Diablo® III

EDIT: DE drop rate is definitely a bug.

(Locked)

I am asking for balance, not pandering for double the chances for a drop. At the very least, check the drop chances and the paragraph after it please. Otherwise, your decision is going to be ill informed and very biased towards your own experiences. MP 10 shouldn't be efficient? Keys/organs 100% in MP 10. What would be the point in MP 10? It doesn't challenge a lot of players anymore, so why make that the only consideration?

EDIT: I now consider this a bug. Basically the same information is posted directly below this. You can agree with me or disagree, but a game that expects you to have literally impossible to obtain gear isn't working and is a bug. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344634484

Very Important:

Comparing my experience with DE drops, about 70% of my drops in MP 5 is the amount I get in MP 10. So if I got 10 in MP 5, I'd get 7 in MP 10. Assuming Mannercookie's drop rate and using the ratio I just stated, he has 260k or so dps unbuffed with an SoJ. Let's give a 1:3 ratio on MP 5 and 1:1 on MP 10 (meaning I am being generous and saying you are getting less in MP 5 with the increase in DPS). That's around 650k dps unbuffed (impossible with SoJ).

650k dps unbuffed
MP 5 = 40 x 1.5 = 60 DE per hour
MP 10 = 28 x 2.5 = 70 DE per hour

520k dps unbuffed
MP 5 = 40 x 1.5 = 60 DE per hour
MP 10 = 28 x 2 = 56 DE per hour

Assuming a party of 4 with the average DPS of 250k. The enemies have 250% health, divide it by 4 and they have 75% eHP and add on 50% more kills. That's 1.75x faster than before.

28 x 1.75 = 49 DE per hour in MP 10. MP 5 doesn't matter as you'd waste more time since the elite packs will die in under 5 seconds as it is in MP 10. Is that 10 per hour worth it to you to organize a group for every time you want to do this? Constantly relogging to get your CD back?

Who doesn't see a problem here? Can't even compare the two theoretically speaking with nearly max possible dps unbuffed, perfectly rolled gear. What's the point in doing MP 10 for DE at this point apart from if you want to gear other characters?

This is what we have now

MP 0 = 0% boost from MP 0 = 15%
10% boost from previous MP = 16.5%
10% boost from previous MP = 18.15%
10% boost from previous MP = 19.96~%
10% boost from previous MP = 21.96~%
10% boost from previous MP = 24.15~% MP 5
10% boost from previous MP = 26.57~%
10% boost from previous MP = 29.23~%
10% boost from previous MP = 32.15~%
10% boost from previous MP = 35.36~%
10% boost from previous MP = 38.90~%

This is how it should be

MP 0 = 0% boost from MP 0 = 15%
10% boost from previous MP = 16.5%
11% boost from previous MP = 18.31~%
11% boost from previous MP = 20.32~%
11% boost from previous MP = 22.56~%
13% boost from previous MP = 25.49~% MP 5
15% boost from previous MP = 29.32~%
18% boost from previous MP = 34.60~%
21% boost from previous MP = 41.86~%
24% boost from previous MP = 51.91~%
30% boost from previous MP = 67.49~%

Important:

You don't think it needs to be changed? You are either poor, don't actually hunt for them or throw them away (dumbest thing I've ever heard). If you think that lowering the difficulty to reap better rewards is a good thing, you clearly don't understand what difficulty is for apart from the "challenge". How does it make sense that I get 150% efficacy from MP 5 compared to MP 10? Why do people even argue this point? Do I really deserve more benefits for doing something much easier?

Filler:

This is easy enough to understand even if you skim over it, not trying to patronize if anyone thinks that. This post is not only about having more drops, but the fact that the drop rate is so imbalanced, it needs to be changed. Just give it a read and even just for the sake of balance, try to have an open mind. This also has nothing to do with "not playing the game". I want to play it, but having less incentive to do what I want/can do is pretty boring/lame. For the people that say this makes the game easier, more required time doesn't create difficulty, it creates wasted hours and creates the illusion of difficulty. If it required tactical battles that take a long time, that's hard. Having your player run for 2 mins instead of 1 minute, doesn't make the game harder.

