Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (DW Barbs) Pt. 4

Thanks I'll probably try out the MH EH. Thanks for taking the time.
06/11/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Nived
Have you ever considered using a MH EF? with a MH EF, you can hit a much higher tDPS than using a OH EF. reason being, you can utilize an OH stat stick. Also, have you ever considered using ww/hota? your current weapon set up would convert pretty easily. You would need a CC Mempo thogh. Hota requires as much CC as you can get, so your ammy isnt ideal for ww/hota. Shame it rolled such low cc.

What stats should I go for on a MH EF and what stats should the OH have, similar to yours?
I hate the German D3 forums, just the translations of the items causes brain cancer, also it takes much more time to get a helping response!
Edited by Trumpk1n#2379 on 6/11/2013 11:48 AM PDT
What stats should I go for on a MH EF and what stats should the OH have, smilar to yours?

Yup, except w/o CD. CD will make the price shoot up into the billions.
MH EF
a) .24-.25aps
b) 1250dps, str, os
OH Stat Stick
a) sword - 800dps, 200str, 80cd, 2.8ls, os
b) dagger - 800dps, 100+str, 80cd, ias, os
NOTE: for the ias on the dagger, make sure you do your calculations and see how much ias u need in order to hit the 3.34 breakpoint.

For a breakpoint reference:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280358016#2
Edited by Nived#1902 on 6/11/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Yup, except w/o CD. CD will make the price shoot up into the billions.
MH EF
a) .24-.25aps
b) 1250dps, str, os
OH Stat Stick
a) sword - 800dps, 200str, 80cd, 2.8ls, os
b) dagger - 800dps, 100+str, 80cd, ias, os
NOTE: for the ias on the dagger, make sure you do your calculations and see how much ias u need in order to hit the 3.34 breakpoint.

Thanks man, that helps a lot!
06/11/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Trumpk1n
Thanks man, that helps a lot!

No problem.. i actually forgot to mention that with the IAS Dagger, if you drop a few CD, you can probably fit in some LS as well. you can always keep the higher CD and add LS, but i said to lower it because of budget limitations. This will allow u to drop bloodthirst and run with an offensive passive (berserker rage/brawler). Sorry about that i was typing fast.
Nived, did you miss my post at the bottom of the last page, or I'm I disqualified due to my current gear being mid-tier?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: WW/HOTA, just added HOTA last night, lots of fun!
Budget: 50 million + value of pieces replaced, may be able to scrap together some more gold
EF: Would you prefer a Main Hand or Off Hand EF? Whatevs, o/h slightly prefered but mine is low fear....
Farm Elites?: Yes
Relevant alt gear that I already have but isn't on my profile:
12% MS fire walkers with ~100 str, no vit
Cold SOJ for WD, 6/26.
Also trying to drop bloodthirst for brawler, but surviving mp9 gets too tough with 3% LS.
Build: WW
Budget: Around 30M without gems
EF: MH
Farm Elites?: Yes :)

Link to hero: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kilnaj-2957/hero/21116460

Well, I bought some shiny legendaries and focused to much on str, ignoring defensive stats..
I know I geared wrong, that was before I read some guides :)
For the passives I may swap TAN with bloodthirst if needed.

Don't know if I can use some of the current gear, but that doesn't matter.

edit: I'd like to keep a ruby in the helm for exp

Thanks for your help :)
Edited by Kilnaj#2957 on 6/11/2013 1:19 PM PDT
@Nived - if you are building a set for someone with a low budget be sure to hit me up in game. I generally have a few pieces in my inventory I'd be happy to donate to a good cause.

Zaknaril#1820
06/11/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Nived
No problem.. i actually forgot to mention that with the IAS Dagger, if you drop a few CD, you can probably fit in some LS as well. you can always keep the higher CD and add LS, but i said to lower it because of budget limitations. This will allow u to drop bloodthirst and run with an offensive passive (berserker rage/brawler). Sorry about that i was typing fast.

No problem, had to go with the sword. Did not find a fitting dagger/ or they were like 2b! Applied all changes you mentioned, still got 500kk, anything I can still improve? A CC Mempo and any other things?
Build: WW/HOTA, just added HOTA last night, lots of fun!
Budget: 50 million + value of pieces replaced, may be able to scrap together some more gold
EF: Would you prefer a Main Hand or Off Hand EF? Whatevs, o/h slightly prefered but mine is low fear....

