Diablo® III

So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

So all I have to do to find better loot is play a different game?

Good to know.
Reply Quote
Wow even the interface for the Console version looks better!

They just tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/344526943598809088/photo/1

I guess the PC was the Beta, of Beta's.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 6/11/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not surprising.
Reply Quote
It sounds like the console version allows characters to be stored locally, this alone makes it a disaster.
Edited by seekrtz#1991 on 6/11/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the good news is ..if the console version is releasing..our beta test may be over soon \
Reply Quote
This is old news... I'm more pissed off that PS3 version gets 5 exclusive items on top of the pre-order Infernal Helm and all of the PC CE items all for no additional cost. Where's my crimson wings, infernal helm, leoric's gauntlets, and leah's ring, dammit?! Watch Blizzard try to sell these to us in a future real money item shop or put them into the expansion CE while giving the console expansion even more unique stuff. Yay for PC getting the shaft...
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Scorch
This is old news... I'm more pissed off that PS3 version gets 5 exclusive items on top of the pre-order Infernal Helm and all of the PC CE items all for no additional cost. Where's my crimson wings, infernal helm, leoric's gauntlets, and leah's ring, dammit?! Watch Blizzard try to sell these to us in a future real money item shop or put them into the expansion CE while giving the console expansion even more unique stuff. Yay for PC getting the shaft...

I understand everything but this argument is weak in my opinion. Have you seen the stats on these "exclusive" items? They are pretty terrible IMO.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Scorch

while i do agree. I expected this form them. Activation did this for Blops 2 and ever since then i dont trust them. I pre-ordered blops 2 for nuketown's exclusive map to only have it removed, then brought back into a mush pit (because of a potential lawsuit). I literally stopped playing the game that day and sold it on ebay. Just wish i hadn't bought d3 during the same time. Activation and its "owned" companies are using the same tatics. This truly isn't a suprise to see CE users getting shafted.
Reply Quote
To be honest, i didnt believe blizzard will disappoint me that much. Consoles will get a version of D3 i always wanted. No AH and better drops. I have no idea what on earth is stopping them from giving a PC version the same. Just a damn new mode with no AH and slightly improved drops. Wouldnt that be fair? Are we asking too much?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 11:23 AMPosted by mat82284
HOW DOES A CONSOLE GET THIS FIRST????????

This is one of those "really needs a blue response, but won't get one because lol why not" comments. Don't expect an answer.

Think they can dole out the next patch in three months? I don't.
Reply Quote
O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L

Hopefully enough people convert to console so that we lose all the whiner babies...

Think about it. You just got all emotional (excited, upset, whatever you want to call it because I don't want to hurt your feelings further) because Blizzard said they are releasing an easier version of the game... What could this possibly say about you?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 11:50 AMPosted by mat82284
Hopefully this shuts up all the idiots who say if you don't like the ah just don't use it.

Exactly! The pc version was designed around the AH and everyone said it wasn't. The game has bad loot on purpose. The Console version doesnt have an AH so they need to design the loot around that.

I've been saying this for a long time now. The AH is about Micro-transactions only. They are in it for the money now. Blizzard lost all respect and there reputation and as time goes on they keep doing things that are proving the fans correct like this one.

How thick can you be?

- The "Less but better" drop quality approach has been in the works for a long time.
- Blizzard said that they had to take the AH into account when they setup the drop rates but that doesn't mean that the AH influences drops or that they had to lower anything at all. Blues only states that they had to be aware of the AH during the process; it certainly wasn't designed around it. How people feel about it (and how they use it) is a side-effect that Blizzard didn't anticipate and they're working to fix that.
- The guy doing the interview loaded the question and the Blue responded in a way that could satisfy the guy by stating what was already being done on the PC.

Lastly:
- If you're complaining that the AH is making the game too easy; stop using it.
Reply Quote
O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L

Hopefully enough people convert to console so that we lose all the whiner babies...

Think about it. You just got all emotional (excited, upset, whatever you want to call it because I don't want to hurt your feelings further) because Blizzard said they are releasing an easier version of the game... What could this possibly say about you?

nice. Items are something that have needed to be fixed since launch, haven't been, has been admitted by Blizzard that they f-ed up, and you're calling people "whiner babies" because your mind can't comprehend that people may be upset that a year and a half will pass and we still won't get the most important fixes to the game, but the console version will. In what universe do you live in where that's fair and doesn't require that people be upset about it, but insulting them is ok?
Reply Quote
I don't see the issue, they're going to do the same thing with drops on PC. They haven't confirmed anything more than that. Yes, D3 will ship with patch 1.07, but that doesn't mean there won't be day 1 patches to get them caught up with the PC, which should have something new by then, because September is way too long to wait.
Reply Quote

Exactly! The pc version was designed around the AH and everyone said it wasn't. The game has bad loot on purpose. The Console version doesnt have an AH so they need to design the loot around that.

