Diablo® III

So Its "OFFICIAL" The ps3/ps4 gets the better version

[quote]There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too.

Lyl, you do a great job, so don't take this the wrong way, but if that amazing and logical change makes it into the console version while I continue to interrupt my combat by mis-clicking some stupid white item on the ground while trying to attack, you're going to have to break out the ban-squad, complete with triple-pronged nerf bats to contain my frothing, red-eyed fury. Just sayin', prepare yourself!
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Exile
[quote]There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too.

Lyl, you do a great job, so don't take this the wrong way, but if that amazing and logical change makes it into the console version while I continue to interrupt my combat by mis-clicking some stupid white item on the ground while trying to attack, you're going to have to break out the ban-squad, complete with triple-pronged nerf bats to contain my frothing, red-eyed fury. Just sayin', prepare yourself!

I'd be right there with ya...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/13/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Banker
Yes almost 100% console version will have 1.0.9

Going to nip this one in the bud. The console version of Diablo III will ship with all of 1.0.7 content, plus some features from 1.0.8 -- but that's it. Detailed that a little more here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245624848#4
Edited by Lylirra on 6/14/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Lylirra
Yes almost 100% console version will have 1.0.9

Going to nip this one in the bud. The console version of Diablo III will ship with all of 1.0.7 content, plus some features from 1.0.8 -- but that's it.

Glad you're being proactive on this, but it still feels like proactive damage control. As I mentioned before, it seems like the community feels that you guys are too "cloak and dagger" about your inner-workings. That's understandable for lots of reasons (some of which you've mentioned, such as not wanting to speak to things when there's just nothing available to say), but as I mentioned before, regular communication (like a flowing river, not a sometimes-monsoon) might help prevent these rumors/complaints/etc. from starting in the first place.

Still, regular communication takes dedicated time, and I understand that you're all busy - not just in the office, but (I assume) outside of it, as well. Work-life balance is critical for anyone, and you're all entitled to both that, and the ability to work on projects that need doing. Still, keeping the community more often informed would go a long way in fostering a more accurate image of the D3 team than what the (for lack of a better term) "common opinion" is right now.
Reply Quote
We'll i really dont find this new surprising. It's all about the money. Ps3/ps4 are the winners in the end PC users are getting totally shafted.

Itemization not coming out for a long time and im sure its not even going to happen this year.

Blizzard is all about money. Next move is forcing users to ps3/ps4.

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1569-items-20-revamp-in-d3-wont-happen-before-blizzcon
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 6/14/2013 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The hottest place in Diablo's hell is reserved for those responsible for the loot system design of D3.

I suppose it could be worse, the greedy banks almost blew up the world, Activision only blew up the most beloved game franchise of all time.
Reply Quote
I'll have to give Activision credit for being shrewd business men. Concentrating on the console version makes pefect business sense. It's a whole new market. They already made their money from D3 PC. D3 PC is beyond repair and everyone knows it. Who in there right mind would now buy D3 PC version?

Activision is supposed to make the most money for it's shareholders as possible, it is required by law to do so. It's not a charity for the suckers who bought D3 Pc on the basis of their love of D1 and D2.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 6/14/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Shadovex
die hard fans.

Those still exist?

Nope they all died from boredom. Sad. RIP
Reply Quote
http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1569-items-20-revamp-in-d3-wont-happen-before-blizzcon

Muhaha this is just getting better and better :D :D
Reply Quote
I wont buy your console version, no matter how hard you try to sell it on us, and how hard you try to penalize me for playing on pc.
Reply Quote
Atm we are looking at an 8 month patch.
Uninstalling
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Lylirra, I think the big question the community here is asking and wants an honest answer to is this:

The console version of Diablo 3 uses the same skills and abilities, and the same core stat mechanics, and yet has an itemization package in place or near enough to be put into place to have it ready in September when the game launches (August really since it takes time to master, batch, and ship boxed copies to stores). Why is it then, if the console version is using the same stat and affix system as the PC version, does the PC version have to wait quite a few months longer to receive its itemization patch?

I get that the console version has no AH and a minimalist trading system, but everything else being the same stat wise, how is it they get the itemization fix first and we get to wait until most likely next year at the earliest? That doesn't really make sense to me, or to most other players here.