Important:

It takes anywhere from 1/244,000-1/400,000+ to get a single slot to have the 6 stats you want, let alone having the top 25% of the points scale. The best DE per hour is around 40+ and that's assuming you have the top 5% in gear. That means, potentially, it's going to take you 6,100-10,000 (over 1 year) hours per slot. That is the best case scenario. There is nothing harder about spending 10,000 hours compared to 2,000 hours, it is simply a waste of time and bad design.

Filler:

I did the math and every single MP starting from MP 0 (15%) all the way up to MP 10 (38.906~%) goes up by a strict value of 10%. This is BAD and is a bad design. It doesn't scale with the difficulty, at all. No extra incentive to do a higher MP. This is exactly what happened with the experience. No point in doing higher than the MP where things instantly die.

Semi Important:

I don't feel like I'm asking for much more than what is expected of the programmers/designers. This should have been seen from a mile away. You have an extreme scaling HP/Damage/Now exp ratio, then you make DE have a flat rate alongside that? Does that make any sense to anyone? Clearly, I'm not asking for 100% drop rates, but I am asking for a more balanced ratio. Also, bosses should drop more often and has a chance to drop 2. It won't drop 2 unless you have 5 stacks.

Chance to drop on bosses
125% of current MP total drop rate = 84.36% at MP 10

Chance to double drop
20% of current MP total drop rate = 13.49~% at MP 10

Semi Important:

Pretty sure, just pretty sure, this is more balanced. The chance to double drop is also to say it does drop a DE at all. On MP 10, you'll have on average, roughly 49~% of the time, you will get a double drop on MP 10. On MP 0 however, you'd have 18.75% chance to get a DE and 3% chance to get a double drop. That's roughly 11~% of the time, you're going to get double drops.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/20/2013 8:52 PM PDT
I know, it's tiring seeing these threads, but at least what I posted has credibility and doesn't just seem like someone is crying about the drop rates. I've helped develop a few games and I've never seen anyone "balance" or create things this backwards. They just take a bunch of numbers, or even just 2 numbers in this case and throw it together. It's horribly stupid and thoughtless. Just to put a band-aid on the game and expect people to never get sick of it, as if it's actually good game design.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/10/2013 10:39 PM PDT
As long as we can change key/organ drops to be more balanced as well.
To be honest, I think the drop rates of organs/keys is fine the way it is. I just think the amount of keys required for the portals is to many and the fact that you only get 1 ring per run. The ring isn't good enough to spend a bit over an hour solo, if you're really good, to get one ring. It takes 20 mins alone, with a good party or a very strong solo player, just to kill the ubers a single time. They need to lower it to 3 keys for all 3 ports instead of 9 and give more than a single roll for the ring. A second type that has no experience and possibly even a fireball on it.

That's here nor there. Please, comment about the main topic instead of talking about something else.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/10/2013 10:57 PM PDT
We should also scale damage to be more in line with hp. I mean, monster damage on mp10 is only 250% of what it is on mp0? What kinda sissy crap is that?
06/10/2013 10:57 PMPosted by jt217
We should also scale damage to be more in line with hp. I mean, monster damage on mp10 is only 250% of what it is on mp0? What kinda sissy crap is that?

I'd appreciate that you stop trolling. I'm sure the damage should be higher, but don't come here just to patronize. Don't deny that you are trolling, since what you're saying isn't even on topic.
It is on topic, because if you assert that DE drop rates should scale like hp/xp, there's no reason to say that other similar things shouldn't also scale like hp/xp. Unless you have a special reason for why DEs are different than keys/organs and damage and would like to tell us what that is.
So, if I want to bake a cake, I tell you it needs flour. Am I supposed to tell you every single food in the world that needs flour? See what I'm getting at?
Not at all. You've written up this great post about balance to show that the DE drop rate needs to be increased. Cool. But what about keys/organs? Do they need to be balanced? What about damage? Does it need to be balanced? Why do you think DEs need to be balanced but keys/organs and damage don't?

