Diablo® III

Xbox One U.S. Pre-Sale sold out on Amazon

Some are saying getting one on launch day will actually be difficult as they are selling so fast.

So much for the Xbox One will fail and "Sony has already won the console war" theory.

I will be buying both eventually but, it just goes to show, not everyone is thinking always online and used game restrictions are a deal breaker and death sentence for MS.
Reply Quote
Uh, it's available on Amazon right now.

Just because certain entities or publications claim something is selling out, that doesn't necessarily make it so. Questioning everything you read is probably a good idea.
Reply Quote
Sorry should have said almost sold out. Like they said, they are going fast and will be sold out shortly unless MS can guarantee them more will be available. Point is, it is a far cry from the MS death knoll everyone has been predicting the last day or so.

I'm not a big fan of some of the things they want to implement with the next gen but, I won't be boycotting them over it. DRM and always online is going to be pretty much standard eventually. Might as well get used to it. Sony was the ones who decided to make Cinavia watermarking as part of their DRM and people screamed about that for awhile. Now, nobody could give a rats behind.

The only thing I have a problem with is the once every 24 hour check-in. But, I think maybe (or hope) they will backtrack on that one. That one is pretty dumb considering how many people take their systems to cottages, vacations, not to mention all of the military people around the world away from home 90% of the time. That one is definitely a stupid move on their part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

The only thing I have a problem with is the once every 24 hour check-in. But, I think maybe (or hope) they will backtrack on that one. That one is pretty dumb considering how many people take their systems to cottages, vacations, not to mention all of the military people around the world away from home 90% of the time. That one is definitely a stupid move on their part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTAKSBvuT-A

He basically says that if you can't always be online then too bad, you should just stick with the 360. This implies that they won't be making any changes to the online restrictions and that they just don't care about people that have internet issues.
Reply Quote
Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately MS seems to be losing touch with it's customer base i.e. the people that made them who they are. I don't know what they are thinking these days first with the Windows 8 debacle and now the always online, once a day check in for the console.

The system looks awesome however. Some of the things you can do with it are amazing. And some of the exclusive games look very promising. I just don't understand the attitude with the CO's. Maybe they should just shut up instead of peeing off their customer base every time they open their mouths.

I'm still debating about pre-ordering or just waiting until they hit the shelf. The thing is, none of the negative issues affect me personally as I have a very stable 20MB connection. It's only been down once in the last 2 years and only for a couple of hours. But I can see how people with limited or no connectivity are upset with their lack of compassion for their once loyal customers. Kind of shameful.
Reply Quote
haha heres a nice half troll/half truth for ya its like D3 It might screw people over but itl make $$$ and some people will love it
Reply Quote
I will be buying both eventually but, it just goes to show, not everyone is always thinking ...online and used game restrictions are a deal breaker and death sentence for MS.

There fixed that for ya.

Bolded part is the only relevant information required.

Sure it may be almost sold out, but considering all it's features, my only question is who's buying? I'm certainly not putting my money on the customers buying it be 90% gamers.

Hell I'm sure most of the consumers don't even know there's a 24 hour check-in. I'll guarantee you that Xbox One or Xbone as I hear my friends calling it already, won't have any JRPGs or very little considering X360 did so poorly in japan, that's a big turn off for me. I heard they might not even sell XBOne there.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 6/12/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
and people waited in freezing snow all night to buy the PS2 for $1000 USD

Same happened with PS3 for $1000 USD.
Reply Quote
I don't really care about any of the draconian measures they are taking. It doesn't really affect me all that much. Yes what they are doing sucks and heavy handed and pretty much pointless but the only thing I care about in the end is how good are the games. So far, the exclusives look pretty good. I'm just not sure if they are $500 good. Maybe they'll have a price drop just before or after the holidays. But even still, it would probably be no more than $50 unless they started skimping on hard drive size or some such thing.

Like I said, I enjoyed both the 360 and PS3 and will likely buy both next gens as well. The thing I'm debating is, which one do I get first? My heart tells me Xbox One. My head tells me PS4. If MS wasn't being such dicks, the decision would have been a lot simpler. :(
Edited by BlayneRTFM#1654 on 6/12/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:59 PMPosted by BlayneRTFM
So far, the exclusives look pretty good. I'm just not sure if they are $500 good

Heh, that's the big question are either consoles worth that much? As you've stated you own both, perhaps hold your money and wait for more ps3 titles first before getting either of the new gen consoles since PS3 still has more titles coming whereas X360 has hit its peak due to technical limitations.
Reply Quote
It's called marketing. They will lie if they have to. PS4 ALL THE WAY.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've never owned any Xbag.
I just figure if they wanted me to
play Halo, they'd put it on Windows, too.
Seriously, no games they have ever
interested me.
What was that Insomniac exclusive they
showed? Sunset something..
it honestly looks like something that will bomb.
Won't get a Nintendo with a new Zelda.
Not even sure i want a PS4...
maybe i'm just over console gaming at this point.
Reply Quote
Not saying this as an attack on MS / xBox One but...

I was reading on Neogaf and it was corroberated by many posters that at least at Gamestop they are being allowed to take an average of 3x as many PS4 pre-orders as they are xBox ones.

I've already pre-ordered and paid for both.

Beyond that I don't argue with fanboys of either system, they are as bad as the political idiots on both sides of the isle.

I don't get all the console bashing either. I've had all three systems - yes even a wii - ever since there were three systems. And will continue to have all three systems, although it will be a while before I get a Wii U. The thing is, the differences between the Sony and MS consoles is so negligible as to be pointless. Besides, developers will code the game according to the system with the lowest specs. I mean, how many titles that were on both systems took advantage of the PS3's extra power? Almost none.

Most critics considered the Xbox controller slightly superior to the PS one. But, Sony took the ergonomics of the Xbox controller and applied some of it to the PS4 controller so, they will feel somewhat similar now. Just slightly different button orientation and the PS4 touch pad being the only real difference.

I prefer the Xbox over the PS just because it suits my style - not because there is anything superior about it. My kids are big Halo and Gears fans so, I just got used to playing it more. So, anyone who says this system is superior to that system has to realize, that it's just personal preference. It's like arguing who makes the best bread or pizza. It's just personal taste. I just get mad at fan boys raving about "their" system and will jump to the defence of either one. Both have their good points. Both have had some pretty low points. Why anyone would hope a system that someone else enjoys turns out to be a pile of crap is beyond me. I hope both systems do well. That way, we get strong competition, better hardware and better games.

I just wish they'd both throw in quality mouse and keyboard support :P
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 08:50 AMPosted by BlayneRTFM
Beyond that I don't argue with fanboys of either system, they are as bad as the political idiots on both sides of the isle.

lol, you should come to Canada we have 5 Official political parties, 14 registered political parties and 8 unregistered political parties. 27 in total.

And one of the 5 official parties main goal is to break up the country by separating from the rest of Canada. Quite the cluster f...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]