I'm not fond of calling anybody out, but in this case somebody has some explaining to do, because if a viable loot model is ready for one version of Diablo 3, then it can't be that difficult to port it over to the other version. If the AH is your issue, then you need to deal with that now, not later, thereby forcing us to wait until that fix is in too.

I think I can speak fairly well for the community in this instance when I say that we didn't expect to pay $60 to buy into a two year Diablo version of the Final Fantasy XIV fiasco. 1.0.8 came out on May 7th, over a month ago and we've been talking itemization since January (actively at least - much longer than that in actuality). Asking us to wait out such a long period of time when there appears to be a workable itemization mdoel on the console version just plain seems absurd.

I think we deserve an explanation why "our" dev team can't pick the brains of the console dev team(s) and get that ball rolling much sooner. Using BlizzCon as the gateway cop-out isn't sitting too well with most of us, myself included.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Lylirra, I think the big question the community here is asking and wants an honest answer to is this:

The console version of Diablo 3 uses the same skills and abilities, and the same core stat mechanics, and yet has an itemization package in place or near enough to be put into place to have it ready in September when the game launches (August really since it takes time to master, batch, and ship boxed copies to stores). Why is it then, if the console version is using the same stat and affix system as the PC version, does the PC version have to wait quite a few months longer to receive its itemization patch?

I get that the console version has no AH and a minimalist trading system, but everything else being the same stat wise, how is it they get the itemization fix first and we get to wait until most likely next year at the earliest? That doesn't really make sense to me, or to most other players here.

I'm not fond of calling anybody out, but in this case somebody has some explaining to do, because if a viable loot model is ready for one version of Diablo 3, then it can't be that difficult to port it over to the other version. If the AH is your issue, then you need to deal with that now, not later, thereby forcing us to wait until that fix is in too.

I think I can speak fairly well for the community in this instance when I say that we didn't expect to pay $60 to buy into a two year Diablo version of the Final Fantasy XIV fiasco. 1.0.8 came out on May 7th, over a month ago and we've been talking itemization since January (actively at least - much longer than that in actuality). Asking us to wait out such a long period of time when there appears to be a workable itemization mdoel on the console version just plain seems absurd.

I think we deserve an explanation why "our" dev team can't pick the brains of the console dev team(s) and get that ball rolling much sooner. Using BlizzCon as the gateway cop-out isn't sitting too well with most of us, myself included.

wondering if you will get replay or be ignored like most of us. Something is wrong if they need 1y to put ID all, Itemization 2.0 wont fire in 2013 then... for sure.
Reply Quote
TheTias's post is about what I'm wodering about too. I'm curious about a blue reply.

Edit: about... -bout... -out...
Edited by kerad#2828 on 6/15/2013 3:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
but we'd much rather take our time and come up with something that's actually meaningful and relevant, rather than implement something quickly that doesn't satisfy the current problems and/or make the game anymore engaging.

i would normally agree 100%, but when it comes to the blue and white items, which makes looting horribly annoying, this is something that MUST be fixed before the patch...

everytime i start playing, after 30 min or so, i get fed up with it and go play ah instead...

it amazes me that you still pull the "not until it is ready card" because every single patch we have seen so far has been filled with bugs....

fixing the looting problem is crucial before the next patchj
Reply Quote
I think the pc item patch has been abandoned they just havent told us yet. Just as the ask the devs project (wich was supposed to happen every month ?) was completly abandoned with out the community being told and no reasons given.

Rapidly loosing all faith in the dev team and company in general :( I keep hearing that pc development has been suspended to consentrate on the console version? , but why? we have been told they have separate dev teams ? could they not be worked on at the same time?

If any steps have been made towards the item patch please tell us? or at least tell us what has been tried and didnt work? or what youre working on ? any info would be great?

At the momemt message seems to be if you want d3 with proper drop tables buy the console version. If you want proper itemisation on the pc version youre not getting it for a long long time ( of course the rmah has nothing to do with this ??? lol), so buy the console version or **** off.
Reply Quote

+1 finally something usefull from a MVP.
Keep up the good work.
Edited by smeerpijp#2499 on 6/15/2013 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]