My bad.. accidently skipped you bro. didnt see it on the last page.
50M isnt really enough to make enough significant changes, but ill list a few you can make and then make a list of future upgrades after.
1) need an OH more suitable for HOTA usage
OH Sword:
- 1000dps+, 100str+, 50%cd, 2.8ls, os
The LS will allow u to drop BT and start running with brawler (huge dps increase).
2) replace the OH ring with > 40 avg dmg, 80str, 8%ias, 4.5cc
Future Upgrades:
1) Innas with 150vit+
2) If you want to stick with crafted bracers, you will need to get some 150str/150vit (minimum) IK Boots, unless you hit the jackpot and can afford some MS IC's. The Problem with crafted bracers is that it is forcing you to use both ring slots to hit your breakpoints because you're using an IK Helm as well. I actually like IK Helm for budget ww/hota build because for HOTA u need as much cc as u can get. If you were to drop the bracers for lacunis (80str/5cc/8ias), you could then pick up Non-MS IC's (180str/150vit) and also use an SOJ.
3) higher DPS EF (try to push towards 1200DPS)
4) 250str/50vit IK Belt
5) Keep crafting STR ammies
Budget: Around 30M without gems
EF: MH
Farm Elites?: Yes :)

1) Mempo (180str+/9%ias)
2) Blackthornes Chest (90str/180vit)
3) Blackthornes Pants (150str/150vit)
4) Lacunis (str/vit/9%ias)
5) IK Belt (180str/80vit)
6) IK Boots (90str+/90vit)
7) Gloves (90str/vit/9ias/9cc)
8) Ammy (avg dmg, 100str, 50cd, 8-9cc)
9) Ring (avg dmg, 80str, 6-7%ias, 4.5cc)
10) Ring (avg dmg, 80str, 30cd, 4.5cc) OR an SOJ (Non-barb 6%cold, 28%+ elite dmg)
11) Work on crafting shoulders first (200str/200vit/60ar)
12) Weapons
MH EF
- .25-.25aps
- 1100dps+, 150str, os
OH Sword
- 100str, 80cd, 2.8ls, os
NOTE: There's a Sword on the AH right now for 2.5M (190str,80cd,2.8ls,os)

@Zak
Thanks bro for sure.. ill add you a bit later.

06/11/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Trumpk1n
No problem, had to go with the sword.

Not atm tbh. Looks pretty damn solid though bro, well done. Only thing i would say is the sword need a bit more CD (80cd+). once u craft a nice pair of gloves to replace ur IK's, drop the IAS Unity for a CD Unity. As for the cc mempo, a double str mempo (250str+) will outperform a mediocre cc mempo for pure ww (tDPS wise). UNTIL you can afford one over 4%cc, dont buy a swap meet cc mempo.. not worth it.
Nived id be curious to know what you think i could improve for my WW/HoTA build. i figure at this point i need to start crafting some ammys since i gave up on trying to craft some nice vit shoulders but if theres something(s) i can purchase thatll be a worthwhile upgrade id like to hear it. ive got a couple bil to play with. i really wanna be able to melt ubers quickly.
Thanks nived. Any guess on what my current oh is worth? There's not many things like it on AH, but could be a significant budget increase.

also, I'm not married to the bracers, I got lucky and crafted those on my 5th try. I was just worried that I couldn't afford lacuni's with cc and AR, and I didn't think I could afford the cc drop on non-cc lacunis.
Edited by INeedNoPants#1666 on 6/11/2013 2:04 PM PDT
06/11/2013 01:55 PMPosted by b0lt0ns
Nived id be curious to know what you think i could improve for my WW/HoTA build.

Yea, i know what u mean on crafting should.. i am in the same situation myself having a hard time getting a good craft to replace my vile wards. You can move onto ammies, but i think you will have just as hard of a time trying to craft a trifecta ammy. You will probably be able to craft a pure dps upgrade over ur current ammy, but you will lose the slot of ias. this would result in you dropping the 2.8 breakpoint from a ww perspective. if you decide to craft an ammy and end up getting a nice dps upgrade w/o it being a trifecta, you might as well drop another slot of ias because you will just be wasting a slot (only need 4 slots of IAS to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with a .24-.25aps EF). Which leads me to my next point, get a new EF with .24-.25aps, higher DPS (1200+ and 1500 being the lowest), and cd (see mine). The reality is that at ur current state, each upgrade you purchase with gold will cost A LOT, upwards of billions.

Thanks nived. Any guess on what my current oh is worth?

Honestly, I am not fully in tune with the AH since the gold duping (i am working on it though), but pre gold dupe that dagger would sell for no more than 20-30m. That is assuming the consumers are aware that with that dagger they wont be hitting a breakpoint higher than 2.8 (3.34). That dagger, without IAS, will hit the same breakpoints as a sword (1.4aps).
also, I'm not married to the bracers, I got lucky and crafted those on my 5th try. I was just worried that I couldn't afford lacuni's with cc and AR, and I didn't think I could afford the cc drop on non-cc lacunis.

I failed to mention this in my original advice to you, but consider getting a IK Helm with 180str/60ar+. This would allow you to drop your bracers. as for the cc from your crafted bracers:
06/11/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Nived
If you were to drop the bracers for lacunis (80str/5cc/8ias)

So that will pretty much cancel out the cc as well, whilst giving a slot of MS and IAS. You could then pick up 180str/140vit non movement speed ice climbers.
90 Human Warlock
Very new barb that just recently switched from a WD
Budget: How much coinage you got bro? 1,200,000,000
EF: Would you prefer a Main Hand or Off Hand EF? I know you said MH is better so thats fine

Thanks again for helping a newb out <3
EF: Would you prefer a Main Hand or Off Hand EF? I know you said MH is better so thats fine

may want to post d3 profile link, he offers help based on your current gear

may want to post d3 profile link, he offers help based on your current gear

Really sorry about that. Here is my Diablo account.

