Diablo® III

So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

Not sure what you're actually looking for here with your comment? We admit the item game we created in Diablo III has flaws, we've openly admitted those flaws to our players and that we want to improve them. The next big step is to identify the right way to fix those flaws and, in the process, really re-capture that lust for loot and feeling of "HOLY CRAP ORANGE" that many players feel is missing right now.

It's not just the item game which you created, it's the game in general. At first glance, it looks like I took your quote out of context, but really, a game normally doesn't have the development time of D3 and you could have had at least the "item game" nailed down (as well as everything else) in over a decade.

There is no right or wrong way to fix the item game ... but I am going to guess that the folks that make decisions that maximize RMAH profits will have the final say in how the items will change and how the "RNG" changes.
Reply Quote
I know what he meant.
He means this game was so long in the making and things are still not how they should be.
A lot of things just plain sucks.
Lylirra i know that your just a community manager but can you please tell the people that are working a couple of floors above you that they screwed it up for the pc, and that a lot of players feel betrayed.Maybe they can clear a lot of things up and you woulden't get so many angry posts.
And would somebody please interview the devs and give them some questions about what we all think.
Reply Quote
Btw why is this thread redirected and reported ?
Reply Quote
I can understand why the PC item fix is delayed, my guess is console software is new ad doesn't need
the rigorous testing involved to make sure nothing else is broken once rolled out.

But. what about the other advantages the Console has over the PC ?

Are they going to be addressed as well?

eg. better aiming......
Reply Quote
I imagine most people who use the RMAH or want to face-roll MP10 inferno will roll over and buy the console game for better loot.

Most casual/chill players will stick with PC.

But honestly it‘s probably going to look like this: $60 for an awesome ne D3 PC game, oh wait, it‘s not what I expected. Now I‘ll hand over another $60 for the console (good) version.
Eight months later an expansion is released for PC for $50 but not for console so everyone rushes back. Then another six months down the line the consoles get the expansion with exclusive better features for only $50 more.

People are going to do this to, just watch.
Reply Quote
That's disrespectful towards the community, even though I know you guys regret that the itemization blog came out so soon (e.g. Travis Day said that in his interview with Archon on Twitch). Once it's done, just stand up to it, don't hide your heads behind your hands, like they could cover you.

So, Lylirra, this comes from a respectful player who loves D3 : why did you guys stop communicating about itemization for so long ? You come out as very unprofessional, especially after you yourself said you guys were going to make efforts to communicate with the community

That's fair. At the moment, we just don't have a lot of details to share about itemization (beyond what we've already communicated). Our goal is always to share new information once it's available, but the tricky part is what to communicate in between those points. Do we just reiterate what we've already said? Do we talk high-level only? Or do we just remain mum until that new information is out? Players are definitely divided on what they want.

Going to back to Travis's blog, itemization was a very popular topic and we wanted to acknowledge the concerns that players had officially, even if we didn't have a lot of details to share about how we were going to approach specific pain points. That was also feedback we'd heard a lot of: "We don't care if you don't have any details to share. Just respond to us." And so that particular developer journal blog was born, as well as the following Ask the Devs topic.

The upside to posting Travis's blog when we did is that is tackled some of the major discussions players were having while they were new and relevant. It was also a direct response to the feedback we'd been given. The downside is that the blog came out just as we were starting to approach our itemization revamp, so there's not been a lot of new information to share between then and now. We're still working on the same ideas and theories, but nothing's really reached a point where we can communicate that a) these are the things have been locked down and b) here are all the details of how those systems will work. Also, the communication we've provided on those "in-between" stages has been met with a lot of criticism (see the responses to the all itemization-related "Ask the Devs" answers) so far. Some people even said: "I don't know why you're even bothering to answer this if you don't have any details to share" -- which was the exact opposite feedback we'd heard just a few weeks prior.

We'd love to do more informal chats like what Travis and Wyatt did with Archon on the May 15, where the developers just take some time to casually talk about the game and their approach to certain issues. We might not have a lot of new information to share in those chats, but at least it would establish a nice of cadence of conversation. Less formal, more frequent.

But I don't know -- is that something that you guys would appreciate? We're always willing to experiment and find out what method works best to getting you information about the game. (Granted, it may not always be new information since Diablo III doesn't iterate as frequently as games like World of Warcraft or ones that are still in beta, but I think just having some transparency and candid communication with the developers would be nice.)

That's great to hear but how about doing interview/chats with players that don't get gear fed from being a streamer. His outtake on the game is going to be drastically different from the person who doesn't rely on spoon fed gear, paying real money for gear, flipping more then playing.

You know the way this game was supposed to be played. I do wish you get this next patch right, I've come back from a long break and found myself doing DE warrior rest runs because I have absolutely no faith in your itemization/drops. Crafting seems to net me better results and even then its a gold/time sink. In a nut shell, game is a bit boring. Need something to make it a lot more fun. Positive affixs............
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
But I don't know -- is that something that you guys would appreciate? We're always willing to experiment and find out what method works best to getting you information about the game. (Granted, it may not always be new information since Diablo III doesn't iterate as frequently as games like World of Warcraft or ones that are still in beta, but I think just having some transparency and candid communication with the developers would be nice.)

I am sure we would all love to engage in conversations with both community managers and developers more often.

