Diablo® III

The New Challenge My SF Hardcore

Decided today that my SC is maxed for what i can afford althou a bit of crafting should net me some gains but the fun is going out of the game. Not wanting this to happen since i love Diablo and Monks I have decided to try and make a HCSF(Hardcore/Self Found) Monk. I Think this should definitely make for some new and challenging gameplay. Since I only played one HC char before I have nothing in my HC AH screen as well i have very little money less than 1k. I do have 2 upgraded stash spots but i dont think thats a big deal. I will be posting on my progress.
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 7/6/2013 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Find a group and play in party...Disconnects suck.
Reply Quote
Started last night got a little too sure of myself tried killing Skelton king with mp turned on and died. . So I began a new hardcore now I realized I better take it easy He now sits at level 15 just made it to act 2.

About the disconnects I never get them in soft core should it be a problem in hard core
Reply Quote
DC's are fairly common in HC, you'll probably have a few.
Reply Quote
Well hopefully i dont get any since i dont really have anyone to run with :(
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 09:00 PMPosted by jco310

more common than in SC? wonder why that would be.... i have never been disconnected in SC aside from launch week.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Tarzan

more common than in SC? wonder why that would be.... i have never been disconnected in SC aside from launch week.

It's possible that you have super hardware and a wonderful internet connection, and have been really lucky on top of that. But it's also possible you just don't remember every time there was an internet blip and you were stuck punching air for 10 seconds. Or if the game crashed (or your computer did) and you had to reload it. Or any of other minor technical disruptions to play that are mostly non-events in SC.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Demiwraith
But it's also possible you just don't remember every time there was an internet blip and you were stuck punching air for 10 seconds.

I have experienced this before. As for pc or internet problems I am blessed in those departments :) but if anyone would like to play some hardcore with me I am down
Reply Quote
@BladeMaster

I have been recently thinking of picking up the HC/SF as well, I just finished the skelly king on 2 chars. Hit me up for some teamplay!!
Smotpoker#1222
Reply Quote
Making Nice Progress my HC monk now sits at level 30 just about to finish off normal so far its been a walk in the park but thats to be expected. i think i am doin alright so far bells are hitting nice and hard cant wait to unlock some good skills to go with it :)
Reply Quote
Have now progressed into nitemare Diablo took a bit of work as dps is lower than I would like but he barely did any damage to my s&b monk. Plan on playing Tuesday night might get to hell. Happy slaying
Reply Quote
Well hit some more hcsf tonight had the pleasure of having nameless as well as narcolepsy join in on the fun.
Managed to finish act 1 of nightmare. Butcher fell easy finding act 2 to be alot harder so far i really need some more vit. I have made it into the oasis so i may just farm vota elites for a couple levels and hopefully snag an upgrade.

Dropped my sheild and now i am Dw it at least for now the extra dps is making some difference
Reply Quote
Sorry I couldn't stick around for long. It was super late for me! I have a thread about this too -- a little later to the party than you (maybe you subliminally influenced me).

It also looks like I'm kind of starting a "league" (some may call it a guild) of HCSFers. I've listed some of the "members" in my thread (of which, you are actually one too). The main rule for us is that none of us are to use the AH for anything... but anything crafted, purchased at vendors or found by someone within this group is fair game. I guess it's more like HC Team Found.

It's actually a lot of fun, and we're in the process of levelling up a bunch of characters. I think that as people die, more people join in the fun of levelling up a new HC character until we are all up to speed. Anyway, if you are interested, I have a thread going about this too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377318563

Feel free to chirp in there too. Maybe this can turn into a group blog or something, as this can be quite a bit of fun. And I would love to try to attract more people into this, as I think this way of playing changes your approach to the game and it can really reinvigorate interest into it.

HCSF FTW!!!
Reply Quote
It's pretty easy until Hell, and then, well it sucks. I hope you guys can last on HCSF, it's definitely a challenge.
Reply Quote
Join......us......Jco.......join......us..... :P
Reply Quote
I tried it last year. I lost interest in it once Hell was reached, the gear limitations playing self found were too tedious to overcome. I didn't want to spend a few 100 hours acquiring the drops needed to progress and complete Inferno.

With the changes in 1.08, I may try again. If you can get a barb to run Inspiring Presence and a monk to run MoH Sustenance, I imagine you'd have a fairly strong team with regards to sustain and could probably go for a more DPS orientated build. The challenge is once you reach Hell and of course Inferno. Without AR and life, you will need to kite most elites and hope to not run into nasty packs in the confined areas, namely Act 3 keeps and the towers.
Reply Quote
See....this is why we need you to come over to SFHC! All our invaluable knowledge and experience! Plus it's the newest in thing :P

Sorry for semi hijacking your thread OP. oh and if you're on too late for nameless, you might be on when I am. I would be more than happy to run with you.
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 7/6/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am definitely down to see if we could start a sfhc league. so far it has been a ton of fun the gameplay is completely different.

@wannabee
abouslutely add me we can do some runs:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]