Diablo® III

Upon launching game client, monitor shuts off

Once I open the Diablo III game client, before even clicking "Play," my desktop monitor goes dark, and I receive the message "Entering Power Save Mode" and will stay in this state until I wake it up. Then when game starts-up, it does it again and continues until the log-in screen is reached. It did not begin doing this until tonight. Unfortunately, I am unable to take a screenshot of this as the game client is seemingly affecting my monitor. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thank you kindly.
Reply Quote
im not certain, but your ingame resolution might be in an unsupported range for your monitor. to fix this you will have to go into your my documents/DiabloIII/D3Prefs. Make a copy of that file and save it to your desktop. open the file in my documents/DiabloIII/D3Prefs. There will be a list a values. you want to find the lines "DisplayModeWidth" and "DisplayModeHeight". Right click your desktop and click on screen resolution. change the values in the D3Prefs to that resolution. So, if it says 1024x768, you would change the values to "DisplayModeWidth "1024"" "DisplayModeHeight "768""

save the file and reload Diablo. It SHOULD work. if you screw up the file in my
documents/DiabloIII/D3Prefs, you always have the copy on your desktop to re-save.

Post back here even if it works :)
Edited by MNBrootal#1170 on 6/12/2013 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My graphics settings never changed from when I first began playing, and even after adjusting them and performing the above actions you provided, there was no difference. It doesn't happen once I'm logged in, but only upon opening the game, then again when I press "play."
Reply Quote
I too actually have this happen, I have a Dell desktop monitor hooked up to my laptop and I never have had an issue before patch 1.08. It seems after this patch it has been happening randomly and not every time, but it only happens for Diablo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]