I understand that this can't happen everyday and that events like the visiting of a stream can't happen every week as well. However, I'd LOVE to see more communication to really built up the feeling of Blizzard and their fans being a community.
A community where both sides love the game and stand in a frequent exchange of what is being worked on and what issues need attention.

There are so many great posts in this forum from players I really just can characterize as visionary, and it saddens me that these are so often neglected.

Another more specific example is this: I've seen around 7-8 topics about the demonic essence drop rate being too low over the past 2 weeks. When something is coming up that often I feel that it would be necessary for a blue to give their feedback.

After all, we all just want the same thing, so I hope we can kind of "work together" more often. I'm sure that devs like positive and constructive feedback just as much as players like hearing about status quo, future ideas and feedback about current topics.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Greenhell
Players are definitely divided on what they want.

How about just what's been promised. "monthly q&a's" never happened did they?

How can you say you have no itemization details to discuss, when you've already implimented them in console? That consfuses me.

PC customers continue to get left in the dark, while you discuss console non-stop. It is what it is, you get what you deserve, many are angry, guess what blizzard, that's on you.

Sadly, I don't think Lylirra created this mess. I don't know her name, what projects she worked on, if she's here because they wanted to ship someone out from working on World of WarCraft...
Any way, though, don't be mean to blues just because they're blue.
Granted, a lot of the devs deserve flak for the product they gave us and the product they still hold. I once had a dream of working in the game design industry, but that dream is no longer here. So I have no problem criticizing Blizzard.
@Lylirra, if you read this, it would be nice if you and the team would listen to what the fans of the Diablo franchise want. Even if it's in a discussion. Hear our ideas. Take them back to your drawing table. I would love to give feedback on many of the items that are simply not useful in this game, and the lack of build diversity, and possible solutions to it. I don't think Itemization is a one-trick-pony that will fix everything. I imagine if some items become massively better than others, players will start massively using those items. So I'd like to hear about how you guys are considering itemization. And I'd like you to hold chats with regular players of the game, not just high profile streamers.
Reply Quote
@Lylirra, thank you for finally responding to us and addressing itemization and the progress.

As to your point about more open communication b/t the blues and us the community, at least for me personally, yes I would absolutely love more informal connections (e.g. Archon's stream). This at least gives us a sense of comfort and it certainly is understandable that itemization takes a bit of time.
Reply Quote
Sorry to sidetrack on this thread, i am still split between buying the PS3 or PS4 version. Since PS4 is not backward compatibile with PS3, is it possible to port the character from PS3 to PS4?
Reply Quote
give the players information = they complain about the information.
don't give players information = they complain about the lack of information.

It must be incredibly frustrating especially as a CM. That said, I definitely think the stream interview was an excellent idea and would love to see another one in time. It's a more flexible format as opposed to the itemization Q&A posts.
Reply Quote
Players need to come to terms with the fact that the console version of Diablo 3 is going to travel along a completely different path to the PC version. It's tailored for a much more casual play experience and adopts a more fast-paced, frantic approach to combat and itemization much like an arcade title would. Keep in mind that the density improvements, among other features, won't ever see the light of day on the console iteration and that's for obvious reasons.

The same goes for the 'quality over quantity' itemization changes, we will see that on the PC given time but it will be tuned in a completely different way in comparison to the console version.

Patience is virtue my fellow Nephalem.
Reply Quote
"We'd love to do more informal chats like what Travis and Wyatt did with Archon on the May 15, where the developers just take some time to casually talk about the game and their approach to certain issues. We might not have a lot of new information to share in those chats, but at least it would establish a nice of cadence of conversation. Less formal, more frequent."

sounds great. +1
the question is when and where?

SOON (Blizzard's trade mark answer for everything)...

Every questions we ask... Blizz will answer with that word
Reply Quote
Itemisation is bound with skill system since every skill is based on weapon damage only. Also we have automatic stats. All this results with wizards wielding two-handed axes. If you want to significantly improve itemisation, you have to improve the skll system too. Manual stats distribution would also be great.
Reply Quote
Do we just reiterate what we've already said? Do we talk high-level only? Or do we just remain mum until that new information is out? Players are definitely divided on what they want.

well I can tell you one thing, we don't want silence.

yet that apparently is all we get these days. (apart from excellent threads like 'what's your favorite diablo III easter egg?')
Reply Quote
That's fair. At the moment, we just don't have a lot of details to share about itemization (beyond what we've already communicated). Our goal is always to share new information once it's available, but the tricky part is what to communicate in between those points.

So nothing of note, itemization wise, has happened in the last 3-4 months?
Why doesn't that surprise me.
Reply Quote
What I understand about items is the fact than first creators of D3 deal a lot about Blacksmith and Jeweller. They think people will use their gold to craft more powerfull items than their loot . Loot in their idea was just craft material to do better with artisans.Gold go there and not on HA.
They make a move with demonic essence and account bound lvl63 crafted material to push that forward. It work , I think. What is the next step now ?
Reply Quote
"We'd love to do more informal chats like what Travis and Wyatt did with Archon on the May 15, where the developers just take some time to casually talk about the game and their approach to certain issues. We might not have a lot of new information to share in those chats, but at least it would establish a nice of cadence of conversation. Less formal, more frequent."

sounds great. +1
the question is when and where?

Probably Twitter or Reddit, because people still think that everyone uses it.
Reply Quote
To be fair, I think for most games that go from PC to console or vice versa, the later version of the game will usually be the better one. This could be due to patches to remove some bugs or even in D3 case, added content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]