Diablo® III

So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

I couldn't get past the part where the blue stated, that a white drop has the chance to be replaced by a gold drop auto-magically. Why even keep white's on either platform if they are perceived to be that useless. I recently came back to playing D3. Trying hardcore while starting at mp10 from start was fun how quickly I was leveling in the beginning, but to still see only grey/white items dropping from normal monsters, blues from elites, and strangely enough most golds from random barrels and such rather than monster kills throughout the first act, became very disheartening with the 100% boost to mf. I could only imagine how bad the drops would have been for me if I was without the boost. Also resplendent chests full of health potions is also fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
Their economy in game is fresh and different. Sad but the truth is darker than black.
Reply Quote
PC version = prototype

console version = finished product
Reply Quote
@Diablo just tweeted it out

@Diablo What patch will the game go live with?
@Blaine8723 The console version will ship with up to patch 1.0.7 content.

@diablo will you release future patches for it like you do for pc?
@Blaine8723 Most likely! We're working with Sony & Microsoft to ensure that we're able to deliver updates to the console version.

@diablo one last question, will the drop rates be different on console than on pc, because of no auction house?
@Blaine8723 Slightly! It takes a "less drops, better quality" approach -- like what we want to do with PC. <---------------------- HOW DOES A CONSOLE GET THIS FIRST????????

They are launching the game with "Less, Drops, Better Quality" and giving them Patch 1.07. The patch everyone was happy with except for the loot.

Loots like the console version is getting the BETTER LOOT in patch 1.07 when our PATCH 1.08 STILL Didnt get this feature!!!

I bet they removed those random rolls as well so DEX doesnt end up on a WIZARD WAND ect...

BLIZZARD IS A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!! SMH!!!

I dont follow twitter, but i found the recent Tweets curtesy of "BlaineTrain" and his post at
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998219

EDIT:

Check this out (Diablo 3 is at 1 hour and 45 mins (1:45:00)

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

Checkout (1:46:40) For when he say's that "Diablo 3 has EPIC LOOT!!"

u cant expect them to give the console a failed version of the game..

thats like your parents giving u the clothes that your brother has outgrown..

u wouldnt want that would u??
Reply Quote
View profile
06/11/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Variable
we'd much rather take our time and come up with something that's actually meaningful

Over a decade and counting ain't enough?

So then Blizzard North never worked on D3 at all huh. Well you would be surprised that they did start work on it and it was shelved in 2005 when Blizzard North was shut down. Then When Blizz decided to start developing D3 it was taken off of the shelf. Blizz decided to remake the game from the ground up. Sure they kept some things and changed others. But that process did not take ten years to create this game.

Blizzard North's version would've been way different than what we have right now.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 09:06 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Blizzard North's version would've been way different than what we have right now.

They made a great game! but so did the people behind d3. I'm a total diablo fan and plan on buying it for my 360 and ps3. I am super pissed and happy that they gave us the wings BUT why did I pay $100, so I can say they paid 60 and got the same stuff and then some? The only reason I'm not raging about it is because my computer fried on me and I plan to just play it on consoles.
Reply Quote
View profile
where is everyone getting this "D3 on console
looks like God of War" from?
broaden your horizons and go play
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom; a launch
title for the PS3.
it's like..the original...D3..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
@Diablo just tweeted it out

@Diablo What patch will the game go live with?
@Blaine8723 The console version will ship with up to patch 1.0.7 content.

@diablo will you release future patches for it like you do for pc?
@Blaine8723 Most likely! We're working with Sony & Microsoft to ensure that we're able to deliver updates to the console version.

@diablo one last question, will the drop rates be different on console than on pc, because of no auction house?
@Blaine8723 Slightly! It takes a "less drops, better quality" approach -- like what we want to do with PC. <---------------------- HOW DOES A CONSOLE GET THIS FIRST????????

They are launching the game with "Less, Drops, Better Quality" and giving them Patch 1.07. The patch everyone was happy with except for the loot.

Loots like the console version is getting the BETTER LOOT in patch 1.07 when our PATCH 1.08 STILL Didnt get this feature!!!

I bet they removed those random rolls as well so DEX doesnt end up on a WIZARD WAND ect...

BLIZZARD IS A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!! SMH!!!

I dont follow twitter, but i found the recent Tweets curtesy of "BlaineTrain" and his post at
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998219

EDIT:

Check this out (Diablo 3 is at 1 hour and 45 mins (1:45:00)

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

Checkout (1:46:40) For when he say's that "Diablo 3 has EPIC LOOT!!"

- Completely agree... I think they should phase out the auction house over the next few patches, or make the AH a means to an end - and the best items are from drops and are un-sellable or only tradeable through the character trade system.
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
Auction House 3 =PC

Dialbo 3 = Console

No 2 beez?
Reply Quote
Was built for console to begin with so no surprise, guess PC version was just beta for the console
Reply Quote
Got to say the lack of communication from the devs is terrible. but at least you get blue posts on the us forums, have been times on the eu forums when two weeks have passed without a blue response.

