Diablo® III

Do you feel satisfied about YOUR demon hunter

I've seen people saying that we needs buffs to keep up with other classes, etc. This is not related to issues about the demon hunter itself, only YOUR demon hunter and how you are playing him/her.

But in all honesty, are you satisfied with your demon hunter? Can you play and enjoy the game at a comfortable level?

My answer :

Yes. I really enjoy DH. I have enough dps, ehp to play at a comfortable level on top of nat legacy set. I am always open minded when trying new ideas, since our class is very diverse. Many of my friends always welcome me to play with no issues, or even random groups.

^ selfish a bit?
Reply Quote
I am still working my way towards 300k DW and I have some more improvements to make to my uber tank DH, but otherwise I am very satisfied with my DH and the class in general. Gameplay trumps DPS in my opinion. The DH really shines in this aspect.

I tried leveling other classes to 60 but I just couldn't do it, it was painful and I missed my DH greatly. DH for life baby.

I see MP10 as something to work towards and destroy in the future, I feel no great desire or need to log in and play it every single time I log in. I like the idea of an area I have not "beat" yet and that is mostly there for the challenge.

The vast majority of DH's I see are happy on MP 1 TO 6 (IMO This is what Travis was referring to when he said DH's are in a good place right now) and I see a great variety of builds and that's really interesting and keeps me playing, there is always something new to try or experiment with. I want this game to last for me and taking it slow and exploring more has been key. I made the mistake of burning out way to fast in D2LOD.

If you look at the DH class that way you can appreciate the swiss army knife quality the class has, instead everyone wants to apply the sledgehammer mentality to the class and keep comparing other classes to the DH like its a competition or something.

This is not a competition, its diablo, play your game, destroy demons and have fun.

Otherwise switch games. ( I hear that more than a few FPS are looking for qualified peeps).
Edited by sneakytails#1320 on 6/11/2013 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im glad some people feel that way :)

I so agree that DH isn't in line with other classes, but never stops me from playing it.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty happy with my DH. We could use a *small* buff to damage multipliers on certain skills, as well as *significant* casting cost reduction on all of our spenders. But I do agree with Travis, DH is in a pretty good spot. We just have 4 other classes that have game breaking skills with 100% uptime.

If you look at the DH class that way you can appreciate the swiss army knife quality the class has, instead everyone wants to apply the sledgehammer mentality to the class and keep comparing other classes to the DH like its a competition or something.
This is the problem, and it is NOT the DH class, it's the players.
Reply Quote
They just have better synergies and higher damage multiplier. that's all. Fun? I'd gladly use my DH and experiment.
Reply Quote
This is such a frequent topic here that it is just baffling to me. I think the gripes come mostly from players without the right skill (as in playing skill) and/or skills (as in active/passive selections). The other source is from under geared players who don't think they are undergeared.

I handle MP10 easily, and could do so even 40k DPS ago (though the pace was a bit painful). This is not your old school D2 amazon that could melt everything from across the room. There is actually skill required. Yes, if you have monster DPS (400k+) this is still possible, but for the other 99% of us, it's not going to happen. If you, like me, are in that 99% then you need to have some fairly significant defense in your gear and/or skills.

My full build including gems cost me a very reasonable 200m. If you can't afford that, then you have no business entertaining grand visions of playing MP10 as a DH. If you want to chase 400k DPS, get your credit card of choice and go for it.

I'd love to see a few more buffs for the DH to help broaden build options, but I feel like the capabilities of my DH are quite good considering what I have invested.
Reply Quote
I'm happy with the playstyle and feel of playing a DH. I am not happy with the relative inefficiency of farming with or the drastically higher amount of gold needed to bring the DH in line with all the other classes though.
Reply Quote
I'm happy with my current set-up, however I'm a bit squishy and can't handle higher than mp8.

But , having said that, It would be nice if we could have some reworking in skills. Many skills become useless at higher MP and some nerfs should just be reversed
Reply Quote
I am happy with my gear, and the variety of viable builds I can run with my DH.

I enjoy the gameplay very much, and look forward to pushing the envelope with him.

However, my DH has now become my "toy". Much like a sports car, I take him out to have fun.

When it comes time to do heavy farming or ubers... then I resort to my boring but efficient barbarian.
Reply Quote
my 260k unbuffed DH can even farm as fast as my PLVL 2 barb with 150k dps unbuffed

but i still play my DH, why because i like to that is the only reason.

DEMON HUNTERS are the biggest challenge for gearing and gameplay. FTW
Reply Quote
I'm happy with my current set-up, however I'm a bit squishy and can't handle higher than mp8.

But , having said that, It would be nice if we could have some reworking in skills. Many skills become useless at higher MP and some nerfs should just be reversed

You could argue this with other classes too.
Reply Quote
@MantisFRK

It is true that some skills become useless at high MP, but this is not inherently bad or even something to be fixed. The important thing is that every skill has its place with something that it is best at. Maybe it rocks for low level farming, maybe it helps with defense so that you can try a higher MP before you would otherwise be ready, maybe it is great for group play, etc.

Just because you may have outgrown a skill does not make it bad. If a skill is too weak or too situational to be useful for any character, then it could and should be considered bad (and should be buffed/modified). There are still a few examples of this to be sure, but not nearly as many. That is the stick against which all skills and runes should be measured.
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 6/11/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am very satisfied because my demon hunter is on a different level compare to average QQers.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 02:02 PMPosted by GodIike
I am very satisfied because my demon hunter is on a different level compare to average QQers.

but still leagues behind real DHs xD
Reply Quote

For sure. I am very behind at farming Act 1 cota or making tryhard videos.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 02:11 PMPosted by GodIike
For sure. I am very behind

yep
Reply Quote
xx
Edited by MrCache#1581 on 7/16/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Need better gears..but crafting isn't working for me :( and i refuse to upgrade where i can craft.
Reply Quote

So you mock those worse than you and mock those better than you. Well, aren't we full of happiness and self-confidence.
Reply Quote

So you mock those worse than you and mock those better than you. Well, aren't we full of happiness and self-confidence.

Just that he has the best build and gears in the world and he still couldn't do significantly better than an above average dh makes me want to troll him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]