1) Mempo (250str+/9%ias)
2) IK Chest (150str/2000vit)
3) Innas (150vit/9%ias)
4) Lacunis (80str/5cc/9%ias) - you can throw in some vit on the lacunis as well, but you will have to lower the cc to 4.5% to better suit ur budget.
5) IK Belt (250str/50vit)
6) Non-MS Ice Climbers (180str/140vit)
7) You will want to eventually craft STR gloves for an upgrade, but get some temporary gloves off the AH w/ 90str/vit/9ias/9cc
8) Same logic applies to your ammy. You will want to craft this upgrade, but if you wish to get a temporary ammy get one with 40 avg dmg, 150str, 50cd, 8-9cc
9) Ring 1: Unity w/ 40 avg dmg, 150str, 30cd, 4.5cc and try to get one with the maximum 4% bonus vs elites.
10) Ring 2: If you budget well enough and get everything on open bid purchases, you will be able to grab a -3/-4 HOTA SOJ w/ 6% (ANY ELEMENTAL DMG) and 28%+ elite dmg. These will run a few hundred mill. If you dont have enough gold at the end of all you purchases, i suggest settling for a temporary Non-Barb SOJ w/ 6% cold, 30% elite dmg.
11) Work on crafting shoulders (200str/200vit/60ar). You can grab some temporary shoulders off the AH.
12) Weapons
MH EF
- .24-.25aps
- 1200-1250dps, 150str, os
OH Stat Stick
a) sword - 200str, 80cd, os (LS if you can afford it)
b) dagger - 100+str, 80cd, ias, ls, os (if the available options are too expensive, try dropping the CD a bit)
Edited by Nived#1902 on 6/11/2013 5:22 PM PDT

1) Mempo (250str+/9%ias)
2) IK Chest (150str/2000vit)
3) Innas (150vit/9%ias)
4) Lacunis (80str/5cc/9%ias) - you can throw in some vit on the lacunis as well, but you will have to lower the cc to 4.5% to better suit ur budget.
5) IK Belt (250str/50vit)
6) Non-MS Ice Climbers (180str/140vit)
7) You will want to eventually craft STR gloves for an upgrade, but get some temporary gloves off the AH w/ 90str/vit/9ias/9cc
8) Same logic applies to your ammy. You will want to craft this upgrade, but if you wish to get a temporary ammy get one with 40 avg dmg, 150str, 50cd, 8-9cc
9) Ring 1: Unity w/ 40 avg dmg, 150str, 30cd, 4.5cc and try to get one with the maximum 4% bonus vs elites.
10) Ring 2: If you budget well enough and get everything on open bid purchases, you will be able to grab a -3/-4 HOTA SOJ w/ 6% (ANY ELEMENTAL DMG) and 28%+ elite dmg. These will run a few hundred mill. If you dont have enough gold at the end of all you purchases, i suggest settling for a temporary Non-Barb SOJ w/ 6% cold, 30% elite dmg.
11) Work on crafting shoulders (200str/200vit/60ar). You can grab some temporary shoulders off the AH.
12) Weapons
MH EF
- .25-.25aps
OH Stat Stick
a) sword - 200str, 80cd, os (LS if you can afford it)
b) dagger - 100+str, 80cd, ias, ls, os (if the available options are too expensive, try dropping the CD a bit)

Thank you so much!! <3
MH EF
- .24-.25aps

TYPO Fixed.
06/11/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Nived
Nived id be curious to know what you think i could improve for my WW/HoTA build.

Yea, i know what u mean on crafting should.. i am in the same situation myself having a hard time getting a good craft to replace my vile wards. You can move onto ammies, but i think you will have just as hard of a time trying to craft a trifecta ammy. You will probably be able to craft a pure dps upgrade over ur current ammy, but you will lose the slot of ias. this would result in you dropping the 2.8 breakpoint from a ww perspective. if you decide to craft an ammy and end up getting a nice dps upgrade w/o it being a trifecta, you might as well drop another slot of ias because you will just be wasting a slot (only need 4 slots of IAS to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with a .24-.25aps EF). Which leads me to my next point, get a new EF with .24-.25aps, higher DPS (1200+ and 1500 being the lowest), and cd (see mine). The reality is that at ur current state, each upgrade you purchase with gold will cost A LOT, upwards of billions.

speaking of billions the only place to find an EF with those stats and 1200+ DPS is the RMAH and they are like 5-10b converted to gold. how much did you score yours for, if youre willing to divulge ;)

would buying something with a similar DPS to mine (slightly higher but likely still under 1100) but having .25 aps and maybe slightly more crit stat even be a worthwhile upgrade?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]