Itemisation is this games biggest flaw. When blizz said auction house was taken in to account when tuning drop rates, what they ment was we have made it as frustrating as hell in order to drive you to ah or rmah. Cant see them changing it any time soon as at the mo rmah profits help pay to develope the console version and pay for its servers :(.

Thanks for letting us beta test d3 for a year to make sure you get the console version right. Still have faith they will eventualy fix the pc version, but my faith is rapidly running out:(

Well done hiding the thread by the way took me ages to find it, i swear it was in general disscusion the other day ?
Reply Quote

I mean, look at this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3424065

132 responses from a developer sharing his throught process, why certain things worked, why certain things didn't work, taking feedback from the community, and actually caring about their responses.

This is just completely and utterly mind blowingly awesome compared to how you guys operate.

This is exactly what you guys need to do. Surprisingly, League of Legends has one of the most "toxic" player environment but people stay a lot more civilized when the designer/developer give a lot more insight in the development process AND they actually take advices from players (they also play with players, try to incorporate direct suggestions when they can about game play, skins, etc).

I think you guys need take on that example. Also your "competitor", Path of Exile does a lot of direct communication with the public and do they a lot of micro and larger patches, keeping people a lot happier.

You need to do both. You should say: "We tried lowering crit damage by 50% and adding new mods that increases damage a certain type of damage by [x]%. While it solved [y] problems it caused [z] problems". In the midst of all the answers, you might get ONE suggestion that you could use afterward.
Reply Quote
The way the weapon system now is brutal for end game. Everyone needs life steal (or LOH, w/e) and every one needs crit dmg. If the weapon doesn't have high DPS, it is useless. Max affixes for a rare is 6. Every single class end game is looking for the same weapon - ilvl 63 with 3 dmg buff affixes, crit dmg, LS, and a socket.

Let some of these affixes we need come from other items or through passive skills or something.. allow for a little more variance in the weapons we can use.

The current affix system doesn't allow for much imagination when it comes to getting it improved I'm afraid, I don't know what kind of ideas they'll come up with to fix all this mess but I'd rather wait for the expansion and a similar item / affix system like D2 had, than getting a "small band aid" patch before expansion so we get close to how things work in the console version which, TBH, I don't think it will work that much better there than here anyway, because characters will still be dependent on their main stat, they won't be able to use really good items that rolled good affixes but the wrong main stat, etc.

So yeah, the current system can be improved a bit but that doesn't mean it will ever be the best possible system which I believe it's the one D2 uses or even similar ARPGs that are out there or being developed.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/13/2013 07:08 AMPosted by CrazyNRG
How hard was it when you had all the systems from D2:LoD, Blizzard had a really good game with that and yet typical blizzard thinking "they" know what fun is and giving us a half done game that doesn't even resemble the Diablo series as a whole.

I know that you and others like you would've loved this game to be a clone of D2. But you have to realize that the devs are gamer as well. Now when you mention fun it is a term that will change it's meaning depending on the person, or in this case the company. Remember that Blizz North style and philosophy is different than Blizz Irvine. So that means what was fun for Blizz North is not so fun for Blizz Irvine.

06/13/2013 07:08 AMPosted by CrazyNRG
WoW subs are going down, D3 has lost a huge player base, Blizzard really need to pull their socks up and be proactive.

WoW is an 8 year old game growing on 9 years. There is no doubt still more life in it. But it is going on a downward trend. I think it should have enough life left that Blizz should be able to wait for Titan to see the light of day. At least I hope so for Blizz's sake. If not then they would be losing their main cash cow. That would kill Blizz if that were to happen.

I will admit that they have to at least do something, even if it is telling us a little bit more of what they want to do without releasing specifics of how it will work. Take that new socketable item are they more like jewels in D2? Or are they more like runes in D2? If they are the latter then do they plan to do something similar to rune words? If so where would D3's type of rune words be on the gear curve? Would they be superior to legendaries and sets or equal in power?

Does Blizz have to wait to improve itemization until they can increase the stash size? Do they have to wait until they get something else changed in the game that would make it easier for them to change itemization? All we are asking is what is the hold up. We have supplied a lot of good questions and feedback that can and should given more than enough inspiration to make good sweeping changes to D3's loot system. We want a progress report of some kind.
Reply Quote
Don't you get it - we (PC) were the test subjects for the good version. Hay are we all having fun yet??
Reply Quote
The $60 beta!
Reply Quote
Screenshot from E3 event showing low level calamity:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/calamity-console-lvl31.png

Yes almost 100% console version will have 1.0.9
Reply Quote
Well what did you expect from Blizzard. That company is dead for me and I think I am not only one with that opinion unless they start doing things differently. I am not hater nor whinner I just dont like if somebody is lieing to me. Even itemization patch will not help bring life to this boring so called RPG game. Can somebody explain to me why they remove so many stuff even stuff which they showed on first gameplay videos? Because this game is like CoD (boring, repeatitive almost no choices, etc...) with monster slaying and now when I see that on console it will be actually better? WTF? Why after 12 years of developement and year after release there are still such issues? What are you doing Blizzard hireing monkeys???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]