I've been saying this for a long time now. The AH is about Micro-transactions only. They are in it for the money now. Blizzard lost all respect and there reputation and as time goes on they keep doing things that are proving the fans correct like this one.

How thick can you be?

- The "Less but better" drop quality approach has been in the works for a long time.
- Blizzard said that they had to take the AH into account when they setup the drop rates but that doesn't mean that the AH influences drops or that they had to lower anything at all. Blues only states that they had to be aware of the AH during the process; it certainly wasn't designed around it. How people feel about it (and how they use it) is a side-effect that Blizzard didn't anticipate and they're working to fix that.
- The guy doing the interview loaded the question and the Blue responded in a way that could satisfy the guy by stating what was already being done on the PC.

Lastly:
- If you're complaining that the AH is making the game too easy; stop using it.

I'm pretty thick? That is mostly true, i'll let you interrupt it how ever you want!

As for the AH being design around the loot. YES it was. Thats why they said "@Blaine8723 Slightly! It takes a "less drops, better quality" approach -- like what we want to do with PC."

So the better loot, less drop approach was already applied since the AH was removed. This makes total sense. If you have an economy and all good loot drops lot you would have a more well balanced game, but the AH transactions would be minimal and very little profit. Why pay for something you can farm? Blizzard enjoyed the WOW monthly fee for years and KNEW 100% that if they did that to diablo it would Fall Flat on its Face. So they secretly designed a game in a way that worked for them, but inherently hurt the "Game" It's self and probably didnt plan on it, or intentionally do it. Instead their trying to find a way to fix it without loose there monthly income, but in this game world. Its just not possible to have both. Hense why diablo is doing real bad and more than 85% of the users who bought it have stopped playing.

In the games current state the RNG affect affects the items in so many ways its why the drops SUCK. RNG affects if a leg drops. Then rng affects what type of leg it is, then rng affect the quality. Then we get those stupid items like "INNAS BELT" with a BARB Skill. That shouldnt even be apart of the RNG effect. This was designed this way on purpose. They need the top items to have a higher chance of dropping crap stats forcing users to use the Gold AH, then release a GOLD DUPE to make it worthless pushing everyone to the RMAH.

As much as people want to say its a COINCIDENCE. I think not. It was a Precisely PLANNED out game plan that has made blizzard MILLIONS. Now they are doing the exact same thing on the console. They want you to leave the PC to start the process all over again on the CONSOLE, then you go back and forth paying them over and over again.

They do this with there COD series!! Why wont they do it with DIABLO. Activation is smart, and knows how to make money. This "new age" of money making Wont stop until people wake up and stop buying. Its just like how reality tv killed normal shows. Now normal shows are making a comeback and reality tv is sticking to E and mtv.
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 6/11/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has been known since start

PC Diablo 3 = paid beta testing for consoles
Reply Quote
Relax, PC is getting the item fix as well in 1.09. The console is shipping with 1.07 and that means no monster density, and no ID all (I think).

I'll wait for itemization on the PC and keep Act1 Weeps and Fields thank you.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 01:06 PMPosted by mat82284
As for the AH being design around the loot. YES it was. Thats why they said "@Blaine8723 Slightly! It takes a "less drops, better quality" approach -- like what we want to do with PC."

I think I stated that but I'll assume you missed it. So here you go...

06/11/2013 01:06 PMPosted by mat82284
So the better loot, less drop approach was already applied since the AH was removed. This makes total sense. If you have an economy and all good loot drops lot you would have a more well balanced game, but the AH transactions would be minimal and very little profit. Why pay for something you can farm? Blizzard enjoyed the WOW monthly fee for years and KNEW 100% that if they did that to diablo it would Fall Flat on its Face. So they secretly designed a game in a way that worked for them, but inherently hurt the "Game" It's self and probably didnt plan on it, or intentionally do it. Instead their trying to find a way to fix it without loose there monthly income, but in this game world. Its just not possible to have both. Hense why diablo is doing real bad and more than 85% of the users who bought it have stopped playing.

Your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

They made the AH because they wanted to encourage players to use the tools within the game instead of going to 3rd-party sites that simply cause problems to the players and, retroactively, their customer service team (kinda like how people don't understand that HC death is HC death regardless of lag). I'm pretty sure that's been explained to death already.

Your laughable theory on the whole AH thing falls flat just by the mere fact that there isn't any AH on the consoles... Oh noes! How are the evil Blizzard going to get their money now?

Here's another revelation for you: If Blizzard is evil and made the AH specifically to make money from you... why were you stupid enough to fall for it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]