intended.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Working on crafting a better amulet of course :)
Edited by Tragedy#1885 on 6/11/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Budget: 1B
EF: Either

Not a fan of EF...but I'll give it a Whirl...pun intended.

Firstly, the highest possible tDPS per set is achieved by using a MH EF. I will quote a post i made earlier in this thread:
"I highly suggest using a MH EF. It offers a lot of build flexibility. Using a stat stick OH opens up the option of using an offensive passive (berserker rage/brawler), because the stat stick will have LS. People like to complain about the fear, but in all honesty, it isnt bad if you're farming a MP that is efficient for your DPS. However, MOST people do the exact opposite.. farming MP10 with 180k DPS (under 2M tDPS)."

2) Innas: 150vit (minimum) w/ 9%ias
3) Non MS IC's: 180str/140vit. Dont need your current IC's, as you're already getting the 24%MS from innas/lacunis.
4) IK Belt: 250str/50vit. Once you get an EF, you will only need 4 slots of IAS to hit your breakpoints, so you can drop the WH and free up bloodthirst for using an offensive passive.
5) Keep crafting shoulders. I suggest VIT shoulders, because they have higher MAX rolls. Your current shoulders wouldnt be bad, but they dont have AR. Aim for a minimum of 200str/200vit/60ar
6) Replace one of your rings with a Unity (40 avg dmg, 150str, 30cd, 4.5cc).
7) Replace the other ring with an SOJ. If you can afford a 6% cold, 28+% elite dmg, and WW cc SOJ go ahead and grab one. For a cheaper option, grab a Non-Barb SOJ w/ 6%cold, 30% elite dmg.
8) Once you get your IK Belt, you can craft STR gloves because you will maintain the IK 2pc w/o the IK gloves. Most importantly you want 200srt+/8-9%ias/8-9%cc
9) Weapons - I will give you the option on wether u wanna go with MH EF or OH EF. I explained why i think MH EF is best for pure WW, but it all come down to preference.

MH Mace
a) 600-1200 dmg range
b) str,cd,os
OH EF
a) .24-.25aps 850dps+
b) str,ls,os or 200+str,os or str,cd,os
OR
MH EF
a) .24-.25aps
b) 1250dps, str, os (CD if you can afford it)
OH Stat Stick
a) sword - 200str, 80cd, os (LS if you can afford it)
b) dagger - 100+str, 80cd, ias, os
NOTE: for the ias on the dagger, make sure you do your calculations and see how much ias u need in order to hit the 3.34 breakpoint.

For a breakpoint reference:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280358016#2
Build: WW/HOTA, just added HOTA last night, lots of fun!
Budget: 50 million + value of pieces replaced, may be able to scrap together some more
EF: Would you prefer a Main Hand or Off Hand EF? Whatevs, o/h slightly prefered but mine is low fear...

I may be disqualified since I'm probably already mid-tier, but I'll take some free advice if you're offering.

Relevant alt gear that I already have but isn't on my profile:
12% MS fire walkers with ~100 str, no vit
Cold SOJ for WD, 6/26.

edit: also trying to drop bloodthirst for brawler, but surviving mp9 gets too tough.
Edited by INeedNoPants#1666 on 6/11/2013 11:43 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]