The truth is simple. Raising the DE drop rate makes the game easier while lowering the key/organ drop rate and increasing damage makes the game harder. You don't actually care about balance, you just want the game to be easier. Do you know what people who cry about stuff being too hard are normally called? Do you think you should be called that same thing?
Honestly this game needs a gold sink and DE drop rates should be 100% on mp0. Who cares if people gear fast, this game is boring before you are in "bis" gear. Only reason why I play it is because TESO isn't out yet. :D
Not at all. You've written up this great post about balance to show that the DE drop rate needs to be increased. Cool. But what about keys/organs? Do they need to be balanced? What about damage? Does it need to be balanced? Why do you think DEs need to be balanced but keys/organs and damage don't?

The truth is simple. Raising the DE drop rate makes the game easier while lowering the key/organ drop rate and increasing damage makes the game harder. You don't actually care about balance, you just want the game to be easier. Do you know what people who cry about stuff being too hard are normally called? Do you think you should be called that same thing?

Apparently spending more money faster and throwing it into the gutter, while also not spending a potential of 10,000+ (250,000+ DE) hours just to have a chance at a single slot having 6 stats that you want, let alone being godly, apparently makes the game easier. So you're telling me, if I spend 10,000 hours in a game instead of 1,000 hours in a game, I played a harder game? Apparently since you can beat Silent Hill on the hardest mode in under 3 hours, the easiest mode should take me 30 minutes? MAKES SENSE! Seriously, leave. You are just picking words that you want to attempt to create an argument that you win at. Actually, keep posting. You'll bump the post even more. I'm going to put you into my ignore list now so I don't spend more time. No wait! The forums are to easy now!
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 6/10/2013 11:25 PM PDT

Apparently spending more money faster and throwing it into the gutter, while also not spending a potential of 10,000 hours just to have a chance at one slot having 6 stats that you want, let alone being godly, apparently makes the game easier. So you're telling me, if I spend 10,000 hours in a game instead of 1,000 hours in a game, I played a harder game? Apparently since you can beat Silent Hill on the hardest mode in under 3 hours, the easiest mode should take me 30 minutes? MAKES SENSE! Seriously, leave. You are just picking words that you want to attempt to create an argument that you win at.

DEs are a way to get better gear. Higher DE drop rates means getting better gear faster. I know that you think that if you type a whole bunch of words you can twist "getting better gear faster" into "making the game harder" but most of us don't care.
06/10/2013 11:12 PMPosted by FeAr
Honestly this game needs a gold sink and DE drop rates should be 100% on mp0. Who cares if people gear fast, this game is boring before you are in "bis" gear. Only reason why I play it is because TESO isn't out yet. :D

It does need a gold sink, it has one which is DE, it just can't be used very effectively. Also, having 100% drop rate is extremely dumb on any MP as far as DE is concerned. No offense.
Diablo has always been about grinding... hence the longer hours required to farm for demonic essences.
06/11/2013 12:11 AMPosted by DKSMOOVE
Diablo has always been about grinding... hence the longer hours required to farm for demonic essences.

Do you not find it ridiculous how long it takes just to get them though comparative to the chance there is to even get the correct 6 skills? I'll update the first post so you can see the chances.
I made this for a new perspective on the situation, to perhaps sway some people's minds.
94 Undead Warlock
lol I can't see Blizzard adding a child,s mode for these guys.
+1 I agree.
bump bump bump, wanted to create a similar thread.
You should have to use a shield in MP10 or you simply just die flat out. Shields should have a use outside of just hardcore mode.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]